• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Goh Meng Seng allow Nicole Seah climb all over him?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone also said if candidates lose their deposits it will affect their political future. But I guess no matter what, the same person will argue to death that TKL still has a future.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If you are talking about Glenda, Ramseth is supposed to be her "political advisor" :wink:

You are right on one point, even if she spent most of her time in HK, there are lots of things to talk about policy comparisons between HK and SG, especially from transport, taxation, electoral system to housing.

Goh Meng Seng

I was overseas in 2006 and not following the elections that closely, so I can't comment on whether the candidates then shone more than the ones this year. I'm also not interested in disputing "intricate signals" and "average results of 41%".

I'm here because I feel I must disagree with the point made about Glenda Han. Not enough media opportunities were given to her over the last couple of years. Why? Supposedly because she was based in Hong Kong. But even when she does get the occasional interview - like after GE2011 - she squanders away the opportunity with some of the most *facepalm* statements ever. I remembered reporters asking if people were intimidated by a female politician. Her answer went something along the lines of, no I don't think so, because they still ask me for my phone number. Ask me for my phone number? WTH???? You can say I'm daft, overreacting or both, but the first thing that came to my mind was, "Why should she even talk about people asking her for her PHONE NUMBER????"

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are talking about Glenda, Ramseth is supposed to be her "political advisor" :wink:

You are right on one point, even if she spent most of her time in HK, there are lots of things to talk about policy comparisons between HK and SG, especially from transport, taxation, electoral system to housing.

Goh Meng Seng

u r tkl's political advisor for his ultimate embarrassment in pe2011.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am not working to be a "tyrant", so to speak, neither do I embrace "randomness". Nope. I put up good reasons to persuade others on what's the best options but if they refuse to believe in it, then that's just too bad. We have to learn to bear with the consequences of the choices we made in life.

Goh Meng Seng

You should have realized that there have to be party discipline especially when you have these scholars. They think they are smarter than every body else. The younger group nowadays embraces randomness. But I am surprised that you also fall into this habit.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

I'm here because I feel I must disagree with the point made about Glenda Han. Not enough media opportunities were given to her over the last couple of years. Why? Supposedly because she was based in Hong Kong. But even when she does get the occasional interview - like after GE2011 - she squanders away the opportunity with some of the most *facepalm* statements ever. I remembered reporters asking if people were intimidated by a female politician. Her answer went something along the lines of, no I don't think so, because they still ask me for my phone number. Ask me for my phone number? WTH???? You can say I'm daft, overreacting or both, but the first thing that came to my mind was, "Why should she even talk about people asking her for her PHONE NUMBER????"

I can imagine what the counter-response to that would be. That with the appropriate training, she would have known how to answer the question in a more intelligent way. Perhaps. But these days, it's not just about how candidates appear on the mainstream media that affects people's perceptions of them; there's social media like Facebooks, blogs, etc. I previously mentioned on this forum that I really was not impressed by Ms Han's facebook postings. Her arguments lack depth and coherence. I wouldn't call them motherhood statehoods, but they're hardly noteworthy in any sense of the word.

Annoyed join this forum to be white knight and defend Glenda's reputation against my attacks...... now he is the 1 attacking her......

Glenda and Nicole have been given too much slack cause they are chio bu who can get attention from peasants, doesnt change the fact that are lightweight hot air ballon ... full of hot air anf nop substance

there shouldnt be any sacred horse in opposition politics... not even lily neo....

Glenda is the last of the 06 trach to be cleared... the faster Ah low clear it the better !!! in this new political climate she cant get away with appearing once in a while...

every1 know that ah huat is the doin all the shit in Kaki Bukit !!!

btw Ramseth can up me or notch .... gonna to be zapped into moderation liao....

Last edited:

Annoyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
You give yourself too much credit.

I didn't join this forum to be a "white knight" or to defend anybody's reputation. I spoke out against your earliest posts about Glenda being a Party Girl because I didn't like the sexist overtones of your argument, and the way you equated partying to being a slut.

Even on that thread, I had pointed out that I was not too impressed with Glenda as a candidate, because she didn't seem to exhibit sufficient depth. My point was that if anyone has a case to make against any political aspirant, it should be based on criteria like his/her ability to dissect and analyze issues of national interest, not on lifestyle choices like the visitation of a pub.

I continue to stand by those views today. If you, or anyone else, were to make personal attacks on a candidate based on spurious reasons, I will certainly speak out. But I reserve the right to judge the same person using my own set of criteria, which does not have to be the same as yours. Please do not take my criticisms of Glenda as an endorsement of your name-calling.

Thanks.

Annoyed join this forum to be white knight and defend Glenda's reputation against my attacks...... now he is the 1 attacking her......

Glenda and Nicole have been given too much slack cause they are chio bu who can get attention from peasants, doesnt change the fact that are lightweight hot air ballon ... full of hot air anf nop substance

there shouldnt be any sacred horse in opposition politics... not even lily neo....

Glenda is the last of the 06 trach to be cleared... the faster Ah low clear it the better !!! in this new political climate she cant get away with appearing once in a while...

every1 know that ah huat is the doin all the shit in Kaki Bukit !!!

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello, East Coast was 36% in GE2006 lah! How to be "political advisor" if you can't even get the figures right?

She wasn't in EC 2006, she was in AMK then. I was referring to personal result. If you're talking about constituency result, it's still a rise in the quantum of 10%.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cannot already. I like debating on both sides pro and con whichever side I'm on. But Leongsam won't allow me to up your points again for the next few months. This forum rule is fair too, to prevent power factions forming.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who was your political advisor?

Goh Meng Seng

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr. Heng & Mr. Baey are actually quite popular in Tampines. :smile: Even though Mr. Baey only joins the team at the very last minute, but the aunties love him. BTW, do you know how intensive the HDB upgrading in Tampines is? Every corner you turn, you will see upgrading in progress. This is no surprise because MBT is the minister of MND taking charge of HDB.

You are losing sight of proper comparison here. No matter how you compare, NSP under SDA scored only 31% in Tampines back in 2006 while WP scored 44% in Aljunied. MBT was not perceived as a "weak minister" but in fact, HDB was the PAP's biggest political capital.
Goh Meng Seng

haha... heng and baey maybe auntie killers in tampines NOW but they were basically unknown on nomination day. baey was popular in TG grc but that does not mean ppl of tampines know about him. heng lagi worse, nobody except those read financial news heard of him. and add in the albetross of MBT, tampines was for the taking by you. while upgrading still a sweetening tool but it not sweet for ppl who children cannot afford a public housing. If mbt not weak, he would still be in the cabinet lol. To claim you lost due to these three reasons, u really a very "tak gong" analyst.

normally i keep my opinion of opposition politician to myself. i even hold tan shake lead in high esteem just for the fact he and his father dare to run against the might of the pap. u on the hand really piss me off. everything die die want to win. lose already still in denied, lose liao then work hard for the next round lah. instead waste time and effort here giving unwelcoming comments to other opposition politicians.