• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Will you go to hell after death? Some believe they will

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no -- sorcery. also known as sihr. the punishment is death. beheading being the most practiced in the Middle East.

I hope that whoami doesn't mention this if he travels out of Singapore. I don't think he will be beheaded, just that it's not a safe thing to mention to the Middle Easterners.

Theres a thread by AhMeng on Jin. U can also google it. I have no comments for other Muslims. But if u ask me honestly I dont dabble with Jinns....be it Muslims or Non Muslims Jinn. I am no bomoh or sorcery. What more sihr. I deal strictly with the scripture i.e. the Quran. Never belittle the verses of the Quran. :smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is your friend's connection to your son then. but this man must be a good man otherwise it's totally useless.

Yup! Hes a good man. Help dengan ihklas. Not even a single cent he will take cos he told us hes employed even though as a despatch rider. If i tell u the wonders he did, u sure think i BS. Even he himself confessed power lies with the Almighty. HIS words itself is miracle.:thumbsup:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is it so? Please explain further. No bomoh stuff ya...
Theres a thread by AhMeng on Jin. U can also google it. I have no comments for other Muslims. But if u ask me honestly I dont dabble with Jinns....be it Muslims or Non Muslims Jinn. I am no bomoh or sorcery. What more sihr. I deal strictly with the scripture i.e. the Quran. Never belittle the verses of the Quran. :smile:

What you describe by your friend doing for your son, I do know for a fact that a good number of Middle Easterns will cal it Sihr and go after who did it, who received it and whoever was involved in it. That is what their reading of the scripture informs them to do. I don't agree with it or endorse, but I am just reporting what I have seen.

I said before, Malays were Malays long before Islam came to South East Asia. Seeing Malay history and seeing Middle Eastern history, I am struck by how different the peoples are. The only thing even vaguely similar is skin colour. I believe that Malays in the past and even in the present were very accepting people used to living with each other and lived with each other peacefully with nature gotong-royong. You want I can write an essay on this alone. Long before Islam, Malays were Malays 1st and foremost. Do you accept that all your ancestors before a certain time ended up in hell because they never worshipped a religion and scripture? You can easily argue the same with Christians. I find this disgusting. Your ancestors are why you are here writing to me today. If one day your descendants discover a new religion and new scripture, will they consign you as a non-believer that goes to hell?

The Middle Easterners are the exact opposite. Before I continue, I am going to say ME is a very diverse place itself, so will have many different versions, but the following stereotype is still true. Always warring and fighting and using each other. Still the same today. You see Malays, Indonesians and filipinos non-stop creating division and fighting amongst themselves? No. Always family first. Even now I still see young Malays got spirit of kejiranan. I am Chinese as is my family, yet when I am with Malay people, I see many Malays treat my children like their own relatives. Good luck getting that from Chinese. I firmly believe that Chinese are enriched by mixing with Malays and Indians and am grateful I grew up with everyone.

The core of the knowledge I wish to share with you is this : Islam is derived from Judaism. They are inseparable and Christianity and Islam would not exist without Judaism. Before the Jewish one god, there were many Jewish gods depending on place. I also know that Judaism and monotheism (one-god) was a creation of a militaristic drive to unite people to achieve dominance among warring tribes. I will also share with you this : the only difference between a cult and a religion is whether the number of believers are in the majority or the minority of the population. So Judaism began as a cult. One that supposedly the Pharoah of Egypt tried to eradicate unsuccessfully.

I do not know and am not willing to prove the existence of god yes or no, but I am certain of the history and genesis of Abrahamic religions because it is well-studied. Even in Israel a few learned academics will tell you a whole bunch of different people wrote the Torah. They did not exist a few thousand years ago. Long after we began farming.

I also believe that your friend cured your son. You say chanting verses, but I say his spirit and intention did it. If you find one of the nasty people in sinkieland to chant those exact same verses do you think your son will be cured? I personally think unlikely. This is a simple scenario/experiment. Either your friend healed your son or the verses did. If the verses did, anybody you find off the street could do it. But I still believe your friend did it probably because he is a good person with good intentions. It won't matter which religion or which scripture he follows. I don't know if you care, but I have met enough people from different beliefs who have done or received the same to believe that is people and their soul who make the difference. not reading or reciting stuff.

And now back to my original caution : if you tell certain Middle Easterners who are Muslim your story, they will brand you a disbeliever and the chances of harm coming to you increase. You sound like a nice person. I do not wish them to cause you harm. That is why I brought it up.

My best wishes. :smile:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup! Hes a good man. Help dengan ihklas. Not even a single cent he will take cos he told us hes employed even though as a despatch rider. If i tell u the wonders he did, u sure think i BS. Even he himself confessed power lies with the Almighty. HIS words itself is miracle.:thumbsup:
and I tell you I have met people like this no matter what their religious beliefs are and I've studied them as best as I can. There is only 1 thing in common. They are good people with good souls.

Just FYI, I've met people who believe in nothing, but can still do the same. The only thing they had was a genuine human or spiritual love and kindness for the suffering person.

Another FYI. Since I've seen people do this, I've done my best to be like people like your friend, but I am not there yet. One day I hope to be as good as him. :smile:

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal
and I tell you I have met people like this no matter what their religious beliefs are and I've studied them as best as I can. There is only 1 thing in common. They are good people with good souls.

Just FYI, I've met people who believe in nothing, but can still do the same. The only thing they had was a genuine human or spiritual love and kindness for the suffering person.

Another FYI. Since I've seen people do this, I've done my best to be like people like your friend, but I am not there yet. One day I hope to be as good as him. :smile:

IMG_20190822_205331.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
What you describe by your friend doing for your son, I do know for a fact that a good number of Middle Easterns will cal it Sihr and go after who did it, who received it and whoever was involved in it. That is what their reading of the scripture informs them to do. I don't agree with it or endorse, but I am just reporting what I have seen.

I said before, Malays were Malays long before Islam came to South East Asia. Seeing Malay history and seeing Middle Eastern history, I am struck by how different the peoples are. The only thing even vaguely similar is skin colour. I believe that Malays in the past and even in the present were very accepting people used to living with each other and lived with each other peacefully with nature gotong-royong. You want I can write an essay on this alone. Long before Islam, Malays were Malays 1st and foremost. Do you accept that all your ancestors before a certain time ended up in hell because they never worshipped a religion and scripture? You can easily argue the same with Christians. I find this disgusting. Your ancestors are why you are here writing to me today. If one day your descendants discover a new religion and new scripture, will they consign you as a non-believer that goes to hell?

The Middle Easterners are the exact opposite. Before I continue, I am going to say ME is a very diverse place itself, so will have many different versions, but the following stereotype is still true. Always warring and fighting and using each other. Still the same today. You see Malays, Indonesians and filipinos non-stop creating division and fighting amongst themselves? No. Always family first. Even now I still see young Malays got spirit of kejiranan. I am Chinese as is my family, yet when I am with Malay people, I see many Malays treat my children like their own relatives. Good luck getting that from Chinese. I firmly believe that Chinese are enriched by mixing with Malays and Indians and am grateful I grew up with everyone.

The core of the knowledge I wish to share with you is this : Islam is derived from Judaism. They are inseparable and Christianity and Islam would not exist without Judaism. Before the Jewish one god, there were many Jewish gods depending on place. I also know that Judaism and monotheism (one-god) was a creation of a militaristic drive to unite people to achieve dominance among warring tribes. I will also share with you this : the only difference between a cult and a religion is whether the number of believers are in the majority or the minority of the population. So Judaism began as a cult. One that supposedly the Pharoah of Egypt tried to eradicate unsuccessfully.

I do not know and am not willing to prove the existence of god yes or no, but I am certain of the history and genesis of Abrahamic religions because it is well-studied. Even in Israel a few learned academics will tell you a whole bunch of different people wrote the Torah. They did not exist a few thousand years ago. Long after we began farming.

I also believe that your friend cured your son. You say chanting verses, but I say his spirit and intention did it. If you find one of the nasty people in sinkieland to chant those exact same verses do you think your son will be cured? I personally think unlikely. This is a simple scenario/experiment. Either your friend healed your son or the verses did. If the verses did, anybody you find off the street could do it. But I still believe your friend did it probably because he is a good person with good intentions. It won't matter which religion or which scripture he follows. I don't know if you care, but I have met enough people from different beliefs who have done or received the same to believe that is people and their soul who make the difference. not reading or reciting stuff.

And now back to my original caution : if you tell certain Middle Easterners who are Muslim your story, they will brand you a disbeliever and the chances of harm coming to you increase. You sound like a nice person. I do not wish them to cause you harm. That is why I brought it up.

Thank you for sharing and for the education:thumbsup:. I learned something new today.:biggrin:

I've said it before and I'll say it again : time and space are not the great divide. It is politics and religion, both man-made nonsense. Strip those away and we are just one human race, living life in peace, a brotherhood of man sharing all the world (yes I am quoting from the great poet). The good will still be good because they want to be good. Ditto the bad ones.

The critics and cynics will say I am a dreamer, but I am glad I am not the only one (quoting again).:biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not just ME. Even in India, Pakistan, Indon...anywhere,... there will people who practise sihr. Can be fm "Muslims" or any other faith. Tio boh?

Yes. I believe u. U could write a thesis on subject of "Malays" alone. :thumbsup:

Long before the advent Islam, Malays also macam pagan. Alot of superstitions. Even present Indon also worship and pay homage to sea god and yet they identify themselves as "muslims". So Islam brought them from darkness to light. Do away with alot of superstitious stuff like offering dead animals to Jinn. But, of course, the bomoh or sorcerer consider tat "holy". So the followers also kana brainwashed. Now, whether they go to hell or otherwise, it depends. To ur question on ancesters. Those who do not know about Islam, how could they possibly be put to hell when they were not given the holy message or warning from Allah? But there were 313 prophets/messengers sent down all this while..including prophet Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. Some even said Buddha also one of the prophet...God know best. Honestly the Malays now are even nicer than the old Malays. But of course u may argue those days Malays semua boleh. Main judi, minum arak. But alhamdullillah...Malays now have awaken. Be good Malay/Muslims bestest.

I dont travel extensively like u. Good tat u have knowledge on ME. Yes, their culture is different from the Malays. Those days the Arabs used to bury their daughters. They prefer sons. Terrible lot. Could be one of the reasons why Quran were sent down to ME, imo. If u read the Quran and the Hadiths...tons and tons of the saying of the prophet on how take care of ur family namely parents, wife, children. U dont see such teaching in other scriptures.

Actually Islam already in existence long long time ago. Not just 1400 years ago. Islam mean Peace and total submission to God. Islam is not a cult. We dont slaughter animals and offer it to God, God forbid. We dont worship animals, human, saints, objects, God forbid!

Be it Torah or Quran, it had to be written down. Else how is the message going to be put across to the masses? Next we need to go find out whether those verses were authentic and whos the one relaying God messages....

Haaaa...i know u sure say this. Nope! No such thing as spirit in my friend body. If any Muslims believe in such...i am afraid dia dah sesat! Those tat possess ur body are jinn. Those days very common in kampong. They will possess the bomoh, give him the power to heal the sick. But tak kekal lah. The magic portion will go off weeks later. But with the blessing of the Quran ur sickness will be cured. Been proven many many times. Tink u salah campur. Mix with the right kind of Malay/Muslims then u will understand. I bet u go ask some muslims, they will still tell u Jinn islam is ok. But not to me ya.

Thank u for ur concern. Normally such stories i dont go share with any ahmad, ali or aisha. If we help end result positive we just recd thanks. But kalau tak jadi, kana criticise. So just be humble and play ignorant.

Wanna watch my "Unholy Alliance" at channelU. Tom tbk...:smile:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are being shifty. Refuse to answer whether you accept or reject Jesus.

Can you tell me what is so appealing about your heaven? Why do you assume everyone wants to go there?

Given a choice , honestly i would reject jesus and choose hell. I like hot places!

Does that answer your question?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can you tell me what is so appealing about your heaven? Why do you assume everyone wants to go there?

Given a choice , honestly i would reject jesus and choose hell. I like hot places!

Does that answer your question?

Heaven is better than hell. Don't expect me to dip my finger into cold water help you quench your thirst when you are in hell. At least you don't give shifty answers.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You are being shifty. Refuse to answer whether you accept or reject Jesus.
Of course I accept Jesus. He was one of the greatest teachers humanity has ever had. He brought us the message of love and forgiveness. And the teachings of the Buddha, to have regard for all life. They teach us to live our lives honorably, responsibly and respectfully.

As to who/what is God, I am still trying to figure out. Trying to learn. But Gandhi had this to say :
https://www.mkgandhi.org/god/pathwaytoGod/01god.html

All worship the same Spirit but as all forms do not agree with all, all names do not appeal to all. Each chooses the name according to his associations and He being the In-dweller, All-powerful and Omniscient, knows our innermost feelings and responds to us according to our hearts.

Man's Conception Of God Is Limited By His Mind
Man can only conceive God within the limitations of his own mind. What matters then whether one man worships God as Person and another as Force? Both do right according to their lights. None knows and perhaps never will know what is the absolutely proper way to pray. One need only remember that God is the Force among all the Forces. All other Forces are material. But God is the Vital Force or Spirit which is all-pervading, all-embracing and therefore beyond human ken

Open-minded-people-do-not-impose-their-beliefs-on-others.-They-just-accept-all-of-lifes-perspectives-and-realities-doing-their-own-thing-in-...-Steven-Aitchison.jpg

And lastly, :FU: I am not shifty. You are:biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course I accept Jesus. He was one of the greatest teachers humanity has ever had. He brought us the message of love and forgiveness. And the teachings of the Buddha, to have regard for all life. They teach us to live our lives honorably, responsibly and respectfully.

Jesus came to die for our sins, so that we can be made right with God. If you reject this, you reject Jesus. Period.

If you see Jesus merely as a teacher of how to do good, there's a long list of other people who also preach the same. I also preach the same through my volunteer work with the grassroots and in church.

Then please answer my question

Can you tell me what is so appealing about your heaven?

Better than hell is so vague!

My heaven is appealing because I would be with Jesus and with God. I wouldn't want to be in a place where there is no chance of me standing right before God again. Perhaps you prefer a heaven like Valhalla or islamic paradise, where you can eat, drink and fornicate all day long. As much as I enjoy all these in this life, there is more to life than just physical pleasures.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Jesus came to die for our sins, so that we can be made right with God. If you reject this, you reject Jesus. Period.

If you see Jesus merely as a teacher of how to do good, there's a long list of other people who also preach the same. I also preach the same through my volunteer work with the grassroots and in church.

My heaven is appealing because I would be with Jesus and with God. I wouldn't want to be in a place where there is no chance of me standing right before God again. Perhaps you prefer a heaven like Valhalla or islamic paradise, where you can eat, drink and fornicate all day long. As much as I enjoy all these in this life, there is more to life than just physical pleasures.
I accept your views. The soul of a closed mind but a good heart should be fine.:biggrin: Yes, there's a long list of other people who also preach the same. So what makes Jesus special?

Now that I have answered you, answer me this : What if a person never had the opportunity to know God though Jesus? Where is this person going to end up at?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for sharing and for the education:thumbsup:. I learned something new today.:biggrin:

I've said it before and I'll say it again : time and space are not the great divide. It is politics and religion, both man-made nonsense. Strip those away and we are just one human race, living life in peace, a brotherhood of man sharing all the world (yes I am quoting from the great poet). The good will still be good because they want to be good. Ditto the bad ones.

The critics and cynics will say I am a dreamer, but I am glad I am not the only one (quoting again).:biggrin:

I don't know if or how I helped but if I did I'm glad. As far as I have dug, politics and religion are the SAME THING! Ok to be more accurate, the spread of Abrahamic religions happened as an emotional vessel for political motives. They were designed to politically unite and motivate a group of people for a common cause. makes me sick to be honest how many people have killed and died in the name of religion.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not just ME. Even in India, Pakistan, Indon...anywhere,... there will people who practise sihr. Can be fm "Muslims" or any other faith. Tio boh?

honestly. I personally don't believe whatever anyone is doing constitutes sihr. As far as I know and feel, everyone just doing their own thing. If you refer to bomohs and whatnot then yes, it could be anyone, but still I feel they are practising whatever their ancestors have passed down. To me it's just a cultural curiosity not sihr.

Yes. I believe u. U could write a thesis on subject of "Malays" alone. :thumbsup:

because I am disappointed with people passing judgment on both sides with racial arguments. I don't believe in racism. actually to be more accurate, I believe we are improved because of mixing between Malays, Indians and Chinese.

Long before the advent Islam, Malays also macam pagan. Alot of superstitions. Even present Indon also worship and pay homage to sea god and yet they identify themselves as "muslims". So Islam brought them from darkness to light. Do away with alot of superstitious stuff like offering dead animals to Jinn. But, of course, the bomoh or sorcerer consider tat "holy". So the followers also kana brainwashed. Now, whether they go to hell or otherwise, it depends. To ur question on ancesters. Those who do not know about Islam, how could they possibly be put to hell when they were not given the holy message or warning from Allah? But there were 313 prophets/messengers sent down all this while..including prophet Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. Some even said Buddha also one of the prophet...God know best. Honestly the Malays now are even nicer than the old Malays. But of course u may argue those days Malays semua boleh. Main judi, minum arak. But alhamdullillah...Malays now have awaken. Be good Malay/Muslims bestest.

I offer this as an observation and speculation. Please take it without offense if it causes such. I will argue that as a race, they were semua boleh. For some reason, Malaysia seems a lot "cleaner" than Indonesia. main judi and minum arak are not crimes to me. if main judi dengan guli what's the harm? minum arak bergurau senda dengan kawan also what's the problem? If main judi then setelah kalah hantam/pukul then we have problem no? You can be good Malay and judi/arak or not, but you can be bad Malay even if you tak judi/arak.

And yes, I have seen religious people of all stripes being worst hypocrite. And no, I don't see Malays being better because of religion. More rule-following for sure, but better or worse I really don't see benefit. If I may share my experience, when I talk to a Turkish Muslim, or an Iraqi, it is very, very different how they talk about Islam. Malays when I talk to them I feel they are describing themselves but just calling it Islam. Similar to ME people. They are really describing themselves, but all say Islam. My stomach doesn't feel well whenever someone says we believe in same religion, we are all the same. No, that is not true.

This problem is also exactly the same as with Chinese people overseas and China. Share same language and looks think same people. The truth is very different.

I dont travel extensively like u. Good tat u have knowledge on ME. Yes, their culture is different from the Malays. Those days the Arabs used to bury their daughters. They prefer sons. Terrible lot.
this shit sama sama all over the world. Indians and Chinese too. pui!

Could be one of the reasons why Quran were sent down to ME, imo. If u read the Quran and the Hadiths...tons and tons of the saying of the prophet on how take care of ur family namely parents, wife, children. U dont see such teaching in other scriptures.
I stand firmly on my ground that Malays didn't need to be taught this. As a whole, they generally did that without needing anyone telling them. Of course you got a few troublemakers in any race, but what was remarkable was it seems to be in the blood or culture of Malays to take care of everyone like their relative. Even they take care of me. So why so much instruction? Because of Middle Eastern influence. Terrible lot as you say. They needed it. Malays are literally a world apart from Middle Easterners.

Actually Islam already in existence long long time ago. Not just 1400 years ago. Islam mean Peace and total submission to God. Islam is not a cult. We dont slaughter animals and offer it to God, God forbid. We dont worship animals, human, saints, objects, God forbid!

Be it Torah or Quran, it had to be written down. Else how is the message going to be put across to the masses? Next we need to go find out whether those verses were authentic and whos the one relaying God messages....

This one above I leave for you, because it is entirely up to you, but honestly, I spent some time learning about Judaism because in my university more than 50% Jewish so I had a chance to talk to many of them. A lot of very, very different views. After going through all of those views, I did my own studies and the only conclusion I can draw is that it the original faith was designed as a political tool to unite the tribes for survival against other tribes. This is based on what their scholars dug up about their own history. Whatever was written was good for the tribe, and generally quite good guidelines, but bad for anybody outside tribe. If you study early versions of most religions, you will find it is easy for them to kill other people who don't follow same religion. If you have time, you may want to spend a bit of time seeing how they came up with it. I think it's relevant because without them, both Christianity and Islam will not exist. I also think that religion confuses the issue and the identity. Too many people have died for political reasons because religion was used to justify political reasons. That is the reason why they came up with it in the 1st place.

Haaaa...i know u sure say this. Nope! No such thing as spirit in my friend body. If any Muslims believe in such...i am afraid dia dah sesat! Those tat possess ur body are jinn. Those days very common in kampong. They will possess the bomoh, give him the power to heal the sick. But tak kekal lah. The magic portion will go off weeks later. But with the blessing of the Quran ur sickness will be cured. Been proven many many times. Tink u salah campur. Mix with the right kind of Malay/Muslims then u will understand. I bet u go ask some muslims, they will still tell u Jinn islam is ok. But not to me ya.

no lah! you misunderstand me. geram sekarang! :mad: just joking la... :laugh:

I don't mean possession! what I mean is everything has an innate soul even a rock and a tree. if you look into a kucing it has a kucing spirit -- it's own soul. if turtle have its own soul. everything including you and me. you have yours and I have mine. if something dies, it's soul leaves and it's just a piece of meat left behind. I will easily tell you a dead person and an asleep person have a very different feel. That's because their soul is still with them when alive. so what I am saying is that your fren the despatch rider has a very good soul -- his own sendiri punya. that is uniquely him. you cannot replicate it no matter how you try. even two people look alike can be very different souls. In my circle of acquaintances, I have someone who looks exactly like me, but one day my friend decided to show me something. He picked up his 1 year old son and put him in my hands. The child said nothing and held on to me for a few minutes where my friend took his son back. He later told me that when he did the same to my lookalike, his son screamed his head off. We all knew my lookalike not such a good person. As with your fren the despatch rider, I believe everyone who is with him will feel comfortable, happy and relaxed. I have never met him, but is my guess correct? That is his good soul. Even if you beat him, he will still be that soul. That is unique and special and if you have a friend like that you are a lucky man. To me there is only the soul. Because your friend is a good man with a good soul and he has good intentions, that is enough. I don't believe in magic in any form, only the "magic" that is born within each of us. So bukan saya campur. All else is irrelevant to me including bomoh and I cannot see any effect except from the natural born soul within each of us. I think our perception on this is different. You see either this way or that way. I see have something or have nothing. Bomoh I see I start laughing because it is a have not. tak ada magic la tu. Whereas you see either religion or bomoh. To me both have not. Very empty. Only the people carry the "magic" within themselves. good or bad. If your fren it is definitely a have. Even with you. ada. I'm sure you have drawn your conclusions on me and others in this forum! :roflmao: It is the believers who have something. geddit?

To me all the "magic" is within ourselves. Yes you too and your fren the rider too. Sometimes that person is bad inside then jaga lah.

Thank u for ur concern. Normally such stories i dont go share with any ahmad, ali or aisha. If we help end result positive we just recd thanks. But kalau tak jadi, kana criticise. So just be humble and play ignorant.

good enuf for me. some of the people I have met have scared me with their beliefs. :smile:

Wanna watch my "Unholy Alliance" at channelU. Tom tbk...:smile:

apa tu? i don't watch videos from anywhere as a rule unless 2 minutes or shorter.

Last edited: