• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Would Anyone Buy French Cars or Products? Stupid?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with French cars. U go to Malaysia, u can see a lot of Peugeot 308s driving around. Most Peugeot models like 408, 508, etc are there too. My father used to own a Renault. Citroens have a reputation for a comfortable and luxurious ride. Those people driving around in Nissan Latio don't realize their car engine is actually from Renault. And that is a reliable and fuel efficient engine.

talking about Citroen ? This model pick up is a joke , we use to say never go and rob a bank with this car because it needs time to lift itself before taking off
1604195633767.jpeg

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with French cars. U go to Malaysia, u can see a lot of Peugeot 308s driving around. Most Peugeot models like 408, 508, etc are there too. My father used to own a Renault. Citroens have a reputation for a comfortable and luxurious ride. Those people driving around in Nissan Latio don't realize their car engine is actually from Renault. And that is a reliable and fuel efficient engine.
I have had friends who mistakenly bought a french car and regretted it enormously.

A simple electronic component failure costs SGD$2000 to fix. And that was after numerous trouble with the car going in and out of the workshop.

And then after the confidence was lost, he sold the car almost at scrap value because all dealers will chop his carrot head because its a french car.

He learnt an expensive lesson because he did not listen to his friends advise not to buy a french car.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The dealer there will take 6 months to repair the car under warranty I was told. Small engine warning lights, they will change entire engine. But you have to wait.
only a sucker bring their car to a dealer to fix. if its out of warranty, there are many private peugeot mechanics that can fix it.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
only a sucker bring their car to a dealer to fix. if its out of warranty, there are many private peugeot mechanics that can fix it.
Its still 7nder warranty. But it seems they took their time as new engines needed to be shipped from France.
I heard malaysuan agent for Peugeot seeking to sell their business.

But in china, you can see loads of Peugeot. But then its built in China and parts readily available.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I
talking about Citroen ? This model pick up is a joke , we use to say never go and rob a bank with this car because it needs time to lift itself before taking off
View attachment 94805
There are hundreds of excellent french models out there, and you bring up this picture of a 40 year Citroen and say this model has slow pick up. Are u a fucktard or something? The most common model around here are peugeots. Is it possible u can bring up a more common sense example? ?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Its still 7nder warranty. But it seems they took their time as new engines needed to be shipped from France.
I heard malaysuan agent for Peugeot seeking to sell their business.

But in china, you can see loads of Peugeot. But then its built in China and parts readily available.
U don't know shit about what u are talking about. And u claim to be in Malaysia? Peugeot and Citroen cars are assembled in Malaysia by Naza. There is a huge plant for them in Gurun, Kedah. Parts is not an issue. Especially your cock and bull story about engines having to be shipped out from France. Once of my relatives in malaysia worked for MBF Finance which is a big company and master dealer for Peugeot in malaysia at that time. They issue Peugeot 4 door sedans to all their executives as a company car. My relative's Peugeot was comfortable and pretty reliable. I would estimate their reliability to be same as Proton. There are many private mechanic shop out there who can work on Peugeots. Citroens are rarer in malaysia, but now that Naza is making them, it should not be a problem for parts and service. Peugeot sales were not good because too many competition. Other then that, its not a bad car.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I have had friends who mistakenly bought a french car and regretted it enormously.

A simple electronic component failure costs SGD$2000 to fix. And that was after numerous trouble with the car going in and out of the workshop.

And then after the confidence was lost, he sold the car almost at scrap value because all dealers will chop his carrot head because its a french car.

He learnt an expensive lesson because he did not listen to his friends advise not to buy a french car.
Your friends need to have more brains and actually applicable to all sinkie motorist too. You know who is a sinkie motorist's best friend? His mechanic in JB. Most of my routine maintenance like oil change, new batteries, new tires, etc. I do it in JB. Before the MCO, u can just go across and bring your car there. e.g. What they charge for a good set of Continental tires here is fucking daylight robbery compared to JB. If I had a French car, that is where I would go to get it fixed. There are many more private mechanics in malaysia who know french cars then in s'pore. Just ask around for recommendation, call the shop to book the appointment, drive over there on a Saturday and leave your car with them. Take a teksi or grab, go for good and cheap lunch, massage, maybe fuck a charbor at the spa, go back to the shop and your car is ready. can even have time for car to be washed and vacuumed. For not even half the price of what they charge in s'pore.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I

There are hundreds of excellent french models out there, and you bring up this picture of a 40 year Citroen and say this model has slow pick up. Are u a fucktard or something? The most common model around here are peugeots. Is it possible u can bring up a more common sense example? ?
Speaking in foul mouth only stench your point of view , if at any Go and wash your mouth with Dettol kid

now ,why that particular model of 40 years Citroen , simply because no other make or model had such a pick up as it did , something that made people on the road notice with curiosity

and Peugeot, at least I owned one before and have some credibility to talk about such a brand though others may not agree with me , as I pointed out it’s hugely popular in Africa and closer to home in Thailand ...did you ever owned a Peugeot?

or just talking cock ?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Speaking in foul mouth only stench your point of view , if at any Go and wash your mouth with Dettol kid

now ,why that particular model of 40 years Citroen , simply because no other make or model had such a pick up as it did , something that made people on the road notice with curiosity

and Peugeot, at least I owned one before and have some credibility to talk about such a brand though others may not agree with me , as I pointed out it’s hugely popular in Africa and closer to home in Thailand ...did you ever owned a Peugeot?

or just talking cock ?
I owned a renault before and my sister in law owned a Peugeot before, which I have driven. when u post a pic of a 40 year old car and point at it as an example of bad french car engineering, yes, then there is no other discription of you other then fucktard.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
U don't know shit about what u are talking about. And u claim to be in Malaysia? Peugeot and Citroen cars are assembled in Malaysia by Naza. There is a huge plant for them in Gurun, Kedah. Parts is not an issue. Especially your cock and bull story about engines having to be shipped out from France. Once of my relatives in malaysia worked for MBF Finance which is a big company and master dealer for Peugeot in malaysia at that time. They issue Peugeot 4 door sedans to all their executives as a company car. My relative's Peugeot was comfortable and pretty reliable. I would estimate their reliability to be same as Proton. There are many private mechanic shop out there who can work on Peugeots. Citroens are rarer in malaysia, but now that Naza is making them, it should not be a problem for parts and service. Peugeot sales were not good because too many competition. Other then that, its not a bad car.
I know what i am talking about as my girl in Malaysia drives a RCZ. Under warranty 7 years. Initially 5 but it was extended to get more sales. She git her engine within 3 months as she was pushy. Those who are not, cars are left in workshop up to 6 months.
Going to private mechanics will void your warranty.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your friends need to have more brains and actually applicable to all sinkie motorist too. You know who is a sinkie motorist's best friend? His mechanic in JB. Most of my routine maintenance like oil change, new batteries, new tires, etc. I do it in JB. Before the MCO, u can just go across and bring your car there. e.g. What they charge for a good set of Continental tires here is fucking daylight robbery compared to JB. If I had a French car, that is where I would go to get it fixed. There are many more private mechanics in malaysia who know french cars then in s'pore. Just ask around for recommendation, call the shop to book the appointment, drive over there on a Saturday and leave your car with them. Take a teksi or grab, go for good and cheap lunch, massage, maybe fuck a charbor at the spa, go back to the shop and your car is ready. can even have time for car to be washed and vacuumed. For not even half the price of what they charge in s'pore.
Again talking cock ah ?

I do know quite a bit of car mechanics in JB , not to mention the big timers are actually Sinkie owned JB operatives

many such ate Operators of stolen cars from Sinkieland , drove across stripped and sold by parts

most of the mechanics in JB and elsewhere in Malusia are involved in fraudulence especially in insurance

even parts are stripped out of used cars and sold as new ...there is an operation near KL by kelings exclusively doing this sort of work

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I owned a renault before and my sister in law owned a Peugeot before, which I have driven. when u post a pic of a 40 year old car and point at it as an example of bad french car engineering, yes, then there is no other discription of you other then fucktard.
Ok , so you rather swagger your balls around doing a war dance that you are a big fuck or what , kiddo

put your money where your mouthis and point to to me what so good about in engineering sense , the model I posted

Or were you stlll a kid peeing in your pants or what ?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are too stupid if You think he did not try malaysia workshops.
Even they gave up on french electronics.

Hanslesley73

Alfrescian
Loyal
French cars are known to be defective:
https://www.quora.com/Are-French-cars-reliable
https://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22083

They will breakdown soon enough.

French products are expensive:
Just look at their fashion and accessories. Not really of high quality but super expensive.
LV. Chanel. etc Only vain people buy them.
I will buy French goods.....bcoz their things are better than Malaysian quality things(eg. President butter). Now more so, to support the French instead of the 'peaceful' religion that allows beheading of human beings.