• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Washing Machines

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes my Maytag fridge is great too. Problem in Thailand brands are limited.

I was initially interested in another Electrolux model which a salesman recommended. He said get a model that is manual as it last longer. Those electronically controlled Koreans and other brand machines will last only as long as their electronics. Just like good mechanical watches, electronic watches will not last.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH, (or Bosch and Siemens Household Appliances, BSH) is the largest manufacturer of home appliances in Europe and one of the leading companies in the sector worldwide. The group stemmed from a joint venture set up in 1967 between Robert Bosch GmbH (Stuttgart) and Siemens AG (Munich) and posted annual sales of 9,8[SUP][2][/SUP] billion Euros in the year 2012. Today, BSH operates 42 factories in 13 countries in Europe, the USA, Latin America and Asia. Together with a global network of sales and customer service firms, the BSH conglomerate today is made up of about 70 companies in 50 countries, with a total workforce of close to 47,000 people.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP]
The BSH product range covers a wide spectrum. It includes large home appliances for cooking, dishwashing, laundry (washing and drying), refrigeration and freezing, as well as a multitude of small appliances, such as fully automatic espresso machines, floor care and hot water appliances (consumer products).
[h=2]BSH Brands[edit][/h]
No idea. But its going for bloody S$1.5k to S$2.4k this is rediculous cos in Singapore it's less than S$1k. My Bosch is Maxx 1200 I remembered it was only like $800 before.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am still using this model ...
2011_01_02_archive.html

Simi? I never see anything...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sapa is snowing. Really nice weather. Went there before? Should give it a try if you have the chance.

Only been to HCMC like 5 times. Vietgals boobs very nice I think most nice in SEAsia but looks still not up to standard and also language funny sial.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
May I ask you if its not too much to ask if your Electrolux is made in Thailand, they have a big factory here. There is one Electrolux that I am eying, a 8kg model EWF 10842 that costs S$780.

View attachment 13509
when i bought my machine, i was told better to by actual made in germany or france etc rather than the Europeean brand made in asia....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had to replace by 10 year old top load Fischer Paykel after it broke down. Bought an Electrolux front load. After using it for a couple of months, I find that I am unhappy with it.

Prefer a top load because I don't have to bend down when putting in/taking out washing. The F&P units have a 1,000rpm spin dry speed & it helps with the drying. Can stuff more washing into a top load unit easier than a front load. I'm worried about the longevity of a front load because the door mechanism is more complicated than a top load. The F&P units had a setting for a wash that could be completed under less 1 hour while on the electrolux the minimum wash time is longer.

The F&P brand is available in LOS. Should take a look at even though it is now made in Thailand & not in NZ.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Speaking of washing machines how come all the dryer cum washer 2 in 1 machines don't really seem to work too well. I stayed in a nice hotel and they had this type of washing/dryer machine and it couldn't dry the fucking thing dry enough. Same in the other hotel.

This brand is teka a german brand

5Fsrk56.jpg

jjRH6xl.jpg

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can google for reviews. One of the limitations is that you can only dry half the wash load. So every wash has to be divvied into two drying loads. The other thing is dont expect yr clothes to dry as in the sun. They are usually still a little undry to the touch, but it is ok.

Speaking of washing machines how come all the dryer cum washer 2 in 1 machines don't really seem to work too well. I stayed in a nice hotel and they had this type of washing/dryer machine and it couldn't dry the fucking thing dry enough. Same in the other hotel.

This brand is teka a german brand

5Fsrk56.jpg

jjRH6xl.jpg

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS,

Do they have Whirlpool there? There's one that is top loading but it is actually designed with a vertical drum as in front loaders. Such designs wash better, dry better as they are capable of higher speeds. The vertical drum design also makes the machine more compact and can fit into a narrower space. Also more economical on water.

Speaking from experience.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Bosch finally went kaput recently after 9 years. Like this brand as previous machine is also the same. Unfortunately its not available here in Thailand. Only common Japanese and Korean brands and Electrulux and Seimens are available. I only like front loading. Any recommendation?

LG also has front loading washing machine and come with dryer function too..

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Bosch finally went kaput recently after 9 years. Like this brand as previous machine is also the same. Unfortunately its not available here in Thailand. Only common Japanese and Korean brands and Electrulux and Seimens are available. I only like front loading. Any recommendation?

front loading often got leaking issue.the rubber retention tends to harden after times

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I had used expensive brands like Brandt or Thomson.......... but nothing beats Samsung

I'm using a Samsung front loader now, it's been 5 years, still working well. Happy with it. So now since my Bosch is down only using this, sigh.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I had to replace by 10 year old top load Fischer Paykel after it broke down. Bought an Electrolux front load. After using it for a couple of months, I find that I am unhappy with it.

Prefer a top load because I don't have to bend down when putting in/taking out washing. The F&P units have a 1,000rpm spin dry speed & it helps with the drying. Can stuff more washing into a top load unit easier than a front load. I'm worried about the longevity of a front load because the door mechanism is more complicated than a top load. The F&P units had a setting for a wash that could be completed under less 1 hour while on the electrolux the minimum wash time is longer.

The F&P brand is available in LOS. Should take a look at even though it is now made in Thailand & not in NZ.

front loading often got leaking issue.the rubber retention tends to harden after times

I've been using front loader for past 20 years, so I am too used to it. Also I've never experienced water leakage from the rubber seal. So far the brands I've used are Electrolux, Bosch, Samsung. I'd lke to try LG one day cos its like the most popular brand in USA but someone told me the LGs there the motor is better than the ones in Asia and of course th emodels are different too.