• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Will you go to hell after death? Some believe they will

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_20190824_102713.jpg

Anyone read this?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This contradicts everything you said about atonement.

So all you fuckers let brother Jesus take one for the team and y'all get an autopass into heaven if you believe in him.

Right....

Good try!

Looks like Jesus won't be taking one for you.

Enjoy burning in hell. Hard truth.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is what the Bible teaches about God. He is so perfect that he would not tolerate any imperfections. So why did he give us our human nature? Which is imperfect, knowing that Eve would be tempted. Some would say he gave us freedom of choice. And if he is all knowing, alpha and omega, he would have known that humans will screw up when given freedom of choice. Hence, he knew the outcome, and yet proceeded with creation. Kind of sadistic:frown:. Oh, and I didn't miss your classification of opposing PAP as a sin which needs atonement. You pap dog! Yes, I know what your ah gong said about "repent". He probably thought he was god.:biggrin:

Man is made in God's image. If God had free will, so does Man. While Eve was tempted, she had the choice to resist or to give in. God didn't intervene and snatch the Fruit from her hands before she took a bite. Free choice.

Opposing a good government is sin. The PAP has done a lot of good, building a multi-racial multi-religious society based on meritocracy. If you look at our neighbours indonesia and malaysia, they want a society based on religion and race. You will be discriminated by the state institutions if you are neither malay nor moslem.

Rebellion is akin to witchcraft. So rebelling against a good government like PAP is a sin.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have u read Homo Deus by Yuval Harari? Amongst other things, he gives a good narrative of the rise of religion (its purpose to fit civilization of the times) and it's obsolescence in this day and age.

If you haven't read it, you might like it.
hai! thanks! :thumbsup:

I think you are my guide for reading curricula. also my facts and knowledge reference. :laugh: my knowledge and conclusions are from more er... itinerant sources. :laugh::laugh:

no I've not read it, but I'll look it up in a few months when I will have some time on my hands. homo deus eh? god man? Harari, sounds like a Lebanese name.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
hai! thanks! :thumbsup:

I think you are my guide for reading curricula. also my facts and knowledge reference. :laugh: my knowledge and conclusions are from more er... itinerant sources. :laugh::laugh:

no I've not read it, but I'll look it up in a few months when I will have some time on my hands. homo deus eh? god man? Harari, sounds like a Lebanese name.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

He's a gay Jewish dude. Who would have thought...

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Man is made in God's image. If God had free will, so does Man. While Eve was tempted, she had the choice to resist or to give in. God didn't intervene and snatch the Fruit from her hands before she took a bite. Free choice.

Opposing a good government is sin. The PAP has done a lot of good, building a multi-racial multi-religious society based on meritocracy. If you look at our neighbours indonesia and malaysia, they want a society based on religion and race. You will be discriminated by the state institutions if you are neither malay nor moslem.

Rebellion is akin to witchcraft. So rebelling against a good government like PAP is a sin.
Let me repeat. Since god is omniscient, he knew man would fall. And yet went along with his creation project. And like clockwork, men became sinful. So that made him very angry, and he demanded another sacrifice (like he always does). But suddenly now he loves us so much that he sent his son in a human form to be that sacrifice. He sure works in mysterious ways!

And from my experience, some of the worse people I have met are christians.

Opposing a good government is sin? Rebellion is akin to witchcraft? Hahahaha, good one! You can be funny when you want to.:biggrin:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me repeat. Since god is omniscient, he knew man would fall. And yet went along with his creation project. And like clockwork, men became sinful. So that made him very angry, and he demanded another sacrifice (like he always does). But suddenly now he loves us so much that he sent his son in a human form to be that sacrifice. He sure works in mysterious ways!

And from my experience, some of the worse people I have met are christians.

Opposing a good government is sin? Rebellion is akin to witchcraft? Hahahaha, good one! You can be funny when you want to.:biggrin:
and for some people, I do think religion is still appropriate....

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
and for some people, I do think religion is still appropriate....
Which God we believe in is largely determined by where we are brought up, the environment, culture, place, history, etc etc. So which is the true God is really rubbish and people who insist that their God is the real God is the most fuckup of all species.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This life, in my opinion , is short. We came into this world unaware and will go from this world unaware of the hereafter. If you believe there is a heaven or a hell, it is good for you because the belief of heaven or hell will shape your values and makes you a more aware person of your place in this world.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

Historical context will note that Jesus was a rebel.

That's the problem with Christians and religion, picking and choosing which bits of history to recall and conveniently forgetting the inconvenient truths.