• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who says that our MRT is packed?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wait till you take the peak hour train in Tokyo!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoTPs_NgW2w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoTPs_NgW2w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:biggrin::biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh, you wanna compare japan.. Japan has human rights.. SInkieland have or not? I think comparing North Korea is more suitable.

Another ball-licking PAP loser.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait till you take the peak hour train in Tokyo!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoTPs_NgW2w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoTPs_NgW2w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:biggrin::biggrin:

dont compare selectively.
dont compare with the worst case

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am going to do this if no netizen is going to do:

Take 3 mins of video a MRT / Bus Inter-Change during peak hour of the crowds. And with still shots put together online.

Get people to circle faces of people in the crowd with different colors, classifying their nationalities. One color for each nation. See eventually how many is Singaporeans. Then ask this GE question:

Where are Singaporeans?

Where is Our Singapore?

Stand up for Singapore? Stand @ where?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've actually been on one of these crowded trains before and the interesting thing was that I'd usually be able to get a seat after a few stops. You see, cities like Tokyo are laid out such that there is a lot of activity going on everywhere, so people get on and off regularly, even though the net number of passengers is still high.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am going to do this if no netizen is going to do:

Take 3 mins of video a MRT / Bus Inter-Change during peak hour of the crowds. And with still shots put together online.

Get people to circle faces of people in the crowd with different colors, classifying their nationalities. One color for each nation. See eventually how many is Singaporeans. Then ask this GE question:

Where are Singaporeans?

Where is Our Singapore?

Stand up for Singapore? Stand @ where?

Then you post youtube video of PRC / Japan / Taiwan / HK / Malaysian / Korean trains stations and compare it out.

UNIQUELY SINGAPORE - WHERE'R SINGAPOREANS?

Are THEY Singaporean? Is this Singapore? See for yourself and ask yourself!

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just go and take a trin at Jurong East during peak houirs ....:o

You cannot find room to fart let alone sit .... so many FTs already here and 1 or 2 million pouring in soon ......:mad:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U can actually tell a Singaporean Chinese, Singaporean Malay, Singaporean Indian from a Chinaman, an Indon/Malaysian Mat or India Indian by Skin color? WOW!!!!!!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then you post youtube video of PRC / Japan / Taiwan / HK / Malaysian / Korean trains stations and compare it out. [/COLOR]

Actually other then Taiwan, it's a bad idea to post the others, they are generally just as cowded. Should compare with Taiwan(more specifically Kaoshiung), Bangkok and Dubai, those are rather empty

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually other then Taiwan, it's a bad idea to post the others, they are generally just as cowded. Should compare with Taiwan(more specifically Kaoshiung), Bangkok and Dubai, those are rather empty

I think that there's not much point to compare. USA and Canada got many cities with subway systems. I've never experienced or heard of any over-crowding. They have huge lands for roads and cheap car prices.

The Tokyo problem is about parking costs in the city. You see so many Japs jamming up the already multi-line system, I can tell you most of them actually own cars at their homes in the outskirts. They can afford to buy but can't afford to drive to work; parking is higher than their salaries.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You cannot find room to fart let alone sit .... so many FTs already here and 1 or 2 million pouring in soon ......:mad:

hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. honest, jurong east interchange can be some death trap with the overloading of human traffic on the platform.
3. especially when one or more trains are delayed.
4. you don't only get humans but also smell too.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that there's not much point to compare. USA and Canada got many cities with subway systems. I've never experienced or heard of any over-crowding. They have huge lands for roads and cheap car prices.

The Tokyo problem is about parking costs in the city. You see so many Japs jamming up the already multi-line system, I can tell you most of them actually own cars at their homes in the outskirts. They can afford to buy but can't afford to drive to work; parking is higher than their salaries.

Where u pull this from? Out of your arse? :rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where u pull this from?

You go ask a Jap junior exec to park his car in his office building where he works for 8 hours a day and 20 working days a month. Or try to ask him take taxi to and fro work for the same period. Then check his salary slip at the end of the month.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I can't say for US or Canada but generally speaking every single major city I've been to in Asia and Europe, the trains are pretty packed although I have to admit, ours will probably be on the higher end of that scale.

It's not just cost of parking, Parking space is close to impossible to find. Even the major shopping areas don't have a lot of parking space. Actually only pple living outside the major cities generally own cars, those living in Tokyo/Osaka including those living in the suburbs. Generally practically everyone living in the countryside have their own cars, a lot of them also have their own "farms". It's interesting to visit their villages. Can find small patches of rice fields everywhere.

You go ask a Jap junior exec to park his car in his office building where he works for 8 hours a day and 20 working days a month. Or try to ask him take taxi to and fro work for the same period. Then check his salary slip at the end of the month.

Taxi ride from Narita Airport to Downtown Tokyo is about SGD$200+++(about 70km) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Shanghainese colleague visiting back in Sept.

Peak Hour at Tanjong Pagar MRT
Me: Now is peak hour, we'll be lucky to be able to get on the first train

Train arrives, everyone squeezed in

PRC Colleague: Like that consider crowded? Not that bad what.

LOL!!!!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is the NATIONALITY proportion between Local / FT I was talking about - comparing SG vs elsewhere. The contrast will show up.

Crowded-ness not need to compare, the density of population figure tells it all, we are the world's highest.:wink: Then you can further show that the PAp is doing a bad job, by taking the world' top 3 density of population cities and work out their average length of rail per SQkm to clearly compare the train coverage. FORMULA: The total length of rail in city divided by the total area of city. That is sure enough to show famiLEE LEEgime doing a poor job to give coverage of train service in red dot. The area & rail length data can be obtained from maps.google.com :wink:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the NATIONALITY proportion between Local / FT I was talking about - comparing SG vs elsewhere. The contrast will show up.

Crowded-ness not need to compare, the density of population figure tells it all, we are the world's highest.:wink: Then you can further show that the PAp is doing a bad job, by taking the world' top 3 density of population cities and work out their average length of rail per SQkm to clearly compare the train coverage. FORMULA: The total length of rail in city divided by the total area of city. That is sure enough to show famiLEE LEEgime doing a poor job to give coverage of train service in red dot. The area & rail length data can be obtained from maps.google.com :wink:

I seriously wonder if U know what U are talking about. We are not even in the top 50 densest city in the world. U can promote us to top 3? WOW!!!!!(Top 50 densest cities in the world)

Forgot to add, even if it's by Densest Cities proper, we still outside top 30

I wonder if you're using the same super power that allows U to differentiate between Singaporean Chinese, Singaporean Malay, Singaporean Indian from a Chinaman, an Indon/Malaysian Mat or India Indian by Skin color

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shanghainese colleague visiting back in Sept.

Peak Hour at Tanjong Pagar MRT
Me: Now is peak hour, we'll be lucky to be able to get on the first train

Train arrives, everyone squeezed in

PRC Colleague: Like that consider crowded? Not that bad what.

LOL!!!!

Tokyo has above 32 m. population.
Shanghai has above 16 m. population.