• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why do sg men speak bad english ?

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
instead of good standard english without strong accents or weird syllabes, why do sg men choose to speak bad english that is also known as singlish?

is it because they have peasant ancestors and inherit their bad genes? why don't they take pride in talking to people!? they should learn from their westernised bosses!

no wonder many of them have to choose brides from 3rd world countries. maybe the singaporean women detest such bad language skills!

some examples of what sg men said!
"borrow me 5 dollar can?"
"oei tell you ah, dont be so bold lei"
"can do or not?"

i am totally disgusted at some sg men! :mad:

1) what is standard english?

american english? british english? aussie english? scottish english? chinese english?

Pray tell

2) Have you ever heard a german, french, scottish, aussie, cowboy speak english?

3) what is the purpose of a language to you? if limpeh type like this you can get it can already what, language is not like your prada la, its not for you to hao lian lah. Language is evolved...there is no standard.

4) For your info, I can speak the kind of english for american, british to understand me, BUT i find speaking singlish with my fellow singaporean friends more at home...if you really need a reason

5) I am surprised that for someone who seems to hate singapore culture to keep posting posts in this website. i don't think it takes rocket science for any idiot to find out that this place is not for you. save yourself and us time to do the things we want.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because the true elites have all left for greener pastures, only to be replaced by the posterity of a third world country called 'China'. Give it another 20 years. The demographics of Singapore will no longer be the same again.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) what is standard english?

american english? british english? aussie english? scottish english? chinese english?

Pray tell

2) Have you ever heard a german, french, scottish, aussie, cowboy speak english?

3) what is the purpose of a language to you? if limpeh type like this you can get it can already what, language is not like your prada la, its not for you to hao lian lah. Language is evolved...there is no standard.

4) For your info, I can speak the kind of english for american, british to understand me, BUT i find speaking singlish with my fellow singaporean friends more at home...if you really need a reason

5) I am surprised that for someone who seems to hate singapore culture to keep posting posts in this website. i don't think it takes rocket science for any idiot to find out that this place is not for you. save yourself and us time to do the things we want.
Don't bother with this idiot. He cannot even pose convincingly as an Australian. He got some issues with Singaporean men but yet surf this forum dominated by Singaporean men.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not all white trash speaks good english either.

Eg. "Give it back to me". We've heard this countless times in sitcom or movie.
There's a word known as return.

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't bother with this idiot. He cannot even pose convincingly as an Australian. He got some issues with Singaporean men but yet surf this forum dominated by Singaporean men.

like i have said, this is a forum recommended by a singaporean male friend of mine. my parents are born in singapore but they hate that place. my quest is to find out why! stop calling me a man!

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
like i have said, this is a forum recommended by a singaporean male friend of mine. my parents are born in singapore but they hate that place. my quest is to find out why! stop calling me a man!
singaporean male friend = you

So far, your quest is all about assuming all SG men are bad.

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporean male friend = you

So far, your quest is all about assuming all SG men are bad.

now you are assuming that i am a man too! by initially making an assumption, it allows me to focus my research well! you can always correct me if i am wrong! but please do so with knowledge and civility!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. girlfriend, if you are a real gal!
2. if you detest the sg male, well, you can choose not to interact with such individuals.
3. btw, your statement may not hold much water too.
4. not all sg guys speak like what you had written.
5. honest, you must also learn to "accept" local stuffs.
6. likewise, down under there are plenty of slangs and rough talking.

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. girlfriend, if you are a real gal!
2. if you detest the sg male, well, you can choose not to interact with such individuals.
3. btw, your statement may not hold much water too.
4. not all sg guys speak like what you had written.
5. honest, you must also learn to "accept" local stuffs.
6. likewise, down under there are plenty of slangs and rough talking.

i am trying to find out here! i have read some replies saying that most sg men speak very bad english. also i saw a lawyer's blog saying that sg men have very poor english and feel very small to "ang moh"

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
now you are assuming that i am a man too! by initially making an assumption, it allows me to focus my research well! you can always correct me if i am wrong! but please do so with knowledge and civility!

Your assumptions about Singaporean men are already biased. You seem to indicate only Singaporean men do the following vices:

- Gamble

- Visit prostitutes

- Speak bad English

- Call other races rude name

Only SG men gamble? What is Las Vegas then? Americans also gamble.

Only SG men visit prostitutes? Holland has a legalized red-light district. So Dutchmen also visit prostitutes.

Only SG men speak bad English? Explain all those uneducated, American red-necks hillybillys.

Only SG men call other races rude name? Who came up with chink, nigger,etc?

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your assumptions about Singaporean men are already biased. You seem to indicate only Singaporean men do the following vices:

- Gamble

- Visit prostitutes

- Speak bad English

- Call other races rude name

Only SG men gamble? What is Las Vegas then? Americans also gamble.

Only SG men visit prostitutes? Holland has a legalized red-light district. So Dutchmen also visit prostitutes.

Only SG men speak bad English? Explain all those uneducated, American red-necks hillybillys.

Only SG men call other races rude name? Who came up with chink, nigger,etc?

you totally misunderstood me! i never ever said only sg men are involved. but i am focusing on sg men as a subject. do u get what i mean?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Roxy mate,
I'm in Australia as well. If you want to find out more. I'll be glad to talk to you in person about the perils of being in Singapore face to face. You could also meet a genuine person that have left instead of getting harassed here all the time.

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why only SG men?

I think you should focus on your Aussie men.

i did not do so because australia is made up by very diverse groups of people. it is hence very frustrating to study the aussie men! besides i am very interested in sg men and plan to write a thesis on it soon. afterall, i am revisiting my roots and will make more frieds in the process!

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i did not do so because australia is made up by very diverse groups of people. it is hence very frustrating to study the aussie men! besides i am very interested in sg men and plan to write a thesis on it soon. afterall, i am revisiting my roots and will make more frieds in the process!

SG men are also interested in banning your geh ang moh chee bye, you have no friends here btw :oIo:

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean is also made up of diverse groups of people. :rolleyes:

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG men are also interested in banning your geh ang moh chee bye, you have no friends here btw :oIo:

no one has banned me so far. i believe this board is a democratic one but there are tonnes of aging and uneducated animals around like you !

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
roxy gal gal u stilll virgin ?
we dont speak bad english.
we speak good singlish.
and we will continue to preserve this culture.