• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why can’t we also have free medical treatment?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not everyone is lucky like you. Maybe someday your children or relatives might need free healthcare. No one can guarantee ones health or how long they can live. Easy to talk when you are earning big bucks.

We have to face one brutal fact: most people behave in a selfish manner. The only difference is that it is far more pronounced in S'pore. It is virtually a national trait here. Few here will stand up for other people. They will only stand up for themselves and their family.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Than the question comes back to square one again. What if FTs take away your job? Can you pay any healthcare with anybody at all? Most blue collar worker in peesai earns far less than 1500, what health care can he afford in peesai?

Pappies take away your fishing rod and ask you to use your hand to fish.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Than the question comes back to square one again. What if FTs take away your job? Can you pay any healthcare with anybody at all? Most blue collar worker in peesai earns far less than 1500, what health care can he afford in peesai?

Clearly, each and every person has to fend for himself or herself. Bemoaning bad luck and circumstances changes nothing. The fishing rod might be taken away, but then the bigger question arises: does one need to continue fishing in a same small pond? Everyone should have a plan B or C. I am now conjuring up plan C for myself. I might well be leaving this small pond for somewhere else where fishing prospects are far more promising.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
i admit healthcare is expensive, so ppl who can afford should buy adequte insurance coverage for themselves since ppl who earn up to $100k annual pay less than $4k in taxes. surely can spend $3-5k on insurance for themselves. As for the bulk of the population, at least buy the shieldplan from ntuc or other insurance companies as it pay via cpf and cost a couple hundred annual. no need agrue about national healthcare coverage as there no way pap will go for it. be pratical, since already know no free healthcare, why it want to gamble with one own health?
I have heard of sinkies earning more than a hundred k per annum and relying solely on company's insurance, without even finding out what this insurance really cover. One fine day they are hit with cancer, heart attack etc. then they realize the company insurance pays so little, and will cancel on them the moment they are retrenched, which is very likely after a serious illness. By then, no insurance will cover them, and they have to liquidate house and other assets to pay for sky high medical costs. A very sad ending usually.

I agree, no point fighting for free medical. Better spend more time figuring out personal health insurance.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
What rubbish are you talking about? FTs take away your job? Fuck you. I have so many friends now, earning in excess of $10k a month, worried that IF THERE ARE NO FTs, they are the ones going to lose their jobs - or some lucky ones have to take a posting out of Singapore. Some SMEs already forced to look overseas - others are not too lucky being more S than M are going to close down.

Stop being so blind. This stupid xenophobia is hurting real Singaporeans.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most company insurance policies pay really well - enough to get treated in private hospital or first class ward in government hospital. Their coverage will usually cover the whole treatment.

The post-treatment medical care on the other hand you have a point. That coverage the patient will usually lose because they will ultimatelyget retrenched or have to quit. Even if the company maintains the policy it will be no more than 2-3 years.

then they realize the company insurance pays so little, and will cancel on them the moment they are retrenched, which is very likely after a serious illness.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much will it cost? Depends where the cut off line is. The higher the cut off (means more will benefit from free medical) the higher the cost to the public fund. The lower the cut off the lower the cost. One way is to give free medical to those who stay in rented HDB flats. Those who qualified for rental flats surely deserves help. How many are we talking about?

The fund simply come from those mentioned in the last para of the 1st post.

They are already covered by medifunds.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earning 10k working for SMEs. Don't bullshit. SMEs in peesai are shit. Go overseas only to 3rd world cuntries. Earning 10k wahahaha working in shit companies..

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read properly lah fucker.

There were two categories of people I was referring to. Those earning more than $10k. And those SMEs.

And there ARE people earning more than $10k in SMEs. Unfortunately they don't include losers like you.

You must be a fucking leftist dog of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan.

Earning 10k working for SMEs. Don't bullshit. SMEs in peesai are shit. Go overseas only to 3rd world cuntries. Earning 10k wahahaha working in shit companies..

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would not want to pay taxes to fund the medical fees of peasants like you. For your information, the waiting time for treatment in Canada is intolerably wrong. Many Canadian landed immigrants who had the good sense to keep their Singapore citizenship resort to coming back for NON-FREE medical treatment.

Thats right. Free medical care is a failure. My fren who migrated to Canada now regret, no job and got cancer, dying now.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read properly lah fucker.

There were two categories of people I was referring to. Those earning more than $10k. And those SMEs.

And there ARE people earning more than $10k in SMEs. Unfortunately they don't include losers like you.

You must be a fucking leftist dog of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan.

Me and my friends earn 20k a month la...

you fat fuck ugly frog..look at the mirror see the frog face..thats you whahahah

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have heard of sinkies earning more than a hundred k per annum and relying solely on company's insurance, without even finding out what this insurance really cover. One fine day they are hit with cancer, heart attack etc. then they realize the company insurance pays so little, and will cancel on them the moment they are retrenched, which is very likely after a serious illness. By then, no insurance will cover them, and they have to liquidate house and other assets to pay for sky high medical costs. A very sad ending usually.

I agree, no point fighting for free medical. Better spend more time figuring out personal health insurance.

most MNCs have a bit of compassion lah. i know of employees kenna cancer keep in the headcount on unpaid so that employee can get healthcare coverage. i cannot say the same for local companies. even govt agencies also fare badly in this aspect. a colleague MIL kenna cancer but the healthcare insurance for govt worker barely reach $10k but chemo is $2.5k per session.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thats right. Free medical care is a failure. My fren who migrated to Canada now regret, no job and got cancer, dying now.

Cancer only? What about the aged, special needs children, other health related illnesses...these sinkees are also dying in peesai faster than in canana..

Eh ugly chink, canana has over 30 million people.. How many people you think the free healthcare in canana helped compared to the cutthroat healthcare peesai goberment helped?

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
most MNCs have a bit of compassion lah. i know of employees kenna cancer keep in the headcount on unpaid so that employee can get healthcare coverage. i cannot say the same for local companies. even govt agencies also fare badly in this aspect. a colleague MIL kenna cancer but the healthcare insurance for govt worker barely reach $10k but chemo is $2.5k per session.
These type of companies getting fewer and fewer. And they can't keep the sick worker for too long. Usually at most one or two years. After that will depend on goodwill of family. Only if the family is certified nearing bankrupt will this chek arg govt throw a few scraps of help. Not a pretty sight to be dying here without rich family or insurance.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of them have also been robbed blind (30% income tax plus 15% HST go figure) to provide the care to the leaches.

Cancer only? What about the aged, special needs children, other health related illnesses...these sinkees are also dying in peesai faster than in canana..

Eh ugly chink, canana has over 30 million people.. How many people you think the free healthcare in canana helped compared to the cutthroat healthcare peesai goberment helped?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of them have also been robbed blind (30% income tax plus 15% HST go figure) to provide the care to the leaches.

The rich should not be forced to pay for the poor.
The govt should not be using other people's money to do charity n buy votes or we will end up disaster like US and Europe.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual. Retarded opposition supporting morons are comparing apples with oranges. If SG is like Canada. just dig the fucking ground and have 30% GDP in Oil. U can also have free medical. If SG is like fucking Australia, can just dig the fucking ground for more rocks for 19% mining and related GDP, U can also have free medical. Or if U want to pay 50% income tax and use up all our national reserves and start borrowing from other countries like EU, also can have free medical. Fucking Dumb Asses talking out of their collective dicks. Doesn't think where they money comes from. We don't grow money on trees last I checked

Rambutan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already answered. BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT TO PAY TAXES TO FUND THE MEDICAL BILLS OF FUCKING LOSERS LIKE YOU!!!!!!!

Like I say, your comprehension skills put you in the unenviable position of having to demand handouts. :biggrin:

Hello, wonder what car you drive now. If you drive a Cat B COE car, will you be paying $9,300 every year for the next 10 years if you need to get a new Cat B replacement COE now, assuming you intend to continue driving a Cat B car?

$9,300 for a worthless piece of shxt. Isn't that a kind of tax?

I hope your comprehension skill is good enough to understand this.

Please, no screaming and vulgarities required. Thank you.