• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why must stupid chinky sinkies eat Bak Kwa on CNY, queue and pay ridiculous prices?

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is their preference ... just like why Indian likes to eat curry every meal or Malay likes balanchan or Ang Mo to cheese.

This is called culture.

IQ and Race

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bak Kwa is a showoff symbol of wealth during CNY.
The more higher price surge, the longer is the que.

Rather use the time & money to take better care of your elderly parent.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was $50 per kg at Chinatown's Lim Chee Guan a couple of weeks ago. Super long queue.

It was very funny to watch the sour faces of the employees at the nearby Bee Cheng Hiang and Fragrance bak kwa shops. Almost no customers. :roflmao:
Seriously, I cant taste the difference between these 3 shops.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bak Kwa can eat all year round. Buying from those stuck up sellers braving long queues and paying rocketed prices is not my idea of spending time usefully.

I want to eat them, I usually wait for off season, when it is very cheap, just buy 300g & eat.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Similar to bak chang, prices skyrocket every May-June. But available throughout the year. :wink:

Mooncakes however are seasonal, only once per year.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Never liked bak kwa. It's just burnt and oily meat loaded with caramelised refined sugar. It's unhealthy processed food. People should not be eating it.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So this Lim Chee Guan is the bestest?
After CNY no business
Bee Cheng Hiang is still the bestest. It’s turnover is testimony.
Lim Chee Guan fans are morons coz it’s already publicly known they buy their bakwa from main supplier in Woodlands factory who also supply to other local bakwa brands.