• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why I prefer to hire foreigners over Singaporeans

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bye Bye Pink ICs

b222-data.jpg

Working with a US MNC I notice that most of the local Spore staff occupy the junior positions doing the donkey work.

One striking observation is that Sporeans don't support other Sporeans:eek: It's not like a Japanese company which gives prioiry to their fellow countrymen. You will see this attitude in this forum, support the hiring of foreigners who are cheaper than locals :o

So, NUS is lousy ? Hwa Chong is lousy ? RI is lousy ? One has to make sure one's future kids will not end up like this. :eek: Harvard, MIT and Princeton ? Just a thought here. No wonder many left for better work life and opportunity abroad. :*: As FTs :biggrin:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Bye Bye Pink ICs

i work with a filipinos most of them on S pass..... f$$%^^ ing useless, and worse still, they think they are in the best restaurant in singapore and no need to learn anything else, or they are the best waiters in the world, so nothing else, they need to learn . all this while digging their nose in plain sight...

Last edited:

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pinoys are good in servicing:biggrin:

That's cos they're GREAT ACTORS!
Try logding a complaint and be nasty with them.. then you will see their true colours.
Worst thing is, they think their English is better than most Sporeans...err.. hmm.. now.. that I can't definitely disagree completely.. but their accent is atrocious.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Would singkies want work in the sun to do construction work?
Lets be realistic shall we?

Got many Sinkies in the construction industry lah Kotek..

There're still many Sinkies working in construction sites as Project Managers, Engineers, Crane Operators, Foremen, Lifting Supervisors, Safety Officers, electricians, Lorry Drivers.. A Crane Operator can easily get around 4K a month.. I know of this Foreman who earns more tha 3K a month.. Lifting Supervisors earns around 2.5 - 3K a month..

Lets be realistic.. if you pay them well, of course they'll be willing to slog it out under the hot sun...

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal

i work with a filipinos most of them on S pass..... f$$%^^ ing useless, and worse still, they think they are in the best restaurant in singapore and no need to learn anything else, or they are the best waiters in the world, so nothing else, they need to learn . all this while digging their nose in plain sight...

Agree. I work in an office with many FTs (American, British, Filipino, German, Indonesian, Indian, Irish, Malaysian, PRC, Taiwanese, Vietnamese...).

Working with Filipinos has been highly unpleasant.
Reasons as follows:
  • Unfinished work as Filipinos are twice as likely to go on Medical Leave
  • Unable to meet deadlines, Filipinos' justification have been uneven workload, lack of resources, health issue (unable to take stress) & family issues

Fact being :*: all employees face similar conditions.

Filipinos do speak better English than PRC & Vietnamese BUT they are the least productive!!!

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: CEOs Are Blood Suckers Too

When I attended my first few Accounting lectures, there isn't any persons listed under "Labour" and nothing being listed out as furniture, fax machines, pcs under the "Office Eqpt" - yah, I was shocked.

Where are the faces ? Where are their names ? Don't be silly, no one cares about such details in accounting. It's all about dollars and cents (ie. profit). So, can you see what I had seen ? :*:

Typically, it's cold. If the company doesn't make money (does not matter whether the CEO had made a near fatal mistake), he (CEO) will have another 'good' excuse to cut cost. If it's in the red ? That's even worse - many so-called 'loyal' employees will be the first to be sacrificed. And that stupid CEO will still be there. After the cost cutting, he will pay himself lots of money for bringing the company financial status back in the black again. :eek::mad:

If life is so good for a CEO do consider becoming one.

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree. I work in an office with many FTs (American, British, Filipino, German, Indonesian, Indian, Irish, Malaysian, PRC, Taiwanese, Vietnamese...).

Working with Filipinos has been highly unpleasant.
Reasons as follows:
  • Unfinished work as Filipinos are twice as likely to go on Medical Leave
  • Unable to meet deadlines, Filipinos' justification have been uneven workload, lack of resources, health issue (unable to take stress) & family issues

Fact being :*: all employees face similar conditions.

Filipinos do speak better English than PRC & Vietnamese BUT they are the least productive!!!

These companies try to replicate Fortune 500 Companies , equal opportunity employers with hiring practise of distinct flavour :- That's why people are reluctant to leave such companies as it's a plesant and profesional working environment, not some hawker market with shouting and matches and all.

1. their ratio is predominately 10% of each type making up the entire workforce.(to prevent clinques forming which leads to = complacency = unproductivity = lousy working environment for all.
In other words, you see a collective mix of (American, British, Filipino, German, Indonesian, Indian, Irish, Malaysian, PRC, Taiwanese, Vietnamese...).etc sometimes africas or greece....

2. They are United Nations of all employers. Gold standard, you never see 50% more of the same type like 70% more indians than chinese , it's a line they draw most the time. unless they can't find, then they have to sacrifice productivity and gave way to hiring more of the same kind, and you risk rejecting the actual talented people.

You can therefore tell what kind of company by looking at their racial mix, if 70% of the same type, whether Singapore, malaysia, pinoy, chinese, it's a lousy company. you can pass. It shows lack of ability of the hiring manager whether for reasons such as labour shortage...etc.... we dunno, but you can sense they did try at some stage.

In an Indian IT company, You have various indians from different villages though all of them look alike with but talk with different dialects. India has 1000 dialects.
From the outside it looks as if they are all indian, but are of different villages. So it's wrong to say ALL indians are stealing occupying jobs. This again is subjected to quota, they never hire more percentage from an indian village.
The trend now however is moving towards hiring the Indian Housewife chapati auntie in IT (you can see it), and this has depressed the wages of former Indian IT workers as well and it's sore for them.

Last edited:

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal

From the outside it looks as if they are all indian, but are of different villages. So it's wrong to say ALL indians are stealing occupying jobs. This again is subjected to quota, they never hire more percentage from an indian village.
The trend now however is moving towards hiring the Indian Housewife chapati auntie in IT (you can see it), and this has depressed the wages of former Indian IT workers as well and it's sore for them.

True. :rolleyes: a reason being male Indian IT professionals look for word/s "project manager" in the job title. The female counterpart is content with "IT Analyst".

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got many Sinkies in the construction industry lah Kotek..

There're still many Sinkies working in construction sites as Project Managers, Engineers, Crane Operators, Foremen, Lifting Supervisors, Safety Officers, electricians, Lorry Drivers.. A Crane Operator can easily get around 4K a month.. I know of this Foreman who earns more tha 3K a month.. Lifting Supervisors earns around 2.5 - 3K a month..

Lets be realistic.. if you pay them well, of course they'll be willing to slog it out under the hot sun...

Are you willing to pay 20% more for property?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you willing to pay 20% more for property?

Pls don't talk cock.. You think the local Construction industry only builds HDB pigeon holes ahh?

I personally know of many local Sinkies who helped built the One Raffles Quay building years ago.. Many international banks are housed there.. You go and ask RBS, Barclays Capital, Credit Suisse lah whether they kena pay 20% more for their office spaces.. or why don't you ask the owner Hong Kong Land if they kena pay more when having these Sinkie project managers and Sinkie workers during the early days of constructing the building back in 2002..???

joseeto

For Singapore to survive and excel on the world stage – we need to develop both our SMEs and our workers. No doubt cheap foreign workers can be used as a buffer and a backup to ensure the success of our plan like in those years when we had to build the MRT or IR quickly and cheaply but it should not become a crutch. I heard that many businesses that depends on government contracts are now are setting up offices in Philippines or India in order to outsource jobs to their branches.