• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why pap will lose big in GE2020

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because when i chitchat with My malay colleagues majority give the impression they like pap because pap govt give them helps in their children education subsidies aka free textbooks, free uniforms, socks and shoes. If don’t vote pap then cannot get. Of course these colleagues are only drivers and warehouse ppl, not representative of the whole population.
As for those not happy at pap, more than likely those that have higher education. I encountered one malay girl who my wife gave tuition over 10 years ago, she very angry about pap letting Courts to put Malays in debts for selling home appliances on installments. She a rare breed, she eventually did not bad in o level. But cannot said the same of her younger sister, bohchap in studies, always elang from lessons, certainly don’t care government policies that put the Malays in disadvantage.
human comes in many shape and size....
we have free choice ......what profession and life style to have.
but when the cake or benefits is being hurt, there is where we are not happy.
if I am happy with grab-food delivery and no CECA, PRC, Philippine...to snatch my job, i will also leaves these million dollars MPs alone.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Someone did mention it here. Tink it was u. Riot cos of livelihood. Now both dialect group faced same crisis i.e. livelihood. Culprit not Hokkien and Teochew. But MIW. Lets see how united they are...whether have the balls to tick the right candidate.

nothing to do with MIW lah ,neither them nor their parents born yet lah ..LOL

Hokkien-Teochew Riots(1854) The Hokkien-Teochew Riots, also known as the Great Riotsof 1854 or the Five Catties of Rice Riots, began on 5 May 1854. ... The riots lasted for at least 10 days, and led to the death of approximately 1000 people and the destruction of some 300 homes.

but it was Maria riot that was politicised by LKY ..he was a defending attorney for some them

December 11, 1950 - Maria Hertogh riots (18 dead, 173 injured)

it was actually a sort of freedom fight between the colonists and malay Muslims...it should have been a watershed since malays as the natives had risen against the white colonists...instead LKY made it as a religious riot ..as matter of fact Chinese Associations supported it and backed it ...a lot of truth is hidden and swept under the carpet

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak. Hokkien, Teochew, Hakka, cantonese etc etc...semua sama lah bang. In sinkieland Semua chiang Hua Yi. Unity kan. Where got in dialect group
That why you ignorant of Chinese as I am of Malays. Chinese view where their ancestral home as very important. The priority are in this order, same village, same clan, same dialect, same county, same province then lastly country least important. Maybe the millennial generation don’t care but older folks still maintain this thinking. That why so many clan associations in Singapore.
Although it stereotyping but each dialect groups had it own traits. Most don’t like each other. Intermarriage among different dialect groups only more common after independent. Chinese are the least united race in the world.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually i really dont understand why u guys kip thinking Malays are die hard fans of MIW? I mean they have policies like Speak Mandarin campaign, no top senior posts in the civil service, only 1 miserable Malay cabinet minister and must only incharge of tong sampah. No fighter pilot, commondos etc. I repeat. Pure Malays. Regardless of race, language or religion. Really? :cautious:
Which is why there is a Curryma president in Singapore to make Malay people very happy,

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak. Hokkien, Teochew, Hakka, cantonese etc etc...semua sama lah bang. In sinkieland Semua chiang Hua Yi. Unity kan. Where got in dialect group
Alamak is right. I swear to you, I think that sometimes Chinese are more willing to hantam other dialect than other race. Anything slightly different they will whack. Can go and ask your friend hypocrite which is worse. Hokkien or Malay. Don't put religion in. Just race and see what he says.

I know so many family stories about refusing to marry other dialect group.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
That why you ignorant of Chinese as I am of Malays. Chinese view where their ancestral home as very important. The priority are in this order, same village, same clan, same dialect, same county, same province then lastly country least important. Maybe the millennial generation don’t care but older folks still maintain this thinking. That why so many clan associations in Singapore.
Although it stereotyping but each dialect groups had it own traits. Most don’t like each other. Intermarriage among different dialect groups only more common after independent. Chinese are the least united race in the world.
ever heard the Teochew rhyme?

Teochew hao lian, Hokkien tua pian. etc...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak. Free textbook, socks, shoes? Malays also have free education from Primary to IHL level. think u are still in the 60s.
For a while I don’t understand your reply. Ok, maybe it my fault. The freebies is not limited to Malays but to all low income families which many of my malay colleagues qualify and applied for the freebies. But the colleagues give the impression these freebies are only available when miw remains in power.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a while I don’t understand your reply. Ok, maybe it my fault. The freebies is not limited to Malays but to all low income families which many of my malay colleagues qualify and applied for the freebies. But the colleagues give the impression these freebies are only available when miw remains in power.

All tis while MIW is the garment of the day. MIW implement all the policies. Subsidies catered to all deserving races who were fm poor families. Dont listen to hearsay. Can always google to confirm. Nowadays Malays at par with all races. No more privileges like free education etc

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
All tis while MIW is the garment of the day. MIW implement all the policies. Subsidies catered to all deserving races who were fm poor families. Dont listen to hearsay. Can always google to confirm. Nowadays Malays at par with all races. No more privileges like free education etc
all the malay problems of being side lined and discriminated arose as a tit for tat against malaysian politics ...somehow, LKY saw local malays and malaysian malays as one ...perhaps, it could have been since almost half of LKY cabinet was made up of ministers born in malaya

but over a time ,I reckon ,the separation of malaysia born and singapore born widened...not only for malays but chinese and Indians too...as a matter of fact malaysia malays don't much like a sinkie malay these days

but whatever discriminatory practices implemented against the malay singaporeans still remains ..
the most notable is in SAF...I had known of Malaysian Chinese in SAF as foreigners but never Malays except some for token sake in SAF logistics .

and our SCDF is almost exclusively for Malay Muslims

yes ,they are many more but the treatment of malays in SAF really sticks out since they are the natives of the land and yet cannot be trusted to bear arms

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nothing to do with MIW lah ,neither them nor their parents born yet lah ..LOL

Hokkien-Teochew Riots(1854) The Hokkien-Teochew Riots, also known as the Great Riotsof 1854 or the Five Catties of Rice Riots, began on 5 May 1854. ... The riots lasted for at least 10 days, and led to the death of approximately 1000 people and the destruction of some 300 homes.

but it was Maria riot that was politicised by LKY ..he was a defending attorney for some them

December 11, 1950 - Maria Hertogh riots (18 dead, 173 injured)

it was actually a sort of freedom fight between the colonists and malay Muslims...it should have been a watershed since malays as the natives had risen against the white colonists...instead LKY made it as a religious riot ..as matter of fact Chinese Associations supported it and backed it ...a lot of truth is hidden and swept under the carpet

KNN. Up till now cheena sinkie still think Malays backstabbed them.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which is why there is a Curryma president in Singapore to make Malay people very happy,

That goes to show u really dont understand Malays on the ground. Malays not interested whos the president. Just a puppet. Wat can she do for the Malays? She still need to consult u know who.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN. Up till now cheena sinkie still think Malays backstabbed them.
as a result of MIW propaganda more so by LKY ..he had an axe to grind with malusia

LKY was actually gunning for malusia premiership ..he figured sinkieland was too small for his stature ...but cut down to size ...the people who actually throwed LKY out of malysian politics were MCA ,the malysian chinese but sinkie malays suffered as a result

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak is right. I swear to you, I think that sometimes Chinese are more willing to hantam other dialect than other race. Anything slightly different they will whack. Can go and ask your friend hypocrite which is worse. Hokkien or Malay. Don't put religion in. Just race and see what he says.

I know so many family stories about refusing to marry other dialect group.

But cheena Msian very united leh. Like one red army chicom. Tis one confirmed. Not make up story. In sinkieland racial riot. Cheena united too leh.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
But when faced with their common adversary i.e. the Malays, they will unite like one red army chicom. Look at cheeena Msians. 96% support DAP. A cheeena party
DAP is started by PAP to stir shit in malaysia ...after separation, there was a tacit agreement that each will not interfere into other politics ...but LKY circumvented it through Devan Nair ,..
Devan was a malysian ,he founded the DAP...which is described by Mahathir as a Trojan horse left by PAP

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
But cheena Msian very united leh. Like one red army chicom. Tis one confirmed. Not make up story. In sinkieland racial riot. Cheena united too leh.
er... not from my own experience.... but of course, you and I may have had different experiences...:smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all the malay problems of being side lined and discriminated arose as a tit for tat against malaysian politics ...somehow, LKY saw local malays and malaysian malays as one ...perhaps, it could have been since almost half of LKY cabinet was made up of ministers born in malaya

but over a time ,I reckon ,the separation of malaysia born and singapore born widened...not only for malays but chinese and Indians too...as a matter of fact malaysia malays don't much like a sinkie malay these days

but whatever discriminatory practices implemented against the malay singaporeans still remains ..
the most notable is in SAF...I had known of Malaysian Chinese in SAF as foreigners but never Malays except some for token sake in SAF logistics .

and our SCDF is almost exclusively for Malay Muslims

yes ,they are many more but the treatment of malays in SAF really sticks out since they are the natives of the land and yet cannot be trusted to bear arms

Its pretty obvious aint it? Even my 10yr old nephew also said Malays are still discriminated in Sinkieland till this day. Tats why i dont really bother abt GE cos i know prospects for Malays is ZERO in sinkieland. Whether majority is cheena or foreigners....to us Malays is dua kali lima.