• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why do sg men speak bad english ?

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
instead of good standard english without strong accents or weird syllabes, why do sg men choose to speak bad english that is also known as singlish?

is it because they have peasant ancestors and inherit their bad genes? why don't they take pride in talking to people!? they should learn from their westernised bosses!

no wonder many of them have to choose brides from 3rd world countries. maybe the singaporean women detest such bad language skills!

some examples of what sg men said!
"borrow me 5 dollar can?"
"oei tell you ah, dont be so bold lei"
"can do or not?"

i am totally disgusted at some sg men! :mad:

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
i also realize many members read and then leave this page

why are sg men so afraid to change for the better? to be more brave and eloquent!

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
instead of good standard english without strong accents or weird syllabes, why do sg men choose to speak bad english that is also known as singlish?

is it because they have peasant ancestors and inherit their bad genes? why don't they take pride in talking to people!? they should learn from their westernised bosses!

no wonder many of them have to choose brides from 3rd world countries. maybe the singaporean women detest such bad language skills!

"can do or not?"

Ok... go back Aust !!! :oIo:

Gan ni na bu eh phua chee bye !!!

:biggrin::biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

"can do or not?"

Your English is not that good either. Spelling mistakes and punctuation mistakes all over. :p

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Singapore men should take English lessons from Singapore women like this one... :p:p

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5F74FZfdSJY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5F74FZfdSJY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"can do or not?"

Hey mate..... sg men are one of the best gentleman in the world for your info. :oIo:

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore men should take English lessons from Singapore women like this one... :p:p

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5F74FZfdSJY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5F74FZfdSJY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Learn from her? You've got to be kidding. My English is bad but much better than her.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not forgetting the failure to use capital letters where appropriate.

Speaking a language well is a technical tad of different from writing it well. Of course, doing both well is ideal, but ideal isn't the common case, whether in English or Chinese or other languages. There're practically illiterate people who speak their languages well and there're graduates who write theses but speak like just being released from hell with tongues clipped.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
For an Australian, you are well-versed and knowledgeable about Singaporean men. It is as if you are a Singaporean man yourself.

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

"can do or not?"

Why do you start every sentence with small caps? You sure you passed your English examinations is school?

And on behalf of all whom does not speak well "Kan Li Nah Bu eh Puah CHee Bye"

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

"can do or not?"

Aussie English aint any better.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, in my mind, Singaporean men speaks the best English ever. It would be the rest of the world who is speaking bad English. The rest of the world should change.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet this Roxgurly is a guy, single, probably in his 40s and above, living in SG pretending to be an Aussie zha bor