• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you sing for the SDP?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kakowi,

I hardly doubt that I shall be a "one man crusade" nor that PAP Teo Ho Pin shall be the "beneficiary".

The only beneficiary in this sad sorry situation shall be the principle of "doing the right thing" something which Yaw Shin Leong and to some extent WP and to a large extent the PAPs all appear to have forgotten about and neglected.:wink:

Cheers

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you seriously mean dat YSL should give his vote to any opposition candidate? He is not being personal for voting against SDP candidate. In fact, he also stated clearly in his blog dat he will not automatically vote in favor of his own party candidates. Is it YSL's fault for SDP failure to attract suitably talented people who can match up to at least wat PAP has to offer? :smile:
You got the angle wrong. He could have spoilt his vote or kept quiet. He is a key member of a political party and tactics/strategy play a main part. He also went on to praise the PAP candidate and even assured him of his vote.

In the main, the PAP does more damage having all its seats or a monopoly. You cannot bring the PAP to the negotiating table unless they have less seats and are uncomfortable. Ling winning that seat does SDP very little but does significant damage to PAP.

If Singaporeans are shortsighted as Yaw and you, the PAP will continue to cut the legs of potential credible opposition candidates and leave the Lings and the SDP of the world as choice. And guess who gets the votes.

The game in play is to reduce the number of PAP seats. We are not looking for nobel laurettes, Ghandi, Mandela etc. The residents of PP and Hougang have not exactly got effective materials in their incumbents and they are losing out a lot. They understand the PAP has to be less overbearing and more accountable in Parliament as a result of their actions.

Until we reduce the PAP seats to a tipping point, we can then decide on whether it should be vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate.

For Yaw it is inexcusable as he is supposed to understand politics. I suppose he does not understand the meaning of whip, lifting the whip or conscience vote or the underlying principles behind it. He effectively took a conscience vote on what he perceived to be a moral stand when there was none.

Thats poor IQ and very bad EQ.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Sad fact is that as long as people like YSL are not challenged by more qualified people from within the opposition , then in a nation of blind and the dumb the one eyed moron is king.

Locke

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
[/QUOTE]You got the angle wrong. He could have spoilt his vote or kept quiet. He is a key member of a political party and tactics/strategy play a main part. He also went on to praise the PAP candidate and even assured him of his vote.[/QUOTE]

For Yaw it is inexcusable as he is supposed to understand politics. I suppose he does not understand the meaning of whip, lifting the whip or conscience vote or the underlying principles behind it. He effectively took a conscience vote on what he perceived to be a moral stand when there was none.

Thats poor IQ and very bad EQ.[/QUOTE]

YSL probably got his head too big after garnering a "thunderous" 30+% vote at AMK GRC. Thus, it is "unfortunate" dat he wrote wat he is not supposed to write. His action was plain irresponsible and uncalled for, resulted in grave disruption to opposition harmony.

As pointed out correctly by locke, if able people like you is unwilling to stand for election, hardcore opposition supporters will have beri little choice but to continue voting for jokers like him.

I also agreed with bro "Perspective" a spoilt vote is one dat is more beneficial to PAP. Hence, i would rather see voters making a clear choice for themselves. Anyway, you can vote for PAP, YSL the clown or go ahead to spoil yr vote. One person, one vote. You vote, you decide. No one fight with you and that is the way how thing should go.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sad fact is that as long as people like YSL are not challenged by more qualified people from within the opposition , then in a nation of blind and the dumb the one eyed moron is king.

Sad is the fact that qualified people like Locke don't stand but talk only. Waiting for others to mount the challenge? If not you, who? If you don't, be sad for yourself first before claiming to be sad for others. In a nation where people with two eyes close both eyes, even the blind can be king.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ramseth

I am forever indebted to you for your vote of confidence but alas a waterboy is all I am qualified to be and all that I seek in the current circumstances :_)) Unlike a certain BSC infected individual, I believe you can take that statement to the bank

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
YSL probably got his head too big after garnering a "thunderous" 30+% vote at AMK GRC. Thus, it is "unfortunate" dat he wrote wat he is not supposed to write. His action was plain irresponsible and uncalled for, resulted in grave disruption to opposition harmony.

Agree.

As pointed out correctly by locke, if able people like you is unwilling to stand for election, hardcore opposition supporters will have beri little choice but to continue voting for jokers like him. .

Agree again.
I also agreed with bro "Perspective" a spoilt vote is one dat is more beneficial to PAP. Hence, i would rather see voters making a clear choice for themselves. Anyway, you can vote for PAP, YSL the clown or go ahead to spoil yr vote. One person, one vote. You vote, you decide. No one fight with you and that is the way how thing should go.

No way will I vote for the PAP even if an axe murderer stands in the same ward in a straight contest. The damage the guy can do is limited while that of the PAP is massive. If the message goes out that an axe murderer can be voted it reflects badly on the PAP and shows the desperation faced by Singaporeans in what is supposed to be a democractic country.

I agree that a spoilt vote does little but voting for the PAP instead is an unbelievable pull of the bow in this context. What happens if both candidates are twiddle dee and twiddle dum. Do you spoil your vote or vote one of them in. Obviously you spoil your vote to show your dislike for both. If enough people do it, the message can be only be one - both not acceptable. Not much of mandate if one gets pass the post. Rather a lame duck in the eyes of the world.

Like I said, he was not intelligent enough and should have left the thinking to the more able in society.

Lets me forget, he praised the PAP candidate. If that does not sound alarm bells, issues about spoilt votes are moot. Why not remain silent and not damage the party cause.

More distressing is that Party had not addressed the issue.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got the angle wrong. He could have spoilt his vote or kept quiet. He is a key member of a political party and tactics/strategy play a main part. He also went on to praise the PAP candidate and even assured him of his vote.

In the main, the PAP does more damage having all its seats or a monopoly. You cannot bring the PAP to the negotiating table unless they have less seats and are uncomfortable. Ling winning that seat does SDP very little but does significant damage to PAP.

If Singaporeans are shortsighted as Yaw and you, the PAP will continue to cut the legs of potential credible opposition candidates and leave the Lings and the SDP of the world as choice. And guess who gets the votes.

The game in play is to reduce the number of PAP seats. We are not looking for nobel laurettes, Ghandi, Mandela etc. The residents of PP and Hougang have not exactly got effective materials in their incumbents and they are losing out a lot. They understand the PAP has to be less overbearing and more accountable in Parliament as a result of their actions.

Until we reduce the PAP seats to a tipping point, we can then decide on whether it should be vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate.

Thats poor IQ and very bad EQ.

Actually, I kind of think both you and "Porfirio Rubirosa" did not get Jixiaolan's POV. I believe what is was trying to say is that not everyone is ready to have the PAP nearly out or badly damaged, so whether the message to people to vote even pirates with a grand record who run in the opposition will stick.

After 30 years of opposition politics, the biggest opposition winners are not the ones who raises the most issues. Nor the ones who kept to the least issues. The question is, where is the beef? That is a question we can all discuss as anonymous forummers but probably no one has the correct answer.

The only thing I agree is that YSL shouldn't be announcing his vote to the public. However, one who may get wind of what's happening - the PAP is facing a lot of mutiny from its youths, especially the non-party grassroots young hands with no obligations to the party. Several have begun to delve towards the opposition in a low-key way. In this sense, his voting choice was perceived to be a sign of confidence; that he could match up to the PAP candidate anytime by with the rejection of one who is despite being fellow opposition.

There is also one part I disagree. LHD's attempted ouster of 2 secretary-generals in a consecutive row plays one of the biggest reasons to return the 2 seats to the PAP. To me, the damage is probably more than Chiam, CSJ, LTK and YSL's total mistakes in their number of years in politics combined. That is my own POV.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would be curious to hear from Jixiaolan if indeed that was his POV.

In any event I personally fail to see such "damage" being caused to PAPs based on the present ground conditions, so this would hardly be a matter of concern. And if it does then the message shall be finally sent and perhaps we may then see real positive change emanating from PAP.

At the end of the day the ball lies in the court of the "swing vote", whether they have the guts and gumption to see and help bring about real effective positive change or do they just continue to whine, gripe, moan and whinge but at the poll booth still mark a tick next to the bolt of lightning.

Actually, I kind of think both you and "Porfirio Rubirosa" did not get Jixiaolan's POV. I believe what is was trying to say is that not everyone is ready to have the PAP nearly out or badly damaged, so whether the message to people to vote even pirates with a grand record who run in the opposition will stick.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
if someone were to sing for SDP, the perfect song (with lyrics changed) should be DON'T CRY FOR CHEE, SDP (tune froM DON'T CRY FOR ME, ARGENTINA)

something like this:

dun cry for chee, SDP....

the paps...the paps are giving u a good whack....

whatever u did, u always think it's right....

but it's wrong....it's wrong....

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's wrong....it's wrong....

this is appalling!

2771061930104597968S500x500Q85.jpg

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would be curious to hear from Jixiaolan if indeed that was his POV.

Bro, I can't speak for JXL but this is my impression. While I believe he would vote any opposition, he probably doesn't have much adversity to voting the PAP if the opposition doesn't fare. That's my opinion.

In any case, for me, those I mean otherwise are those who do not take over the PAP in dismantling the opposition per se. By that, I mean blatantly, not subjectively or "pinned" on. Cheers.