• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why can’t we also have free medical treatment?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo your description read like someone I know in Singapore. Runs a business, each year will set a hight target for the business that die die cannot achieve. When cannot achieve say loss money despite sales higher than last year's. So no bonus only give angpow. Then each year will switch between S-class, 7-series etc

Exactly but the morons seem to be so happy just receiving those 'ang pows' while in the back room doing accounts, the boss are counting money in the room full of money, taking as much as they wish! LOL

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many I know had been made to pay for whatever fucked type shield even when they do not need it but when they need it, they cannot get to use it for that purpose.
Or it serve a useless purpose becos your hospitals BILLS ARE SO HIGH!

So you tell me.

The state made it complusory for these ppl to buy something called basic insurance which is in truth is insufficient in the eyes of the hospital and you want them to pay more money to pte insurance compaies whcih your linked gov companies have share in?

correct that tiers in current hosp insurance system is damn misleading and people buy wrongly or don't buy enough coverage. they buy basic and don't know about deductible lah etc buyer beware esp when insurance industry barriers to entry low and no regulation in industry.

i think free/more heavily subsidised medical insurance should kick in for elderly somehow ie. those whose coverage damn expernsive since they old and no job. those pre compulsory retirement age must fend for themselves.

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck are you trying to say? Gawd, your communication skills are so lacking I am not surprised that you are in need of free medical care.

Exactly. From the taxes you save (Singapore income tax is less than half of Canadians and GST is less than half of Canadian's HST - okay slightly more than half for the West Coast), you can easily spend about $1,000.00 a year on Medishield P and top-up insurance and you have world class treatment for free.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly. From the taxes you save (Singapore income tax is less than half of Canadians and GST is less than half of Canadian's HST - okay slightly more than half for the West Coast), you can easily spend about $1,000.00 a year on Medishield P and top-up insurance and you have world class treatment for free.

What do you get for that little tax you pay? A big zero. You still pay through your nose for health care. You are totally on your own in your retirement. You are on your own if the economy tanks or you are unemployed.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is where life is more important than money.

When you have to wait months for a heart bypass that a Singapore hospital would do even for C-Class patients within 7 days, you would fly back too.

If you are in need of a bypass immediately, you get one immediately. Life is more valuable in Canada than in Sinkapore.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is fucking highway robbery. At an income of $80k, I can save more than $20k in income taxes (and don't forget HST (or GST/PST) is more than double of GST in most provinces giving me a potential saving of up to $3k to $4k in sales taxes). With the $20K+ in saved taxes, I can buy my own medical insurance and save for that proverbial rainy day, thank you very much.

Tax dollars. 30 percent average tax for an annual income of 80k; this covers healthcare, unemployment insurance, welfare, pension and old age supplement income. Everyone chips in to create a fairer society. Most sinkees are too self-centered to understand this concept.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck are you trying to say? Gawd, your communication skills are so lacking I am not surprised that you are in need of free medical care.

If you have run out of constructive defence to use for this topic do not run out of topic and start attacking others on issue that have NO RELEVENCE on this medical issue.

I'm not so daft not to see that you're using this tactics cos you know when you're cornered like your MIWs without a good defence you start to attack blindly accept to admit what you did WRONG and what you should do to correct it.

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
My good friend (a landed immigrant) in Toronto was told he had to wait up to 2 years for a bypass and your law does not allow him to pay money to jump the queue. Finally came back to Singapore and got the bypass at a government hospital done within 12 hours from admission.

If you are in need of a bypass immediately, you get one immediately. Life is more valuable in Canada than in Sinkapore.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the one without any constructive points. Learn from winnipegjets - even though I do not agree with him, he makes points that can be debated over. You are just anyhow hantam - probably a loser in real life.

If you have run out of constructive defence to use for this topic do not run out of topic and start attacking others on issue that have NO RELEVENCE on this medical issue.

I'm not so daft not to see that you're using this tactics cos you know when you're cornered like your MIWs, you start tock and attackin fenzy in whatever style accept to admit what you did WRONG and what you should do to correct it.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get a government who is intent on keeping taxes low. That is enough value for the little tax I pay. Why pay $24k a year (and that is only for the $80k people) for something I can reconstruct with less than $10k?

Even you guys are finally getting it a bit, keeping the Liberals out of government for the last 6 years. Unfortunately, your Tories are still leaning too far left. You need to elect someone like Mike Harris to get out of that tax-and-spend drug you have gotten so used to.

What do you get for that little tax you pay? A big zero. You still pay through your nose for health care. You are totally on your own in your retirement. You are on your own if the economy tanks or you are unemployed.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the one without any constructive points. Learn from winnipegjets - even though I do not agree with him, he makes points that can be debated over. You are just anyhow hantam - probably a loser in real life.

helo, fucktard the example featured with proof is from a forumer who gave you a HUGE BLACK and WHITE BILL from a THAI hospital and I gave a clear comparsion what your MIW hospital would charge.

Why you cannot defend this? But go way out of topic except to give a good answer for this?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your very reply shows how shallow you are and how uneducated you are. And having Bs and Ms after your name ain't gonna help if your comprehension skills are so poor.

At least winnipegjets knows where I was coming from and how to come at me from an opposite direction.

But I guess I can't blame you for your shortcomings :p

helo, fucktard the example featured with proof is from a forumer who gave you a HUGE BLACK and WHITE BILL from a THAI hospital and I gave a clear comparsion what your MIW hospital would charge.

Why you cannot defend this? But go way out of topic except to give a good answer for this?

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your very reply shows how shallow you are and how uneducated you are.

At least winnipegjets knows where I was coming from and how to come at me from an opposite direction.

But I guess I can't blame you for your shortcomings :p

Still going out of topic?

Still no answer? LET ME HELP YOU TO SEE BETTER.

WHY NO ANSWER TO WHY SINKIE RESTRUCTED HOSPITAL CHARGE WAY WAY MORE THAN A THAI HOSPIAL, WHICH IS EQUAL TO THE STANDARD OF YOUR MT E?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already answered. BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT TO PAY TAXES TO FUND THE MEDICAL BILLS OF FUCKING LOSERS LIKE YOU!!!!!!!

Like I say, your comprehension skills put you in the unenviable position of having to demand handouts. :biggrin:

Still going out of topic?

Still no answer? LET ME HELP YOU TO SEE BETTER.

WHY NO ANSWER TO WHY SINKIE RESTRUCTED HOSPITAL CHARGE WAY WAY MORE THAN A THAI HOSPIAL, WHICH IS EQUAL TO THE STANDARD OF YOUR MT E?

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already answered. BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT TO PAY TAXES TO FUND THE MEDICAL BILLS OF FUCKING LOSERS LIKE YOU!!!!!!!

Like I say, your comprehension skills put you in the unenviable position of having to demand handouts. :biggrin:

So you want to plunder the state coffers, reward yourself but would consider common Sinkie losers to demand handout!

Why don't you say it so directly during election time?

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can an honest government be evil? or can they do evil while being honest?.

Increasing one's country coffer honestly, as a government is said to be good, yet to denied the poor who can't afford it, the honesty is an evil act even if it to bring wealth to one's country.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Yes I thought I needed to check on cass888 statement. Thank you for clarifying.

You see many people in Singapore only hear say hear say from the MIW. As MIW only like to tell Singaporeans good news that up themselves and bad news that make other countries look bad. So I make it a point to inform whoever is interested that where I'm living is not bad at all and in fact could be better than the Disneyland Singaporeans are in. I get everything value for money. Life is not just chasing money to pay for pigeon holes and ERP and COE and hospitalization etc etc etc. Believe me, many Singaporeans still think that Bangkok's medical care is 3rd world. I have to inform them that its now so now many friends come here for medical checkups. I mean Singaporeans although well traveled are still very much blinded simply because they choose to believe in lies and threats and don't like to face reality.

Sirius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is so full of money grabbing officials that the various institutions like Healthcare is based on money and not compassion.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not everyone is lucky like you. Maybe someday your children or relatives might need free healthcare. No one can guarantee ones health or how long they can live. Easy to talk when you are earning big bucks.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i see bros here banging each other heads over healthcare insurance which they themselves also not sure of.

i give an living example of the medicshield plan.

a relative currently only few yrs shy of 50yo suffer a stroke and internal bleeding of the brain.(i dunno the medical term) total medical bill currently stand at almost $60k, no pte insurance but lucky upgraded ntuc shieldplan(not the best, just average) so at least his parents and siblings wont be hit by a massive bill by the time he discharge as his coverage is $100K(i think, heard from his sister). That plan pay from the CPF ordinary a/c annually. Also he didnt opt out of eldercare plan, so he entitled to a couple hundred $$ a month, not much i admit, but still better than nothing. The main concern is not hospitalisation cost but the after care cost. How the hell his parents going to afford to hired a caregiver for him when he dischaged from hospital?

i admit healthcare is expensive, so ppl who can afford should buy adequte insurance coverage for themselves since ppl who earn up to $100k annual pay less than $4k in taxes. surely can spend $3-5k on insurance for themselves. As for the bulk of the population, at least buy the shieldplan from ntuc or other insurance companies as it pay via cpf and cost a couple hundred annual. no need agrue about national healthcare coverage as there no way pap will go for it. be pratical, since already know no free healthcare, why it want to gamble with one own health?

after seeing what happen to my relative, i just upgraded the aia healthshield i already have to a better one, at least no need to worry abt hospitalisation cost in the future. but having said that, i do want the healthcare cost to come down. healthcare workers, ie nurse and doctors are not exactly well pay. a houseman get ard $3k per month only. the real killer are those fat cats who gave themselves all sort of fancy titles whose works are just admin work and tok cock get ard $20k per month and gave themselves at least 6mths bonus annually. imagine how many more nurses and doctors can be hired by just getting rid one of these JLBs. ppl such as ex nkf chairman.