• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Chinese Burn And Waste Stuff?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the time of the year again, I think 7th Lunar Month. Well named, for lunatics. Why do Chinese burn stuff in public? Why aren't the NEA arresting or fining them? I hate all religions but this has got to be the worst. All other lunatics conduct their lunacies in their own temples, churches, mosques or synagogues. The lunatic Chinese has to conduct their lunacies in public. I can see rice, chicken, fruits being wasted on streetside worship. Hell, I even see Guinness, Carlsberg and Yakult!

Stray cats and crows are their gods, for they happily come and feast on all the offerings.

I totally agree with you on this. Humanity or rather, the Chinese 5000years civilization hasn't grown out of their stupidity! Human kind has made tremendous improvement and advancement on Science and technology but remains stupid in blind and unfounded superstitious believes. What prove do they have that burnt items were received by their dead relatives? None! The only concrete prove of such acts are polluting the environment. Rather than wasting time and money on these useless rituals, it is better to treasure love ones when they are alive!

Sooner or later, we will all be gone.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uGcDed4xVD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v3Kcw0UrIFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SpkrVw_E6Nw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I see mostly 60s and 70s aged uncles and aunties doing that, I'd give it a miss as a minor inconvenience and humor their traditional superstition for old times' sake. But no, I see 20s and 30s aged educated youngsters, even bringing along their 10+/- aged kids to help burn stuff to their gods, devils, ancestors, whosoever. Goodness, when will this all end?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I see mostly 60s and 70s aged uncles and aunties doing that, I'd give it a miss as a minor inconvenience and humor their traditional superstition for old times' sake. But no, I see 20s and 30s aged educated youngsters, even bringing along their 10+/- aged kids to help burn stuff to their gods, devils, ancestors, whosoever. Goodness, when will this all end?

it will end when your life ends.

This is a chinese tradition that will never die.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
SingPost has been in the dumps since internet and e-mail. I think someone should suggest to them to provide postal service to gods, ghosts, devils and ancestors. Like, regular post, common incinerator. Express post, accelerated incinerator. Parcel service also available if you want to burn (send) whisky, brandy. beer, stout or wine. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
One billion chinks worship smoke while a similar number of ah nehs worship cows and cowdung. If it wasn't for the Ang Mohs, the world would be a real shit hole.

Absolutely agree w/ u. The Chinks have more than 5,000 years of history and they still can't get their milk powder right. Not to mention their contaminated toys, pet foods, toothpastes, apparels, and other foodstuffs...

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
One billion chinks worship smoke while a similar number of ah nehs worship cows and cowdung. If it wasn't for the Ang Mohs, the world would be a real shit hole.

Hahaha, you and your angmoh shitholes!

The angmoh bombed the shit out of the Japanese during World War II. Their nuclear power plants in Three Mile Island and Chernobyl almost buried them in their own shitholes.

Now with their thousands of nuclear arsenal stockpile held by the angmohs, they can easily bomb the shit out of the whole humanity!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like the Ang Mohs, I dont see Malays burning things mindlessly. Ang mohs and Malays are the best when it comes to observance of their religion, no polluting of their environment and no health risks to fellow men. They just pray in their chapels and mosques.

Chinks are the worst. They stinge on spending on their kins when they are alive, but splurge on the dead, erecting humongous paper houses, cars, iphones etc and then reduce them to piles of ashes, clouds of smoke and flying embers.

For all the 5000 years of civilisation the Chinks claimed they possess, they still practised such unnecessary, unhygienic and dirty acts. Give them metal bins, they still burn on their offerings on the nice grass verges. Bloody disgrace to all mankind.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like the Ang Mohs, I dont see Malays burning things mindlessly. Ang mohs and Malays are the best when it comes to observance of their religion, no polluting of their environment and no health risks to fellow men. They just pray in their chapels and mosques.

Chinks are the worst. They stinge on spending on their kins when they are alive, but splurge on the dead, erecting humongous paper houses, cars, iphones etc and then reduce them to piles of ashes, clouds of smoke and flying embers.

For all the 5000 years of civilisation the Chinks claimed they possess, they still practised such unnecessary, unhygienic and dirty acts. Give them metal bins, they still burn on their offerings on the nice grass verges. Bloody disgrace to all mankind.

Why can't the Town Councils do something about the situation? The grass verge are burnt, food and unburnt papers strewn everywhere for the banglas to clean up. Yes, it may be for a day or so but in reality, the frequency has increased or I am mistaken. Privately, many have their personal metal bins they burn their offerings in the left lobbies of their floor.

It is no wonder, we have so many scavenger bird species like magpies, crows and pigeons but less sparrows and starlings unlike the past. How can we dream of having a gracious society and clean surroundings if the government allow such dastardly practices. Nowadays many Ah Tiongs are also following the locals by making offerings and burning papers and joss. A percentage of a population of 3 million practice ancestral worship. How about a densely population of 5 million and increase that in the future to the projected 6.5 million. We will choke as we are packed together even more densely in this small island.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What a load of bollocks you write. Must have been bullied by some chinese as a kid and then carried this chip on your shoulder till adulthood. Take about holding a grudge.

Btw i thought you were some sort of "higher" intellectual that would not engage in racial slurs? Obviously that's not the case.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the Chinese tradition of stupidity and ignorance. I'm so happy that I'm out of it.

Well whether a tradition is stupid or not it's still a tradition. Whether it's wearing silly costumes or behaving in a certain foolish way it's still traditional.

I was born in a catholic family and almost no one in my immediate family practices taoism or buddhism but i still tolerate this tradition and respect others that practice it.

optimusprime

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real question is, why don't these cunts drink up the ashes that is left from their burning. Aren' they supposed do that as well?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are cowards that's why they dont drink it. Chinese are the filthiest race in the world, and here we have idiots defending them when they shld be emulating the Malays and the Angmohs. I have never seen Malays spit, but as for the Chinks, every time they see something unpleasant, SPIT! except when they are at home, they dont spit into their living room, kitchen or bedroom. I have also seen Chinese men blew their noses and wiped their fingers and hands on the lamp posts or public walls. Fucking assholes! Some assholes here are so proud of their race. I am a Chinese but I am ashamed.

The real question is, why don't these cunts drink up the ashes that is left from their burning. Aren' they supposed do that as well?

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a traditional retard!

Well whether a tradition is stupid or not it's still a tradition. Whether it's wearing silly costumes or behaving in a certain foolish way it's still traditional.

I was born in a catholic family and almost no one in my immediate family practices taoism or buddhism but i still tolerate this tradition and respect others that practice it.