• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

would LAU LEE survive this GE?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is being elected, high chance we will have a state funeral during his term.

wiw! beside wealth and power, there's fame to go along. since it's state funeral, the familee wouldn't need to spend a single cent. what about the donations that would be pouring in? theoretically, it would be annouced that all being donated to charities. but practically, does that ever happen??

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is being elected, high chance we will have a state funeral during his term.

wow! beside wealth and power, there's fame to go along. since it's state funeral, the familee wouldn't need to spend a single cent. what about the donations that would be pouring in? theoretically, it would be annouced that all being donated to charities. but practically, does that ever happen??

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's got to do with his legacy as the Ex-PM cum Ex-founder of post colonial SG. There is a stigma for most - so far none of the PMs were voted out during GEs. It's the same for him, for Goh and also his very own son. Becos of this there is plenty of reasons for him and Goh as MM/SM to carry on participating in GE. It's like having a winning ticket before you have placed the bet.

It's also a deep seated Chinese culture. Chinese give a lot of respect to Tai Shang Huang (Supreme Emperor), and in this respect SG people view the supreme PMs with a lot of deference - thus to lose in the GE is unthinkable. See why they are always in GRC? one winning ticket means 5 winning tickets....pao chiak eh...:smile:

the father, the son and the holy goh each shields in a few decorative vases candidates in their respective GRCs. what does that prove? the influence of the mother hens of the unholy trinity at work invisibly or the true capability of the sure-win flower vases pappies?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether he kaput in office or not, they will give him a state funeral. Just look at his wife, what has she ever contributed and yet she is given one.

everyone who owns a hdb flat is fleeced by leegal papers courtesy by lee n lee. no other legal firms are entitled to do the transfer. it's a monopoly familee business. everyone must be grateful to his wife as her firm charges the minimum. then again just look at the numbers of hdb transaction per day. it's practically a inexhaustible money spinning machine!!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lau Lee is the consummate politician. Of course he will survive this GE! He is looking handsome as ever with ruddy complexion. He eats health food and supplements and gets the best medical attention 24/7. On the political stage, he will survive only because he is so entrenched as is the PAP. In Sinkapore, everything is stage-managed, including of course, the GE. It's a once in 5 years circus with very much predictable results!

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why TP GRC need to be challenged. Need make the MP work. Whether he can or cannot survive, let see.

That is why the opposition are very smart to send in newbies to those PAP stronghold areas. They know they will be beaten but they can gauge from the percentage how much they tide has turn and then come next election they will probably send in a much stronger team.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lau Lee is the consummate politician. Of course he will survive this GE! He is looking handsome as ever with ruddy complexion. He eats health food and supplements and gets the best medical attention 24/7. On the political stage, he will survive only because he is so entrenched as is the PAP. In Sinkapore, everything is stage-managed, including of course, the GE. It's a once in 5 years circus with very much predictable results!

I pray he survives this GE to see the collapse of a GRC and some SMC seats. That should send him home earlier.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I pray he survives this GE to see the collapse of a GRC and some SMC seats. That should send him home earlier.

it could have the opposite effect, it could galvanise him to live longer.........remember Vin Diesel's famous quote in the movie TripleX .........

"I Live For This Shit!"

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Qn: Would U guys rather he be like the Madhatter? Pretend to retire but wouldn't shut up and at one point even try to return and grab power?

I for 1 am pretty sure the old man will not shut up even if he retires

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think so. He thinks that he will be immortalised in the Hall of Fame rather than in the Hall of Shame. How many Sin City slaves are still thinking that he is a hero ? Sad, really sad. And ignorant is bliss ? My goodness !

I wonder where his money will go if he dies ? The sissy dragon boy ? He walks like a sissy when he sways his hips. A sissy general. A fake general - only in name. Buh !

[video=youtube;1LV48TWxdvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LV48TWxdvk[/video]

K-Pop

[video=youtube;F4HmLic0SKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4HmLic0SKY[/video]

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it could have the opposite effect, it could galvanise him to live longer.........remember Vin Diesel's famous quote in the movie TripleX .........

"I Live For This Shit!"

Unfortunately for him, if placed on the 'wanted' list, there is no escape. The devil seldom fails in getting thier targets.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, nowadays cremation in fashion. Unless buried, not possible to rise from his grave. Can always get KNNBCCB to shoot him if he rises.

Don't be surprise they will embalmed him and put his body on display like Mao. I won't want to be the guard on duty constantly having to look out for a rising corpse.

jw5

Loyal
Don't be surprise they will embalmed him and put his body on display like Mao. I won't want to be the guard on duty constantly having to look out for a rising corpse.

On the other hand, you can consider it a service to the nation by knocking it back everytime it tries to rise. :biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the other hand, you can consider it a service to the nation by knocking it back everytime it tries to rise. :biggrin:

the rumour that once every certain days, lau lee would get a total blood change - just like a change in engine oil every 5000 km. whether it's myth or truth, nobody shall know. but from the low level in our blood bank, there might be some truth in it.

both dracula and pontianak needs young blood. but pontianak already turned to ash. only dracula lives on....and so the blood bank is half utilised to feed drac's craving to replenish new and fresh young blood.

blood donation, any one? :smile::p

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
survive means he wouldn't drop dead half way. or drop dead not long after victory.

why doesn't he retire? perhaps there is now an empty nest that he returns to. retirement seems meaningless to him. perhaps screwing the nation is what keeping him happy.

:p

Get someone to compete there for election, make LKY go for rally every day and night. He will be half dead even if he doesn't completely.