• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wayne Bridge reject John Terry's handshake on live football match

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHq5PM0aFqI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dHq5PM0aFqI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

After a week of speculation, Wayne Bridge WASN'T ready to forgive John Terry ahead of Manchester City's match against Chelsea.

The player avoided shaking hands with the Chelsea captain, following weeks of allegations of an affair between Terry and Bridge's ex-girlfriend.

The scandal resulted in John Terry's England captaincy being removed and Wayne Bridge taking himself out of the running for a place in England's World Cup squad.

England boss Fabio Capello confirmed to Sky News that it isn't all over for Wayne Bridge and the England squad.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
read sum reports earlier dat sum of his team-mates were supportif of him n wud oso reject ah john's hand ...

purposely watched tis opening last nite ... n was disappointed dat no others did so ... :(

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowaday man really have NO Dignity. cannot even request that the woman he marry must be a virgin. wrost still now woman some time let ther husband wear green cap.

I support WB, he defense what man last line of dignity.
i do not need a virgin but please don't cheat on me.

Where is man dignity???

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In personal life, it's about dignity. On the football field, it's about sportsmanship, and at this level, the highest professional sportsmanship. Bridge should shake hands with Terry, even though making it clear that all's not forgiven. Bridge shouldn't have withdrawn from the England squad too.

jw5

Loyal
In personal life, it's about dignity. On the football field, it's about sportsmanship, and at this level, the highest professional sportsmanship. Bridge should shake hands with Terry, even though making it clear that all's not forgiven. Bridge shouldn't have withdrawn from the England squad too.
I don't think Bridge should have rejected the England call up, but he has every right to reject Terry's handshake, or to have anything to do with him. Too much is made of the sportsmanship "going through the motions" actions. If a sportsman betrays his team-mate, he does not deserve to be treated like a sportsman.
Some people think that Terry only had an affair so what's the big deal. but that would be true if he only had an affair with woman X. The point is that he betrayed the trust of a team mate and close friend.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowaday man really have NO Dignity. cannot even request that the woman he marry must be a virgin. wrost still now woman some time let ther husband wear green cap.

You are spot on ! You're a handful few that I know who are able to 'connect' a man's dignity with a woman's virginity.

Worse still, when you harbour the wish that the woman you're going to marry is a virgin, you get fucked left right by all the male friends around you.

To date, I'm still amazed by some of the reasons put forward.

Nobody will fuck you left right if you state your discrimination against fat girls or ugly piggies. But if you state your preference for a chaste woman, you get fucked left right for all the strange reasons from a piece of membrane to lofty talks about LOVE.

Yes, you're right. You don't have the right to demand that your wife be a virgin before she marries you.

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most footballers are bad role models. In fact, if they didn't play football for a living, chances are they would be small-time thugs.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As the saying goes, football is a gentlemen's game played by hooligans, and rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen.