• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2010 Forecastology

jw5

Loyal
Whether its Germany or Spain, heart say Spain, my head thinks Netherlands will be winner of this WC.

Germany is predictable as they are very strong in counterattacking. Spain should be able to stop Germany from scoring if they do not leave their defence in gaps during their attacks at German's goalmouth.
Germany can win if they can exploit Spain's weaknesses - their full backs Capdevilla and Ramos.
These 2 like to attack and they are not strong in defending.
Whenever Casillas has the ball, he will roll it or kick it to Pique or Puyol. By then the 2 full backs will be at the half way line.
If Germany can attack quickly down the flanks, they can win.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will be a fucking great match, i cant wait :p:p:p
I hope can go extra time, less 1 day break + extra 30 mins of play, advantage to the Dutch, LOL.
But i think it will be settled in 90 minutes, LOL :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
about yesterday match, can anyone explain why forlan was sub when they are trying to chase 3-1 ? also, you notice there is one dutch player keep asking what is the time at the end of the match. every single match he ask the referee, this time he got a yellow card.

jw5

Loyal
about yesterday match, can anyone explain why forlan was sub when they are trying to chase 3-1 ? also, you notice there is one dutch player keep asking what is the time at the end of the match. every single match he ask the referee, this time he got a yellow card.
It was reported that he was carrying an injury he picked up in training before the match.
He also admitted that he was tired and was not contributing much when he was substituted.
The dutch player was Van Bommel.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was reported that he was carrying an injury he picked up in training before the match.
He also admitted that he was tired and was not contributing much when he was substituted.
The dutch player was Van Bommel.

MVB this player is lucky to stay on field so far. If I am not wrong, he is the only dutch player who makes the most fouls in the team and yet doesn't get many yellow cards. Are the referees shielding him? His play is to break up the momentum and tempo of opposing teams but sometimes his fouls go unseen

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Germany can win if they can exploit Spain's weaknesses - their full backs Capdevilla and Ramos.
These 2 like to attack and they are not strong in defending.
Whenever Casillas has the ball, he will roll it or kick it to Pique or Puyol. By then the 2 full backs will be at the half way line.
If Germany can attack quickly down the flanks, they can win.

England's mistake was bringing Ledley King to world cup and giving Upson the chance to play against Germany.

Ledley King is an injury prone player and can never play 2 consecutive games. I don't even understand why he was chosen. Proven right after the 1st game.

Carragher is slow but he has experience unlike Upson. Upson is Senderos 2. That's why they got released by Arsenal. Can't really count on them for defensive duties. Carragher being slower will never drift further up the field like Upson causing Germany to score quick goals. John Terry had an off day because he drifted too far up and underestimated the counter attacks of Germans. If Spain's centrebacks stay behind to defend against German's counterattacks, that would be better because the left and right backs in most teams are not known to be good defenders. So cannot depend on Capdevila and Ramos. Del Bosque is a better tactician than Maradona and Capello, so I think he should know how to stop Germans.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak, why the Germans not attacking? kenna pegged or what??? i thought they will go offensive from the start........ wah lau eh....

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bookie should just buy the octopus and use it for all the football match betting.
or give it to the whale.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After the historic routing of the Anglos and Argies, the U-boats have wrapped up everything from North to South Atlantic. There's no way that Germany can fail to win the World Cup. The Panzer tanks under the command of General Loew shall sweep clean through Iberia and Benelux.

thank you ramseth for the great consistency in your betting tips. we just have to bet the other way and consistently win. :biggrin:

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Football: Puyol strikes as Spain down Germany to reach final

DURBAN: Carles Puyol scored the only goal of the game to send Spain into the World Cup final against Holland following a 1-0 victory against Germany on Wednesday.

The Barcelona centre-back powered home a header from 10 yards from Xavi's corner 17 minutes from time to send the reigning European champions into their first ever World Cup final.

Holland reached the title game by beating Uruguay 3-2 in Cape Town on Tuesday.

It means there will be a new name on the trophy for the first time since France claimed victory on home soil in 1998.

"All of our players were extraordinary - but we still have a match to play," said Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque.

"We know Dutch football and it will be very tough in the final."

Germany coach Joachim Loew said: "Compliments to Spain. I believe they will be the world champions, they have been the best for the last two or three years."

German keeper Manuel Neuer lamented a below-par German showing.

"Spain had done their homework and limited our chances," said Neuer while his skipper Philipp Lahm added: "We had planned to do a lot of things, but they didn't come off.

Del Bosque had sprung a surprise before kick-off by dropping out-of-form Liverpool forward Fernando Torres and replacing him with Barcelona youngster Pedro.

That move allowed tournament top scorer David Villa to play through the middle and the switch almost paid dividends six minutes into the game.

Pedro came in off his wing and slipped a delightful ball in behind the Germany defence which Villa ran on to but he had to slide in to shoot before Manuel Neuer arrived and he succeeded only in prodding the ball into the goalkeeper's chest.

Spain should have gone ahead on 14 minutes after a cleverly-worked corner routine left Andres Iniesta free to cross from the right, but Puyol got too much purchase on his diving header and sent the ball over the bar.

Germany were stretched again on 19 minutes as a great cross-field ball from Xabi Alonso found the marauding Sergio Ramos but after an exquisite piece of control his shot was wild and high.

Germany finally threatened on 32 minutes when Piotr Trochowski, in for the suspended Thomas Mueller, shot from distance and forced Iker Casillas into a sprawling save low to his left.

Mesut Ozil thought he should have had a penalty on the stroke of half-time when he went down under a challenge from Ramos but his appeals were waved away by referee Viktor Kassai.

For all their pretty approach play, Spain were struggling to get into the box and started hitting pot shots from distance with Alonso, twice, and Villa shooting wide.

Neuer then saved from Pedro, who moments later shot wide while Villa was inches away from a tap-in after Iniesta jinked into the box and squared the ball across goal.

Up the other end substitute Marcell Jansen's cross was flicked on by a Spanish head, but on the turn Miroslav Klose could only volley high.

And on 69 minutes Germany created possibly their best chance of the match as substitute Toni Kroos arrived unmarked at the back post onto Lukas Podolski's cross but his finish was weak and straight at Casillas.

But then came Puyol's great leap to propel Spain into the final.

Spain had several chances on the counter attack late on but Pedro wasted the best of those as he tried to turn Arne Friedrich once too often instead of squaring to the unmarked substitute Torres - on for Villa.

"I am very happy - we played our best match of the World Cup. Now we have to win it," said a delighted Villa. - AFP/fa

jw5

Loyal
Carragher is slow but he has experience unlike Upson. Upson is Senderos 2. That's why they got released by Arsenal. Can't really count on them for defensive duties. Carragher being slower will never drift further up the field like Upson causing Germany to score quick goals. John Terry had an off day because he drifted too far up and underestimated the counter attacks of Germans. If Spain's centrebacks stay behind to defend against German's counterattacks, that would be better because the left and right backs in most teams are not known to be good defenders. So cannot depend on Capdevila and Ramos. Del Bosque is a better tactician than Maradona and Capello, so I think he should know how to stop Germans.
You were proven right.
But I was right too, cause Germany never really attacked down the flanks, but that was also due to Spain's defensive tactics.

Last edited:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Germany kana sia play this morning.A pathetic show and a gift to Spain. I suspect they very toolan with their captain for his remarks on their Ballack..so they did not really play for him and for their country.

They were like strolling in the park while the Spanish were simply playing ferociously and attacking....Could have been more goals to add to the German's shame and humiliation.But there were far too many misses right in front of the goal post!!!

Germany did not play.Spain played well.They deserved to win.It was Kelong Germany all the way from the whistle go!!! The Germans looked so tired, so exhausted, so drained and so empty of ideas....Goners lah...maybe they are now $$$$$ richer!!!!...Nanbeh wasted my morning sleep!!! Chay!!!

Well done Spain...the new World Cup Champion..

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bookie should just buy the octopus and use it for all the football match betting.
or give it to the whale.

me think all the results were manipulated by powerful bookies!!!

the germans simply gave the game to the spanish!!! nanbeh!!!

no game at all...the germans were just strolling in the park..kick here and kick there...they don't even go for the ball...and they don't even jump for the ball..bloody bally boring kelonggame!!!....no excitement at all!!!! unlike the game between the Ulus and the Dutch Babies!!!

let us wait for the final...i hope the Dutch Babies don't cry!!!