• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Chinese Burn And Waste Stuff?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cestbon bro:

every friday prayer anyhow park on road side from 2 lane become one lane.

Traffic offences should be punishable by fines. They are a road hazard and potential obstacle to emergency vehicles like ambulances, fire-engines, cops.

Malay wedding in void deck also cause in convenient to whole block.

They shoudl use the community hall.

Indian/Sikh/Chinese Temple when big festival road block also cause in convenient to all.

They shoudl use the stadium, or large enough parking lot.

Sometime the old culture also make life more interesting. Others race/religious also can learn new things and culture.
Some ritual may look stupid/ridiculous to other people but to them very important

Agreed.

Example Christian carry cross......

It is their symbol.

Muslim circle the Mecca stone and throwing stone ......

Practice bomb-throwing.

Indian/Buddhist cross fire and stick metal/piercing on body......

Penance.

So what do you think?

See the above.

To know the GOD just search from the heart.

Yes. I do not know why these religious blokes go through such lenghth and pain to find love that existis within.

Cheers!

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you ask the CCB indons to stop burning the forest you CCB hypocritical elite. :rolleyes::oIo:

They lack a respect for the environment, the public, the neighbourhood and are inconsiderate towards public convenience., health, and even safety. Period.

Er, that's why most people prefer to live in Condo. Despite their prohibtive prices.

Cheers!

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
We Chinese burnt gold, silver papers and give offerings to the Ghost durng this month so that all our fellow citzens regardless of Race, Language or Religion can live through the month in Peace and Harmony with our fellows citzens returning from the Nether World.
When the Gates of the Nether World opens these souls have to be appeased. Who is going to do it? You Christian, or you Muslim or you Aethist or you whatever reiligion?
We have a greater responsibility then you fellow citizens could possibly fathom. You weep for the poor child who has asthma. While the sickness of the poor child is tragic, what we do probably saves lives.
While our action are grotesque and incomprehensible to you people, it saves lives.
You people don't want the truth because deep down you don't talk about it in places but parties, you people want us to make the offerings. You need us to make the offerings.
We Chinese make these offerings protecting everybody. You people use these offerings as a punch line against us.
We Chinese have neither the time nor the inclinations to explain ourselves to you people who rises and sleep under the very blanket of protectiion we Chinese provide; and then question the manner we provide them.
We rather you people just say "Thank You" and be on your way.
Otherwise, we Chinese suggest you people take up the responsibility and make the offerings yourself.
Either way we Chinese don't give a damn what you people are entitled to.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you ask the CCB indons to stop burning the forest you CCB hypocritical elite. :rolleyes::oIo:

I believe bigger forces than little me have been doing that. You helping them?

Anyway, I wouldn't throw the blame of forest burning to the Indon people. It is the rest of the consumer world using products containing palm oil that are the biggest driving force opf this activity. Some influential Indonesian business families are the main benefactors. They deposit their money and buy private property in Singapore too.

Cheers!

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, I wouldn't throw the blame of forest burning to the Indon people. It is the rest of the consumer world using products containing palm oil that are the biggest driving force opf this activity. Some influential Indonesian business families are the main benefactors. They deposit their money and buy private property in Singapore too.

I agree. Indons burn their forests for an economic purpose, however inconsiderate. Not the same to be compared to superstitious burning. But what the hell, US used to burn people accused to be witches and heretics too.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
We don't live in a perfect world. Live and let live.

I believe bigger forces than little me have been doing that. You helping them?

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am all for multiculturalism - it is what makes our species colourful and interesting. Coming back to the point the thread starter was on about - they could be a little more considerate. Like buring their offerings in an enclosed incinerator or kiln. Food offerings can be in cages where animals are not able to get at them. We cannot do the things the same way we did centuries ago. Society is dynamic.

Isn't rastafarism Ethiopian (in origin)?

Cheers!

yeah they could have done that but oh well guess some ppl are inconsiderate but i doubt all taoists do that maybe the older ones.

It's jamaican in origin but got almost all of its inspiration from the ethopian king haile selassie seen as a living christ figure when he was alive and also ppl like Marcus Garvey, prince emmanuel. The colors red, gold and green are also represented on many various african country's flags.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We Chinese burnt gold, silver papers and give offerings to the Ghost durng this month so that all our fellow citzens regardless of Race, Language or Religion can live through the month in Peace and Harmony with our fellows citzens returning from the Nether World.
When the Gates of the Nether World opens these souls have to be appeased. Who is going to do it? You Christian, or you Muslim or you Aethist or you whatever reiligion?
We have a greater responsibility then you fellow citizens could possibly fathom. You weep for the poor child who has asthma. While the sickness of the poor child is tragic, what we do probably saves lives.
While our action are grotesque and incomprehensible to you people, it saves lives.
You people don't want the truth because deep down you don't talk about it in places but parties, you people want us to make the offerings. You need us to make the offerings.
We Chinese make these offerings protecting everybody. You people use these offerings as a punch line against us.
We Chinese have neither the time nor the inclinations to explain ourselves to you people who rises and sleep under the very blanket of protectiion we Chinese provide; and then question the manner we provide them.
We rather you people just say "Thank You" and be on your way.
Otherwise, we Chinese suggest you people take up the responsibility and make the offerings yourself.
Either way we Chinese don't give a damn what you people are entitled to.

Nice meanwhile some christ-ians and moselms are saving the world from the evil hell fires of some dark dank place and converting more ppl to believe in their invisible man. Some hindus believe in some elephant headed being and their cows and their dung.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
........................It's jamaican in origin but got almost all of its inspiration from the ethopian king haile selassie seen as a living christ figure when he was alive and also ppl like Marcus Garvey, prince emmanuel. The colors red, gold and green are also represented on many various african country's flags.

Curious - are you a practising rafsta, or its just a fancy nick?

Cheers!

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
U think that is bad I used to live next door to a cheeby kia in Yishun blk202 6th floor. Every 1st and 15th of the month he would put a small pot outside at the walkway and burn offerings. The bloody smoke would come into our living rooms and make it look like a chemical warfare. Got so fed up 1 time when he put that pot infront of my corridor window that I called the useless poddles. As usual they talk some cock and bull story that they can't get involved and its a civil case.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
And how do we make it a better place by making insensitive remarks? Care to tell the forummers your background? I guess not. :oIo:

I suggested that they burn their offerings in a kiln - so ashes do not litter the place. Food offerings in a cage - so animals do not drag the crap around. These are suggestions. If someone else take these as insensitive remarks, it is them. Not me.

As for them being inconsiderate - find me a more politically correct word of describing their behaviour.

And upon hearing these comments, the adherents can take note that exercising the rituals have encroached into others' ways, beliefs, and norms and take heed. Rather than being inward, taking them personally as insulting.

As for my background, in a nutshell:-

I was born and baptised Catholic. During my A-levels, I questioned the practices of my faith and chose to be neutral towards all faiths, accepting that Humanism at least doesn't draw boundaries between "us" and "them." I do not reject nor accept any faith - in this, to each is own. Practice, pray, rejoice for whatever one's faith calls for, as long as it doesn't bug the peace, or make your brother stumble.

Cheers!

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I suggest that your church leeplace the annoying church bells with a mild ringtone and congregators take public transport so that their cars do not jam up the traffic. These are suggestions. If someone else take these as insensitive remarks, it is them. Not me. Cheers! :oIo:

I suggested that they burn their offerings in a kiln - so ashes do not litter the place. Food offerings in a cage - so animals do not drag the crap around. These are suggestions. If someone else take these as insensitive remarks, it is them. Not me.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A nick has got nothing to do with the real person. I can call mysefl Jesus Christ. Does it make me one?

I think he's just a sicko impersonating as an African stooge.

Never argue with an idiot, I always say. He will bring you down to his level. Just ignore his comments as they are worthless shit.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good reminder, bro. Tks. Shall not forget that.

Actually, I was just stretching my legs on a dull day with a slow forum..and ended up with that kneejerk reaction.. also tend to itch at the wrong time, but that's for another day...

Never argue with an idiot, I always say. He will bring you down to his level. Just ignore his comments as they are worthless shit.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Curious - are you a practising rafsta, or its just a fancy nick?

Cheers!

It's a nick. I have mentioned in other posts I am a catholic. FYI I think there aren't many non black Rastas but there should be a number of white Rastas and Japanese ones. Also not all ppl wearing dread locks are Rastas, the hairstyle is just a fashion statement to some

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's the time of the year again, I think 7th Lunar Month. Well named, for lunatics. Why do Chinese burn stuff in public? Why aren't the NEA arresting or fining them? I hate all religions but this has got to be the worst. All other lunatics conduct their lunacies in their own temples, churches, mosques or synagogues. The lunatic Chinese has to conduct their lunacies in public. I can see rice, chicken, fruits being wasted on streetside worship. Hell, I even see Guinness, Carlsberg and Yakult!

Stray cats and crows are their gods, for they happily come and feast on all the offerings.

bro..nowaday is not stray cats or crows ...its ah neh and ah tiong ...:smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's different. The smog and ashes cause air pollution.

Why can't they do it in their temples? Why must they do it all along the streets?

this month all those delision ppl got licence to litter and vandalize mah ..