• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do Singaporeans leave?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the Australians are still kings in their own country unlike sinkees in sinkapore.

Spot on ! The entire Australia is our playground.. It will never happen to a compliant environment - Sg.

Not forgetting the Sun, Sand and the Sea.. Did I mention the 4 seasons.. Cool !

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is true ! That's why we always place a jacket, T-shirt, swimwear and condom in our car. lol !

I almost forget in SG you guys cannot afford a car :( 100k for COE, Biang !~

Best part is 4 seasons in 1 day/week! Lol

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is true ! That's why we always place a jacket, T-shirt, swimwear and condom in our car. lol !

Melbourne weather sucks.

Club Med weather for Perth. The weather so dry that you weigh less already on arrival. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Melbourne weather sucks.

I lived there for a few months. I used those crappy Melbourne days to explore every nook and cranny of its famous alleys.

lane.jpg

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I left Spore because I have a job waiting for me in the US.. It is no-brainer then when the job pays well , the working hour is short and life is good. Emigration is just a natural progression for me

Romulus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apart from those who did have jobs waiting in Singapore, why did the majority move Down-under? Was it relatives or people you already knew who were there? Or, perhaps, you had studied there and so the environment was more familiar?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do Singaporeans Leave?

Becos they are Quitters! They think that grass is greener on the other side... If they leave becos they hate FTs,overcrowding... they are going to the other side as FTs and causing the other side to be overcrowded too!

How many times do I have to say that the correct term is UPGRADERS. Don't believe, just ask Woody Goh's daughter, Jin Theng.

Stayers are the real quitters - quitted thinking, dreaming, striving, etc. They are the ones that the Old Fart was referring to when he said Sinkies are daft and needed to have spurs driven into their hides. Eternally grateful to the PAP for using their own taxpayers' money to upgrade lifts that should have been designed from inception to stop on every floor! Truly daft. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Apart from those who did have jobs waiting in Singapore, why did the majority move Down-under? Was it relatives or people you already knew who were there? Or, perhaps, you had studied there and so the environment was more familiar?

Went there without knowing a soul. I just thought I'd give it a go and move on if necessary.

I've ended up moving 3 times since.

Romulus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think "stayers" are quitters. I just think that they are risk averse. I know from experience. It was only until I moved that suddenly things changed - everything you did was "risky". If you allow yourself to get tied down by loans and mortgages, you will probably never leave. Too many "ifs".

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The price of a COE could buy you lots of Happiness overseas ! BMW 5 series about SGD$90,000 in Australia.. drive forever !

Salaries are indexed as per CPI. Salaries will not be the same 10yrs ago.

Life's Good !

Spot on bro. U have jiak lao bees draw $m sal & sgpns lose der jobs 2 cheap FTs & hav 2 2 menial jobs. 2016 is de last erection & if PAP cums back 2 pwr, I'm migrating as well.

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do Singaporeans Leave?

Becos they are Quitters! They think that grass is greener on the other side... If they leave becos they hate FTs,overcrowding... they are going to the other side as FTs and causing the other side to be overcrowded too!

U must b 1 of de 60% dafts hu love 2 get screwed by de MIW.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its not just the exchange rate,,,Oz is a bloody Ripp off,...
[video=youtube;v0V6ardnTj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0V6ardnTj4[/video]

Only because of the exchange rate.. Aus $ is still very high.. waiting for it to drop before converting more S$ into AUD$ :biggrin:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear bro,

It is no brainer solution. My BMW is <50% of my peanuts salary, with 3 yrs maintenance free and I can drive it forever.

Sg govt likes me to compete with Bangalas, China-nese or India-nese for cheap labour.. Who the hell agrees with that ! Siao ah ! I rather compete with the Angmos for quality work :smile:

Currently, lots of freebies in Sg are for the inferior cheap labourer (aka Foreigner Talents), NOT for the locals. Well, no problemo...

In Australia, PRs are considered skilled migrants with same benefits to the Australians. Life's Good ! hence, I rather be a 2nd class citizen (or the worst amongst the best) than in SG -so called 1st class local (best amongst the worst). GO figure it out !

A Leadership change is a must ! I shall leave it for your generation Z to change the world.. while I relax one corner enjoying my beer :-)

Spot on bro. U have jiak lao bees draw $m sal & sgpns lose der jobs 2 cheap FTs & hav 2 2 menial jobs. 2016 is de last erection & if PAP cums back 2 pwr, I'm migrating as well.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait, so you not going back to SG now?
Dear bro,

It is no brainer solution. My BMW is <50% of my peanuts salary, with 3 yrs maintenance free and I can drive it forever.

Sg govt likes me to compete with Bangalas, China-nese or India-nese for cheap labour.. Who the hell agrees with that ! Siao ah ! I rather compete with the Angmos for quality work :smile:

Currently, lots of freebies in Sg are for the inferior cheap labourer (aka Foreigner Talents), NOT for the locals. Well, no problemo...

In Australia, PRs are considered skilled migrants with same benefits to the Australians. Life's Good ! hence, I rather be a 2nd class citizen (or the worst amongst the best) than in SG -so called 1st class local (best amongst the worst). GO figure it out !

A Leadership change is a must ! I shall leave it for your generation Z to change the world.. while I relax one corner enjoying my beer :-)