• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Would Anyone Buy French Cars or Products? Stupid?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My best car was the Ford Mondeo with a freaking 5-year warranty with 2 years of free servicing from mid-2000s ! You can't find anything like that now.
Thirsty as fuck but then offset by the warranty, and the handling was to die for.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
My best car was the Ford Mondeo with a freaking 5-year warranty with 2 years of free servicing from mid-2000s ! You can't find anything like that now.
Thirsty as fuck but then offset by the warranty, and the handling was to die for.
That's because Ford and GM cars are designed in Germany. Only rhd cars are manufactured in the UK.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll never put my money on anything mechanical originating from latin Europe.

However the Latin Europe brands dominate the luxury industry.

Some French tech companies (esp pharma, biotech and food processing) have been world leaders for a while

Hanslesley73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please buy french cars. Please.
Only buy French cars when you have a LOT of money to afford a trophy, high maintenance, uncommonly known cars. High maintenance mainly bcoz it will be quite inconvenient to service/maintain the cars due to inaccessibility in their international service centres.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only buy French cars when you have a LOT of money to afford a trophy, high maintenance, uncommonly known cars. High maintenance mainly bcoz it will be quite inconvenient to service/maintain the cars due to inaccessibility in their international service centres.
Then please go ahead and buy french products. They are known to be overrated and expensive while not giving much in quality. How dumb can you get?

I welcome you to act against your own interest and to your own detriment and buy french.

Hanslesley73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then please go ahead and buy french products. They are known to be overrated and expensive while not giving much in quality. How dumb can you get?

I welcome you to act against your own interest and to your own detriment and buy french.
You cannot force your personal perception/mindset on others. Learn to respect other people's freedom of choice(eg.in religion, buying things, etc). I choose to support French products now, especially their President Butter bcoz it tastes Yummy. Also bcoz I am on Macron's side, I do not support a group of ppl who thinks it is ok to behead others. Peace.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mmm ….. looks like opinions are quite divided

Only way is find out for myself by driving a French rental car when in France …… when this covid nonsense is no more …...

Test if the Peugeot 308 can really go above 200 km/h …...

…… and enjoy the beautiful scenery …….

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

French had achieved many things too , do not forget that

let’s talk about cars

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microjoule_(vehicle)

Microjoule is a team that builds experimental fuel-efficient vehicles. It is composed of students and advisors at Lycée La Joliverie in St Sébastien sur Loire, France. The team has broken the world record for most efficient gasoline-powered vehicle three times: 1999: 9,845 miles per gallon. Wikipedia

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here are 10 French Innovations that have Changed the World:
  • The Parachute. The modern parachute was invented in the late 18th century by Louis-Sébastien Lenormand. ...
  • The Word Entrepreneur. ...
  • The Stethoscope. ...
  • The Photograph. ...
  • Asprin. ...
  • Pasteurization. ...
  • Cinema. ...

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is the problem of sinkies seeing the world through sinkie and PAP lens, the sinkie view is gold standard. French cars are shits with low or no resale value, whereas German and Jap cars are high resale value whih deserves a premium. You go tell ang moh that a 5 room HDB next to MRT and Market with 90 yrs lease left is worthy of investment than a 60 yr old walk up flat in oxley road.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
While those served in saf are peacetime but saf brought AMX13 because the Jews recommended to SAF as it cheap and go enough for the region.

stinky got no brains

copy paste

whatever their jew masters told,

they obey and copy-paste

subhumans

slanties

no brains no originality no creativity no inventiveness no talent

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stinky got no brains

copy paste

whatever their jew masters told,

they obey and copy-paste

subhumans

slanties

no brains no originality no creativity no inventiveness no talent
For a no brainer, it still doing fine in the region. So others are negative brain?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Ok , so you rather swagger your balls around doing a war dance that you are a big fuck or what , kiddo

put your money where your mouthis and point to to me what so good about in engineering sense , the model I posted

Or were you stlll a kid peeing in your pants or what ?
Why should i pee in my pants when i can pee in your mouth. u like that, don't u?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The AMX13 aka SM1 in SAF has a Detroit Diesel engine. Other than the external shell, most other stuffs are not original French origins.
The AMX-13 original version served the SAF until the late 1980s, by which time most of them were over 30 years old. For a 30 year old tank of french engineering to run for so long and function effectively is a testament to french mechanical design. Which the poster obviously know nothing about. The SM1 had a competition for the re engining, and the French version was a close runner up. I believe the French entry was a Potez diesel engine, and a French FCS and laser rangefinder. Which would have made the AMX-13 still a french design. But the SAF decided to go with the detriot diesel with the ZF transmission for some commonality with the M113.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
While those served in saf are peacetime but saf brought AMX13 because the Jews recommended to SAF as it cheap and go enough for the region.
The jews recommended to the SAF and actually conned Keng Swee and all the other gabra SAF senior staff. The AMX-13 is not the correct armour vehicle for S'pore. But the Jews bought 400 of the AMX-13s because at that time, France was the only country willing to sell them any armour. They used the AMX on the 6 day war and discovered the thing was a death trap. Gun too weak to defeat T-55 and armour too light. SO, how to get rid of them? Why, just con the SAF into buying them, which we did. The correct vehicle for us is a wheeled AFV. 4 X or 6X. Armed with a 90mm or 105mm low recoil gun. The SIBMAS would have been a better fit or something smaller. Like a Panhard.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I'll never put my money on anything mechanical originating from latin Europe.

However the Latin Europe brands dominate the luxury industry.

Some French tech companies (esp pharma, biotech and food processing) have been world leaders for a while
Latin Europe? The only country that remotely speaks even latin in europe is Italy. simi lancheow si latin erurope?