• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Will you go to hell after death? Some believe they will

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 in 10 Singaporeans believe they are going to hell after death: survey

Staff Writer, Singapore

Yahoo News Singapore19 August 2019, 5:38 pm GMT+8
fb0b3f80-c263-11e9-b6fe-ac8b92083a67

(PHOTO: Haw Par Villa and Ten Courts of Hell, Singapore/Getty Images)

SINGAPORE — What happens when we die? According to 10 per cent of Singaporeans surveyed by UK-based YouGov, they believe that they will go to hell.

More than half (56 per cent) of them believe in some form of life after death, while almost a fifth don’t believe so (18 per cent), and the remaining quarter (26 per cent) are not sure.

Close to a third believe in heaven or hell after death, followed by reincarnations (15 per cent) and spirits (6 per cent).

About 32 per cent of Singaporeans fear death, while 37 per cent have no fear and 31 per cent are neutral about it.

Older Singaporeans (aged 55 and above) are less likely to fear death, with about half (51 per cent) of them saying they do not fear it, compared with a quarter (26 per cent) among millennials (aged 18 to 34).
The survey, which polled 1,106 Singaporeans, indicated that the respondents wish to live to 84 years old on average.

When asked how they would feel if they were to die tomorrow, 40 per cent of them said they would die happy. Over a third (36 per cent) said they would die unhappy while almost a quarter (23 per cent) are undecided.

While 27 per cent would like to live forever, the majority, or 57 per cent, would not.
Almost four in ten (38 per cent) of young Singaporeans (aged 18 to 24) want to be immortal. In contrast, only two in 10 (19 per cent) older Singaporeans (aged 55 and above) want to live forever.

Jake Gammon, Head of Omnibus APAC at YouGov Omnibus, said, “One of life’s greatest mysteries is what happens after you die, and for most Singaporeans there is a life after death. What’s interesting is how one’s perceptions on life and death change over time.”

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Dumb sinkies. If only they knew the words of truth written by a famous and much-loved poet.:thumbsup::biggrin:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumb sinkies. If only they knew the words of truth written by a famous and much-loved poet.:thumbsup::biggrin:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Who is this poet and what did he call this poem? :o-o:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't really recall his name. But I understand he was with three other chaps who were poets too.:biggrin:
i guess it must have been some time ago.... don't really recall anyone like that.

But I would caution this guy if I met him. If he is famous and well-known, some religious fanatic is bound to go and get upset with what he wrote and shoot him. :cry:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
i guess it must have been some time ago.... don't really recall anyone like that.

But I would caution this guy if I met him. If he is famous and well-known, some religious fanatic is bound to go and get upset with what he wrote and shoot him. :cry:
Oh dear, that would be bad. I hope he has enough bodyguards then. So many siow nang with guns these days!:biggrin:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You can upload the ebooks to that thread lah. I found those two after searching the internet, the rest I could not find.:biggrin:

I already uploaded many times liao (link kept expiring).

I want you guys to pay-it-forward.

After NightSafari upload or email you and AhMeng and Sweetiepie, please upload or email the 'Books on Reincarnation' collection set (eg. as a zip file) to others too, that's the only realistically sustainable way! As they say in HWZ EDMW, "SIC"!!! :devilish::cool:

Edited to add :
Do you guys think Boss Sam will agree to have us upload the zip file to his website (the forum doesn't allow large attachments, the 'Books on Reincarnation' is a 647MB zip file) as a permanent link for easy download? Can someone ask Boss Sam?

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I already uploaded many times liao (link kept expiring).

I want you guys to pay-it-forward.

After NightSafari upload or email you and AhMeng and Sweetiepie, please upload or email the 'Books on Reincarnation' collection set (eg. as a zip file) to others too, that's the only realistically sustainable way! As they say in HWZ EDMW, "SIC"!!! :devilish::cool:
Upload the actual ebooks, not the links to them. So all can share here. Like what I have done.:biggrin: