• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vikram Nair's u-turn

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
VN is such a good speaker... Every time he opens his mouth... he wins votes... He must continue talking... and talk more

Last edited:

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget it, u must be the worst PAP IB I have ever come across. U come across as a total weasel and bozo. U boss should sack a useless IB like u before more damage is done.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am of the opinion that WP adopted a moral high ground by starting from MP up approach and they should have followed it through by proposing a bolder lower figure marked up from the MP's starting pay. That could have brought them closer to the international scale and they would not look so sheepish now and still leave enough gap from the C'ttee's figure for future debate in 2016 and looked good as the Opposition. Now they have closed the doors on the matter.

Some said that WP should be taken to task for changing their formula to peg it to civil servants pay - actually I do find that alright because any country's minister's salaries take the cue of the pay of the average man on the street, including the civil servant, so it is not such a big shift of "international standards" and could have been covered away. However, proposing that Singapore minister's pay remain high makes WP's new formula very glaringly different from the "international standards" it promised in its manifesto. An unwitting own goal.

Last edited:

dumbz

Like I said, I don't have to be precise. It was close, similar, same whatever - the key issue was that he was trying to paint the impression that the WP agreed with PAP not the other way round. You watched the debate and saw that VN stood up after GG had presented the paper and said "Isn't that close/similar" - what picture was that painting.

HELLO? Either you did not watch the whole video or you have a poor level of understanding. Vikram nair wasn't trying to paint a picture that wp agrees with the pap instead of opposing. He was trying to paint the picture that WP opposes for the sake of opposing. Because GG said WP is unhappy. And Vikram told him about the calculations which is about same and asked him so why is wp unhappy? Then GG stuttered dumbly and said they are unhappy because the way of calculation the committee used is different. Siao

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
HELLO? Either you did not watch the whole video or you have a poor level of understanding. Vikram nair wasn't trying to paint a picture that wp agrees with the pap instead of opposing. He was trying to paint the picture that WP opposes for the sake of opposing. Because GG said WP is unhappy. And Vikram told him about the calculations which is about same and asked him so why is wp unhappy? Then GG stuttered dumbly and said they are unhappy because the way of calculation the committee used is different. Siao

The problem is, those WP supporters are not people who comprehend and think one. They will get angry wrongly or over nothing. They don't think.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not impressed by Vikram's approach to WP MPs but only because he takes to the old trick of distorting his opponent's position then attack the distorted position. Otherwise, as a PAP MP, I don't expect them to carry WP's position sky high.

What I am unimpressed with is now his u-turn on his approach.

Many PAP MPs have done the same and apologised later as well, which means that if he was more observant, he would have seen that there are precedences. The fact is he is doing so after the precedences creates suspect that he was merely trying to attract attention and has lack of acumen.

Be patient with that Nair guy.

Its the effect of the cadaver water whcih he drank that make him behave like that, otherwise (if he is normal) it would be very un-becoming of a lawyer to act in that manner.

Bring shame to the legal proffession and its fraternity.................

Aged55

Left me alone. He is normal now, after taken a double dosage of "Super Corpse Syrut". He need a lot of rest, be prepare for the GE2016 re-election!