• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you change job for $500 more ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i am you, i will not change for $500. it's more important establishing your own network in your current job. build good working relationship is more important than the mere $500 increase in your salary. last time, when i was in 30, i was offered $1k more and i jump ship, bad mistake i made...though with my outgoing character, i was still in touch with a director from my previous job, he was my job referee then. nowadays, i will meet him for lunch and so on.

Thanks nutbush, I'm staying put :smile:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moving on to a new company will require you at least 6 months to a year to get comfortable, feel your way around the office politics etc. All this for just $500 extra per month ?

I say stick to your current job.

How is $500 going to make a difference in your life ?

If you are already comfortable in your current job and I assume it has relatively short working hours ..... I suggest you use your free time after work to embark on a business or some kind of venture where it can spring board you to something more lucrative.

If you are in IT, then write some apps. Doing this has a much higher upside then depending on a salary.

Thanks for your feedback. Yes I am staying put , like what u said, $500 after deduct to cpf left $400, not that attractive afterall.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dammned, did you show them the offer letter with the current company? Sometimes its worth it to see how much the company value you.

Hi. I did not managed to get any inside info..after thinking over the probability of walking into a hell hole, I called HR and said thanks for the offer and asked her to thank my interviewer. I was thinking along the line that I have worked here for 11 mths, soon there will be salary review, so I decided to chicken out .If I had intention for career growth, I will move on as my current job does not provide this opportunity as far as I know for now. Since my stay will not be too long, probably 5 yrs or so, hopefully I can strike big 4D soon.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Dammned, did you show them the offer letter with the current company? Sometimes its worth it to see how much the company value you.

It's a dangerous game. The company may be wishing he'd quit so they can save some money.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

of course not..i think it is not good to let a co. know about it, unless you are mentally to prepare to leave a job anytime, else just continue to pretend to like the co. a lot a lot :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the point! If the company doesn't even value you, why bother staying? You'll just be miserable in the long run.

It's a dangerous game. The company may be wishing he'd quit so they can save some money.

of course not..i think it is not good to let a co. know about it, unless you are mentally to prepare to leave a job anytime, else just continue to pretend to like the co. a lot a lot :smile:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
They like to throw in fanciful job and functional titles and 13th mth wages is usually paid out every mth to make it look bigger.

aws take every month better.you dont want to work untill the 10th month and resign..they will find all excuse to makan away your pro rated aws.then you lan lan ..
nowaday..appointment letter will tell you aws is subjected to company profitability , is not a confirm