• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Washing Machines

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Send clothes to laundry mart lah...why wash yourself

Well I have maid to wash la however if back from long trip and too much dirty clothes will ask her to send for washing.

This is the only washing machine you'll ever need.

1782992.jpg

Laksaboy, no need to tempt me, believe me, I've already got one of this for myself in the province liao.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
LG also has front loading washing machine and come with dryer function too..

I am a believer of separating dryer and washer, if one breaks down the other still function. Oh I used to even have a set of Hoover dryer sitting on top of the washer and dryers seems to last forever. So now I have the Bosch dryer sitting on top of the washer, this set I brought from Singapore to Bangkok, honestly I rarely use the dryer now in Bangkok as maid takes care of the sunning and of course Bangkok is a very sunny place. Only use dryer when in a hurry like if I need to turn around clothes from one trip to another. My advise get a separate unit.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I am a believer of separating dryer and washer, if one breaks down the other still function. Oh I used to even have a set of Hoover dryer sitting on top of the washer and dryers seems to last forever. So now I have the Bosch dryer sitting on top of the washer, this set I brought from Singapore to Bangkok, honestly I rarely use the dryer now in Bangkok as maid takes care of the sunning and of course Bangkok is a very sunny place. Only use dryer when in a hurry like if I need to turn around clothes from one trip to another. My advise get a separate unit.

try Maytag froggie ...just as good

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
try Maytag froggie ...just as good

Again this brand is not available in Thailand, know this when my Maytag fridge that I brought over got some problem last year and looking for agent cannot find.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Again this brand is not available in Thailand, know this when my Maytag fridge that I brought over got some problem last year and looking for agent cannot find.
i used a samsung....so cant help u much...sorry froggie

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I thought I saw a Maytag washing machine being sold at Power Mall at Siam Paragon.:confused:
It is a very big store with an impressive impressive range of electrical goods: ovens, washing machines, refrigerators, HiFi, TVs, ... etc. They also have a branch in Pattaya.

I have a Maytag refrigerator in Spore & the new agent no longer brings in new models. However they can still service it. While the Maytag refrigerators are no longer available, their washing machines are still avalable.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at one time i have 5 pairs of washers and dryers. now down to 3 pairs. can't explain why i have so many, but i don't use them for money laundering. all kinds of make and brand, including a pair of front-loading compact ones for a tight space. german brands are the best in terms of durability. my front-loading bosch pair is still working. only pet peeve is i have to turn dryer off totally after the cycle. otherwise, it's not totally off and continues to tumble occasionally once in 5 minutes or so. imagine going on a 2-week vacation, and that german robot is still awake, using up unnecessary power. wish it cums with an intruder alarm. :eek: :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
1782992.jpg

at one time i have 5 pairs of washers and dryers. now down to 3 pairs. can't explain why i have so many, but i don't use them for money laundering. all kinds of make and brand, including a pair of front-loading compact ones for a tight space. german brands are the best in terms of durability. my front-loading bosch pair is still working. only pet peeve is i have to turn dryer off totally after the cycle. otherwise, it's not totally off and continues to tumble occasionally once in 5 minutes or so. imagine going on a 2-week vacation, and that german robot is still awake, using up unnecessary power. wish it cums with an intruder alarm. :eek: :p

Fine suggestion by laksaboy, get one of this model above that comes with a pair of . . . no need so many pairs of your machines.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello [joetys],

For the past decade, I have been using a Maytag front loading washer (about 7 cu ft) and Maytag dryer (about 4.5 cu ft).
No problems and no repairs.
Not sure where it was made (USA, Mexico or Germany?)

My first front loading Maytag washer cost me about CdN$2,000

A long time ago, I used a Maytag top loading.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fine suggestion by laksaboy, get one of this model above that comes with a pair of . . . no need so many pairs of your machines.

agree. but first, must learn to do rear unlatching and then wide open front loading. the violent and vibrational spin cycle is the most anticipated and favorite rotation. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hello [joetys],

For the past decade, I have been using a Maytag front loading washer (about 7 cu ft) and Maytag dryer (about 4.5 cu ft).
No problems and no repairs.
Not sure where it was made (USA, Mexico or Germany?)

My first front loading Maytag washer cost me about CdN$2,000

A long time ago, I used a Maytag top loading.

Always have good impression of Maytag as I love their refrigerators. Now is my second one been running for 10 years and only recently got someone to come fill up gas. As said before unfortunately it's not available here I not will like to replace with new model. Not have any Maytag washer before but since Johnny said he'd seem in Power Mall looks like there is hope now.

agree. but first, must learn to do rear unlatching and then wide open front loading. the violent and vibrational spin cycle is the most anticipated and favorite rotation. :p

corny as usual

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to give you a few models and prices, for comparison:

This is Boxing Week prices for Home Depot in Toronto:

Maytag 5 cu ft Steam Washer, and 77.4 cu ft Steam Dryer (pair), model MHW6000AG and model YMED6000AG, Cdn $1,595

Maytag 4.7 cu ft washer and 7.4 cu ft dryer (pair), model MHW3000BW and model YMED3000BW Cdn $1,395

Samsung 4.1 cu ft steam washer and 7.3 cu ft steam dryer, model WF365BTBGSF and model DV365ETBGSF Cdn $1,295

LG 5 cu ft steam washer and 7.4 cu ft steam dryer, model WM3650HVA and model DLEX3650V Cdn $1,595

The prices appear reasonable.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought an Electrolux about 3 months ago for $$799 at Parisilk Sembawang. Not too bad so far. Here we also have American brands too.

GE top load 10kg washing machines used continuously for 14 years trouble free, until shift house
gave the GE washing machine away! It's a damn good machine made to last!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rear unlatching and then wide open front loading. the violent and vibrational spin cycle is the most anticipated and favorite rotation. :p
joetys said:
get one of this model above that comes with a pair of . . . need so many pairs of your machines
Put in another way, the live version is good for dry cleaning ...of our anatomy's excesses (front loading). New meaning to daily bodily ablutions:p

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't buy.
i had one
clothes NEVER dry like a stand alone dryer

Oh yeah 2-in-1 washer dryer is like that, this one can dry but only for very little load and whole cycle very long duration like more than 4 hours. So it is not good for daily use indeed, just a good to have feature for once in a while use. I used to have another another brand Turbo 2-in-1 also the same cannot dry well...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh you prefer separate washer dryer, not sure but probably LG also have just front loading washing machine without dryer function. I bought mine 6 years ago already but not for my own use so far it is still in working condition but dryer rarely used. The main good thing of 2-in-1 dryer is when there is space constraint and dryer function is just good to have feature. Before this LG, I used Turbo brand for 7 years before breakdown, also a 2-in-1 washer dryer. One thing good about LG is it looks nice and the capacity is quite big 8 kg washing and 4 kg drying and price is attractive. One particular good feature that I recall about the LG machine is the door can open fully 180 degrees (unlike the Turbo one) so you can take clothes out from the side easily if no space to stand infront of the machine.

Last edited: