• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vikram Nair's u-turn

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oi! I find you rather taxing. What's the diff? You are nit-picking. What collect higher tax if it is not for spending?

You actually need to use the word "spending" is it?

You are weird.

Asking for higher tax is different from asking for more spending.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oi! I find you rather taxing. What's the diff? You are nit-picking. What collect higher tax if it is not for spending?

You actually need to use the word "spending" is it?

You are weird.

she did use the "spending"... see my post above your...

this IB is a fail IB... he doesnt even believe in what he is being paid to do ....
and he is not even up to date about what is goin on

thats why he is doing such a bad job.. I am doing a much better job of whacking CSM...

he doesnt even know what is the problem with CSM so he try to pass off my criticisms as his own....

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read my post again. I said focus didn't I. Can't you read?

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_771944.html[/url]
Tax rich more to fund social spending, says Denise Phua

The rich in Singapore were eyed by Ms Denise Phua (Moulmein-Kallang GRC) on Tuesday as a possible source of funds to pay for increased social spending.

who is the 1 who Can't read?

her focus of taxation is to increase spending...

if please GTFO cause you have been totally expose as a PAP IB.....

you think you are sinking ... but i have already sunk you long ago

this the 4th post where I am asking your boss to give me your job instead.....
maybe you can get a referrer fee for finding a gem like myself....

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point. Then he wanted to sue TOC for saying that he was "taking a dig" at CSM. Is "taking digs" sueable for slander? what type of Indian degree is that?

There is something that I don't understand. Why did Vikram Nair insist that the scheme must pay itself ? The government spent $76 million of our tax money on Bishan Park to make a straight river crooked. Is anybody asking how the money spent will be recouped ?

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said focus yo dummy. can't you read?

The rich in Singapore were eyed by Ms Denise Phua (Moulmein-Kallang GRC) on Tuesday as a possible source of funds to pay for increased social spending.

her focus was increased social spending,.... taxation was only one of the possible source ...defence is another...

this is what you say earlier...

The SDP model is definite nonsense. It calls for a cut of more than 5 billion from defence, increase of corporate tax and introduction of luxury tax, all hallmarks of liberalism.

What happens when there is less stability, less investment and increased unemployment then? SDP propose even more luxury tax to increase the tax base and even less spending on defence?

this is what denise phua say in her speech

Denise Phua Chee Bye said:
Sir, I would like to make five recommendations for DPM's consideration to further improve the Budget provisions:
1. Make Special Employment Credit (SEC) PERMANENT for the Elderly and the Disabled
2. EXPAND the SEC to Cover More Persons with Disabilities (PWDs)
3. Strengthen Singapore's Progressive Nature of the Personal Income Taxation Structure
4. Review Budget Allocation, in particular, Defence
5. Establish an Agency to Focus and Nurture Local Small and Medium Enterprises

I would like to propose 2 ideas to fund the increasing social service expenditures. One, through personal income taxes payable by higher-income wage earners and two, through budget re-allocation, in particular, defence.

4. Review Budget Allocation, in particular, Defence Another suggestion I would like to propose to help fund future social needs is to review the traditional way the Budget is allocated

Sir, defence traditionally consumes the highest proportion of total Government expenditure each year. This year's allocation, for instance, represents 25% of total budget and even sees an increase of 4.3% from last year.

her full speech .... why you so scare to whack her???? still denying you are not PAP IB

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not impressed by Vikram's approach to WP MPs but only because he takes to the old trick of distorting his opponent's position then attack the distorted position. Otherwise, as a PAP MP, I don't expect them to carry WP's position sky high.

What I am unimpressed with is now his u-turn on his approach.

Many PAP MPs have done the same and apologised later as well, which means that if he was more observant, he would have seen that there are precedences. The fact is he is doing so after the precedences creates suspect that he was merely trying to attract attention and has lack of acumen. In fact, I initially thought that he would never u-turn because of the precedences and that he was very confident that he will not end up swallowing his words and actions like the earlier ones.

Personally, I have no issue with any PAP MP firing opposition MPs as long as you have your facts right.

flipping roti prata lah, simi U-turn. he's backing off after realizing his fervent is not sufficient to fuel his political ambition if he cannot get support of his predecessors and peers.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
nope its increasing taxes.

her focus was increased social spending,.... taxation was only one of the possible source ...defence is another...

Denise Phua Chee Bye said:
I would like to propose 2 ideas to fund the increasing social service expenditures. One, through personal income taxes payable by higher-income wage earners and two, through budget re-allocation, in particular, defence.

4. Review Budget Allocation, in particular, Defence Another suggestion I would like to propose to help fund future social needs is to review the traditional way the Budget is allocated

Sir, defence traditionally consumes the highest proportion of total Government expenditure each year. This year's allocation, for instance, represents 25% of total budget and even sees an increase of 4.3% from last year.

this is what you say earlier...

The SDP model is definite nonsense. It calls for a cut of more than 5 billion from defence, increase of corporate tax and introduction of luxury tax, all hallmarks of liberalism.

What happens when there is less stability, less investment and increased unemployment then? SDP propose even more luxury tax to increase the tax base and even less spending on defence?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope, the focus was on raising taxes.

you obviously cant read

so you like higher taxes??? didnt shanmugansay we cant burden the young???

any1 here can see you will be fired soon.... why havent you condemn pap for giving 60k subsidy to the poor???

humji kia...

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
I condemn PAP for 60k subsidy to the poor. So?

must I ask you for it ??? dun you know that I am a much higher ranking IB than you...

the order from PMO is to condemn the renegade Opp MOLE Denise Phua Chee Bye for talking nonsense in parliament....

you better do it now....

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets all be frank here. WP did screw Up with salary debate. It was not a fluke that the figures became close. The PAP more or less knew WP would not ask for drastic cuts because of their non-confrontational approah and guessed right. The committee must have known WP position during representation porocess. It was a major tactical error by the WP. No point sugar-coating it. I am sure that GG being a gentleman would agree. He is also new. It will certainly temper the WP to be smarter, stronger and more wily in such sensitive matters going forward. A valuable lesson.

Good point esp bold. Which leads me to think how WP manifesto, which said it would benchmark minister pay to international standards, still came up with salaries higher than international standards and still keeps Singapore ministers still highest paid in the world.

Some said that WP should be taken to task for changing their formula to peg it to civil servants pay - actually I do find that alright because any country's minister's salaries take the cue of the pay of the average man on the street, including the civil servant, so it is not such a big shift of "international standards" and could have been covered away. However, proposing that Singapore minister's pay remain high makes WP's new formula very glaringly different from the "international standards" it promised in its manifesto. An unwitting own goal.