• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will my kids be able to afford housing?

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talked to some bank friends lately. Property market booming with (almost) daily news of developers taking up en-bloc land parcels Home-loan market saw a strong recovery since June; UOB and DBS home-loan departments are OT like mad now. Private properties clocking higher and higher prices now and I quote "the recovery is like vertical".

Is a giant bubble being formed again? and will my kids be able to afford a decent housing?

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are your kids 'arts' students?

Yes sir, one of them into this

ghost-movie-01-435.jpg

ynk2252

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talked to some bank friends lately. Property market booming with (almost) daily news of developers taking up en-bloc land parcels Home-loan market saw a strong recovery since June; UOB and DBS home-loan departments are OT like mad now. Private properties clocking higher and higher prices now and I quote "the recovery is like vertical".

Who are you quoting? Your area postman?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is a giant bubble being formed again? and will my kids be able to afford a decent housing?

How to crash when MIW soverign fund is holding our money.:rolleyes:

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to crash when MIW soverign fund is holding our money.:rolleyes:

The enbloc wave is generating a huge wave of displaced home-owners into residential market. We are experience a gap-up now.

Are our children going to work 30 to 50 years to pay off their HDB loan?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Keep on voting for the Pappy and we will soon see 2 generations mortgage-your kids take the mortgage and your grand child will have to take over midway after your kids retire.
Already seen some already where sinkies got retrenched and luckily kids already working and can pay for the HL instalments.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have you ever buy fruits from the fruit sellers?....you ask, are the "mangoes" sweet?...they will tell you, these "mangoes" from the slope in India where rain falls are good...they are sweet. When you ask your friend working in the banks?? you think they are truthful?...ask, is your loan recovery department work OT also?

Your kids will be able to afford housing, just continue to vote for PAP, they are the best....you forgot that advertisement of theirs?..."you earn $800" can afford a HDB flat...what more you want to ask?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the rate buildings are build faster than a plant grow into a tree there will be many empty units to live in for free. Just help pay the services fees.

With Depopulation kick in already expect turn residential buildings into vertical farming.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
look at the property stretch along Tanjong Rhu... whoa... Hokkien call it Bee Tang!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The enbloc wave is generating a huge wave of displaced home-owners into residential market. We are experience a gap-up now.

Are our children going to work 30 to 50 years to pay off their HDB loan?

50yrs is nothing. Some of my office colleagues way above 60yrs of age. One of them already 74 yrs old! Gonna work till she drop dead.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only is it going to be damn hard for your kids to afford housing in future, it's going to be damn hard for your kids to be gainfully employed too. You should have got a vasectomy which is so much cheaper.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My kids can certainly afford public housing. I stay in a nice landed and own public housing at the same time. Subsidized HDB flat is every sinkie's birthright. Don't let the oppies take that away from you.