• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Chinese Burn And Waste Stuff?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good luck trying to stop all of that.

Btw did you use to have religious debates in the past? I remember you were in some kind of flame war with lancheow man in the old forum.

That flame war with lancheowless faggot was not because of religious issue. It was his ego issue. I just play along with it.

Anyway, there can be no religious debate as all won't result in anything good.

Just watch what happen when a rationalist tried to have a rational discussion with a religious bigot. The bigot start calling names and giving threats when they can't win the discussion with reason and logic.
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u8QOJUw_XaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the time of the year again, I think 7th Lunar Month. Well named, for lunatics. Why do Chinese burn stuff in public? Why aren't the NEA arresting or fining them? I hate all religions but this has got to be the worst. All other lunatics conduct their lunacies in their own temples, churches, mosques or synagogues. The lunatic Chinese has to conduct their lunacies in public. I can see rice, chicken, fruits being wasted on streetside worship. Hell, I even see Guinness, Carlsberg and Yakult!

Stray cats and crows are their gods, for they happily come and feast on all the offerings.

Why don't you help yourselve to the Guinness, Carlsberg and Yakult! No body will catch you for stealing during this month.

kobe23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dun you just kick off everything the Chinese burnt and pray
and swear at it during the night time? The maybe you will know whether is it true on the Chinese belief.

It's the time of the year again, I think 7th Lunar Month. Well named, for lunatics. Why do Chinese burn stuff in public? Why aren't the NEA arresting or fining them? I hate all religions but this has got to be the worst. All other lunatics conduct their lunacies in their own temples, churches, mosques or synagogues. The lunatic Chinese has to conduct their lunacies in public. I can see rice, chicken, fruits being wasted on streetside worship. Hell, I even see Guinness, Carlsberg and Yakult!

Stray cats and crows are their gods, for they happily come and feast on all the offerings.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why dun you just kick off everything the Chinese burnt and pray
and swear at it during the night time? The maybe you will know whether is it true on the Chinese belief.

I kicked it and even swear the fuckers who did not burn their offerings in the designated bins. Nothing happen. Not even a shadow. Only idiots will still believe in these fairy tales.

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't find anything wrong with what the incas did.

Let's face it not everyone is alike. Btw what are your thoughts on muslims in middle east beheading ppl and chopping off their limbs?

You see there are ppl with double standards that allow the muslims to do whatever they please cos they'll react violently but chide other more peaceful cultures.

I'm against all stupid believe and practices. Like I've said, an act of stupidity is an act of stupidity no matter what names you give it or call it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That flame war with lancheowless faggot was not because of religious issue. It was his ego issue. I just play along with it.

Anyway, there can be no religious debate as all won't result in anything good.

Just watch what happen when a rationalist tried to have a rational discussion with a religious bigot. The bigot start calling names and giving threats when they can't win the discussion with reason and logic.

yeah religious ppl are somehow like this.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why can't they be more open minded to stop doing stupid things and learn to be smart? If they want to remain stupid, do so without causing others inconvenience. If not, they will only be displaying their stupidity and be criticised.

So what is your religious? Care to share?

Hi Cestbon:

Agree that we have to be sensitive and tolerant of each other's culture. However, the thread here refers to doing something in open public, using public land (and air). Say, if some cult wants to conduct taboo practices and does so within confines of their privacy, so be it. But to spew waste and debris onto shared common public ground, then they should examine themselves and their practices so as not to encroach onto other people's domains and rights.

Years ago, muslim prayers were blared into the surroundings for the whole kampong. Those non-moslems had to tolerate the din. But then, things change and they can get the Quran on radio in their home. If this group of people can make changes to their practices, others too should try.

Cheers!

What I think is to be more tolerate human. Example Muslim every friday prayer anyhow park on road side from 2 lane become one lane. Malay wedding in void deck also cause in convenient to whole block.
Indian/Sikh/Chinese Temple when big festival road block also cause in convenient to all.
Sometime the old culture also make life more interesting. Others race/religious also can learn new things and culture.
Some ritual may look stupid/ridiculous to other people but to them very important.
Example Christian carry cross......
Muslim circle the Mecca stone and throwing stone ......
Indian/Buddhist cross fire and stick metal/piercing on body......

So what do you think?

Be more open minded to accept other culture and respect them. If all hate each other then there will be no peace. Many people still very conservative/small minded thinking only their race/religious/culture is the best/only one/above all/correct others are bullshit.
For me I am free thinker respect all the race/culture/religious. I do visit Chinese Temple/Indian Temple/Church and Mosque.
Make me more open minded all are good,all never ask anyone to do sin or harm others. All religious ask anyone to respect others, why we want to rank it which religious is more powerful/better there no answer for it just like chicken/egg which come 1st.

To know the GOD just search from the heart.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So what is your religious? Care to share?

My religion is science and technology. In fact, I can't even call it a religion cause science and technology improve and changes with each new found discoveries and proven hypothesis. So no, I don't have a dogmatic religion.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why can't they be more open minded to stop doing stupid things and learn to be smart? If they want to remain stupid, do so without causing others inconvenience. If not, they will only be displaying their stupidity and be criticised.

My religion is science and technology. In fact, I can't even call it a religion cause science and technology improve and changes with each new found discoveries and proven hypothesis. So no, I don't have a dogmatic religion.

You may not believe in GOD or religious but I can confirm that you must have pray before when in danger eg. which cause life and death. You must have pray that you are safe or your love one are safe regardless what is you religious/believe.
You comment that you don't believe in GOD but I do believe that you have pray before in you life at least once until now.
Do you pray before? Care to share.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You may not believe in GOD or religious but I can confirm that you must have pray before when in danger eg. which cause life and death. You must have pray that you are safe or your love one are safe regardless what is you religious/believe.
You comment that you don't believe in GOD but I do believe that you have pray before in you life at least once until now.

Nobody can stop you from your imagination and your make believe, but when the end comes, nothing you do will save you from extinction. Life and death is a natural phenomenon throughout the Universe. Stars born and dies, same with Galaxies and even Universe.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5OFThORmR-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nCQhk5WDARQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you wondered when people burn paper model iphones, laptop and electrical gadgets to the decease........ no one has ever burned them the satellite, power station and the compatible router. It just makes me wonder.

Damn sure the living did it to comfort themselves. But without the burning and smell of smoke in the air, the festive mood seems lacking. :o

Last edited:

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many in this forum are wrong, saying that those Chinese burning papers/things are stupid; They not not stupid, they are being inconsiderate.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many in this forum are wrong, saying that those Chinese burning papers/things are stupid; They not not stupid, they are being inconsiderate.

Both stupid and inconsiderate but what to do? This is Singapore. Just live with it. 7th month only, not everyday.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nobody can stop you from your imagination and your make believe, but when the end comes, nothing you do will save you from extinction. Life and death is a natural phenomenon throughout the Universe. Stars born and dies, same with Galaxies and even Universe.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5OFThORmR-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nCQhk5WDARQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just need a simple answer from you. Do you pray before or pray? YES or NO.
Care to share your thinking? Just a honest answer will do. Either yes or no.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pt is not about majority or minority but that all races and cultures have their own practices and oddities. if you want to chide one race or culture for funny cultural practices then you should do the same for all. It has nothing to do with consideration in the case of some cultures but simply cos they don't have a choice.

Actually rastafarism isn't voodoo.

I am all for multiculturalism - it is what makes our species colourful and interesting. Coming back to the point the thread starter was on about - they could be a little more considerate. Like buring their offerings in an enclosed incinerator or kiln. Food offerings can be in cages where animals are not able to get at them. We cannot do the things the same way we did centuries ago. Society is dynamic.

Isn't rastafarism Ethiopian (in origin)?

Cheers!

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just need a simple answer from you. Do you pray before or pray? YES or NO.
Care to share your thinking? Just a honest answer will do. Either yes or no.

Simple answer is no. I do not pray to any God as I do not believe in such nonsense. What you want to believe is up to you so long as it is your own private personal illogical believe. However, it should not inconvenient nor cause harm to others who do not share your believe system. If it does, then be prepared for others to talk shit about it.

Last edited: