• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will my kids be able to afford housing?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for sinkie kids, housing via hdb will be reasonably affordable compared to kids in hk, tw, jp, sk, cn, canada, arsetralia, u.s., uk. sinkie kids should consider themselves lucky and count their blessings. in sillycon valley, a kid making us$169k per year will not be able to buy a home.....today. median home price is us$1.1m. at least us$500k cash as downpayment is required to be on the shortlist of any bids, and more than 69% of homes are sold with over us$1m cash down.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
He better go find Christina Ong or her daughter.

OBS got his first pot of gold after marrying Christina and getting founding father's sister-in-law to help him secure that plot of land for Four Seasons.

I am nothing, so even if my kids know the founding father's great grand-daughter also no use.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keep on voting for the Pappy and we will soon see 2 generations mortgage-your kids take the mortgage and your grand child will have to take over midway after your kids retire.
Already seen some already where sinkies got retrenched and luckily kids already working and can pay for the HL instalments.

In recent years, they are selling us smaller HDB for the same price.
The next likely move will likely see HDB offerring more HDB on 60-years lease.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
50yrs is nothing. Some of my office colleagues way above 60yrs of age. One of them already 74 yrs old! Gonna work till she drop dead.

I believe she is doing this for her kids.

Otherwise, her PRC or Pinoy lover will benefit from her estate after she drops dead.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever buy fruits from the fruit sellers?....you ask, are the "mangoes" sweet?...they will tell you, these "mangoes" from the slope in India where rain falls are good...they are sweet. When you ask your friend working in the banks?? you think they are truthful?...ask, is your loan recovery department work OT also?

It's true brother. My friends are not property agents. They are the loan department operation staff and bank RM.

Private home prices up 0.7% in Q3
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-7-in-q3-first-rise-in-nearly-4-years-9348944

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the rate buildings are build faster than a plant grow into a tree there will be many empty units to live in for free. Just help pay the services fees.

Of course, if you are refering to buying properties for rental income, the yield is almost zero.

Gross rental yield is 2-2.5%
Deduct for monthly maintenance fees, property tax, some wear & tear.

Yes, we are just helping the MSCT to pay the fees.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I have encouraged my kids, as well as all the youngsters and overseas uni studying kids of friends and relatives to think seriously about not settling down in sinkieland. To consider settle up homes eventually in the country they are studying in. There is nothing for them in sinkieland. Being a singaporean isn't what it used to be, thus giving it up is not a big deal.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only is it going to be damn hard for your kids to afford housing in future, it's going to be damn hard for your kids to be gainfully employed too. You should have got a vasectomy which is so much cheaper.

I read about the obsoletion of jobs in Industrie 4.0.
So my kids should hire some robots to make money for them.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
My kids can certainly afford public housing. I stay in a nice landed and own public housing at the same time. Subsidized HDB flat is every sinkie's birthright. Don't let the oppies take that away from you.

How many kids do you have? Why don't buy another 1-2 landed for them, given your regular stream of income as a vendor for grassloots.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have encouraged my kids, as well as all the youngsters and overseas uni studying kids of friends and relatives to think seriously about not settling down in sinkieland. To consider settle up homes eventually in the country they are studying in. There is nothing for them in sinkieland. Being a singaporean isn't what it used to be, thus giving it up is not a big deal.

I am fine with they leave Singapore. It need not be US, Aust or NZ, eg. if Johor cedes from Malaysia and welcomes citizenship application, I will apply.

In Perth, I know countless stories of sg-born teenagers visiting JB to meet their sg grandparents.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am fine with they leave Singapore. It need not be US, Aust or NZ, eg. if Johor cedes from Malaysia and welcomes citizenship application, I will apply.

In Perth, I know countless stories of sg-born teenagers visiting JB to meet their sg grandparents.
Here's a thought. Johor should merge with sinkieland instead. Imagine the possibilities and the opportunities.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the rate buildings are build faster than a plant grow into a tree there will be many empty units to live in for free. Just help pay the services fees.

With Depopulation kick in already expect turn residential buildings into vertical farming.

definitely no depopulation... it's 10million in the making... u think these developers are stupid? they have insider info

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Muslims will be the majority and we will have reserve EP for Chinese.
Cool!

No lah, chinese/indians/others still majority.

Johor total pop : 3.6m (2.4m muslims, 1.2 non-muslims)
Sinkie total pop : 5.6m (0.7m muslims, 4.9 non-muslims)

Hence we will having a larger pool of blue collar workers due to the increase in muslim population. Land prices will drop, more land for housing and factories, larger area for sinkies to spread out, go hunt wildboars, crystal clear waters to go fishing and diving, etc. Johor king can take Pinky as his bitch,

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, chinese/indians/others still majority.

Johor total pop : 3.6m (2.4m muslims, 1.2 non-muslims)
Sinkie total pop : 5.6m (0.7m muslims, 4.9 non-muslims)

Hence we will having a larger pool of blue collar workers due to the increase in muslim population. Land prices will drop, more land for housing and factories, larger area for sinkies to spread out, go hunt wildboars, crystal clear waters to go fishing and diving, etc. Johor king can take Pinky as his bitch,

We can get Johor to secede and join the Federation of Temasek by offering to convert all Ringgit to Singapore at the attractive offer of RM1 = S$1.

Johor Sultan wun resist this offer.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
We can get Johor to secede and join the Federation of Temasek by offering to convert all Ringgit to Singapore at the attractive offer of RM1 = S$1.

Johor Sultan wun resist this offer.
RM1 to SGD1 is reasonable. Considering we will get all that new land, and PInky will get arse fucked by our esteemed Sultan on a daily basis.