• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you change job for $500 more ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you have been working in a job for 1 year pay is $3500, not so siong also not relax type, people ok ok, boss ok ok, will you take the risk to take up another job that offers $4k per mth, but you are not sure how the jobs and people gonna be like ?
Can forget about career prospects etc, cos I am just there to earn enough $ and fuck off in near future.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If possible find out more about the prospective company before jumping ship.

That's why it is useful to have a network of kakis. From observing my foreign colleagues they share among their network.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If possible find out more about the prospective company before jumping ship.

That's why it is useful to have a network of kakis. From observing my foreign colleagues they share among their network.

That is the prob lor. Don't have any clue about the new company at all .

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Depending on age also, if younger than 30, can still take risk. Above 50, forget it.

OK, you are saying if below 30 or early 30s can jump and if don't like new job , can still look for other jobs again.
What about age 40-45 type ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If 40-45 is the end, then what for we study so hard just to work 20 yrs in our life ?

If you plan your life well (not necessarily financially), your quality of life will persist well into your 40s and beyond.

Too many Sinkies get all caught up in the rat race, thinking that's all there is to life.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you have been working in a job for 1 year pay is $3500, not so siong also not relax type, people ok ok, boss ok ok, will you take the risk to take up another job that offers $4k per mth, but you are not sure how the jobs and people gonna be like ?
Can forget about career prospects etc, cos I am just there to earn enough $ and fuck off in near future.

Read u own line. So just change because u just want earn more money and FUCK OFF.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read u own line. So just change because u just want earn more money and FUCK OFF.

I ask for views is becos I am worried if change liao too stress type cannot stay ma. If too stress for fuckup job I would quit within days or weeks. It happened before.

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

in the first place, you might want to ask yourself this qns:
what are you going to do with the extra $500?
invest, gamble,save, give parent
?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the first place, you might want to ask yourself this qns:
what are you going to do with the extra $500?
invest, gamble,save, give parent
?

any extra money now is to save. Quitting gambling for good . My new yr resolution :smile:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal

In some industry, they will change job even for just S$10/= more! Hotels and F&B line!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why not. You may want to discuss with wifey on this change too.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
cos I am just there to earn enough $ and fuck off in near future.

If you think you have the ability to "fuck off" whenever you please I don't see what you have to worry about. You get $500 more per month which is $6000 more per year. If you're not happy you can just "fuck off" after a year with money in the bank to a job which pays even more.