• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

View from the other side - Jakarta Post on the warship naming issue

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Past like this always present good news to Singaporeans knowing LKY the bully past history with the neighbours which was sweep under the carpet and controlled msm LKY shitty Times.

Let' see how no stamina old fart LHL can handle this issue. Will he be hiding for some times:

1. Waiting for instructions, as usual,

2. Blur sotong incompetent don't know what to do?

There are always two sides to every story. As usual, SPH only reports on the side which fits their political (PAP) agenda.
It is rather sad that something as innocuous as the naming of Indonesian war ships after two terrorist (marines) has led to pretty serious deterioration in bilateral relations.

There is only one loser in this game of tit for tat brinksmanship...and it's not Indonesia.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
If regional conflict ever breaks out Singapore will stand to lose. Best to use the defense budget to appease Indon generals through bribes or marathon KTV sessions :biggrin:

wholly agree..... so sinkapore better guaiguai and just swallow it up....

anymore shouting by so the so called "patriots" in this forum are just gonna cause more trouble from a giant like Indonesia./...

we need them more than they need us....if they cut gas and food u see where thye fuck you are gonna get anything and whether the malaysians will be your brothers then.... who knows the americans might just runroad and go back to the Clarke and Subic airbases.........

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Past like this always present good news to Singaporeans knowing LKY the bully past history with the neighbours which was sweep under the carpet and controlled msm LKY shitty Times.

Let' see how no stamina old fart LHL can handle this issue. Will he be hiding for some times:

or both???

(hiding under the table waiting for Ho Ching to come home )

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This case means nothing to me. I have no relation to any of those who were hurt at the time it happened, neither do I care for the soldiers who were hung for their deeds. I just happen to have The Jakarta Post in my internet listing and read it. Thought I'd post another view in here. I myself carry no views on what Indonesia wants to name their war vessels.

Just a thought crossed my mind - this act (of bombing) was carried out during Konfrontasi. If so, it was President Sukarno who was top dog in Indonesia. Suharto came into power when? 1968? Were these soldiers still alive or hung yet? Was any consideration given to return them to Indonesia after Suharto came into power considering that the act was done under orders by a different regime? Its all in the past now, but could anything be done to alleviate things when Suharto became president?

Cheers!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This case means nothing to me. I have no relation to any of those who were hurt at the time it happened, neither do I care for the soldiers who were hung for their deeds. I just happen to have The Jakarta Post in my internet listing and read it. Thought I'd post another view in here. I myself carry no views on what Indonesia wants to name their war vessels.

Just a thought crossed my mind - this act (of bombing) was carried out during Konfrontasi. If so, it was President Sukarno who was top dog in Indonesia. Suharto came into power when? 1968? Were these soldiers still alive or hung yet? Was any consideration given to return them to Indonesia after Suharto came into power considering that the act was done under orders by a different regime? Its all in the past now, but could anything be done to alleviate things when Suharto became president?

Cheers!

Bros here can correct me if I have the facts wrong.. Suharto as President did made a request to the then PAP Govt for a life sentence on the 2 commandos instead of hanging them.. LKY and co rejected the request..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One interesting account of the Confrontasi which I read from the Tunku Abdul Rahman's autobiography as a student..

During the heights of the conflict, Tunku was invited to a British warship berthed in northern Malaya..

There were a number of senior British Navy officers onboard the ship.. Knowing Tunku's weakness for liquor, they indulged him with the finest whisky on a hot afternoon..

Talks were cordial until the British officers asked the Tunku whether he would like the British Navy to attack Indonesia.. They just need a word of Yes from him to for the mission to be carried out.. Tunku knew that the British Govt was behind all this and thats the main reason why they invited him to that ship that day..

Tunku being wise and still sober, politely rejected the offers of the British navy commanders to attack Indonesia for fear of further angering Sukarno and worsening the already strained ties between Malaysia and Indonesia..

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro tanwahtiu,

Please do not associate me with that chow ah gua pinky. :mad: :(

Thank you! :smile:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they got caught spying, and committing sabotage and mayhem and in the ensuing carnage killed 2 civilians.... and they got caught and executed.....
so there ... justice dealt swiftly....if indonesia choose to honour them now, then Indonesia felt that what they were doing then was the correct thing since they were looking to hammer the Israelis hiding in Sg as part of their just cause.....

the last thing SG wanna do now is to wade into this nonsense because the Indonesians were probably baiting those dumbasses in the MFA after the massive expose on their fucking sneaky tactics that enabled the australians to spy on them.

that is not a very neighbourly thing to do...... its kinda like someone sends his dogs to poo in your garden and you swing a garden rake and smashes the little bastards dead....then after that you decided that you allow your pervy other neighbour to climb on your fence to go take a peep at the dead dog's owner's teenage daughter whilst shes showering......

and you want what again??? justice???

SMLJ lor......

Seriously, as much as i label the the 2 indon as spies and deserved to be executed for their deeds, i dun really care how and wat TNI names its warship. It just like the koreans and chinese built an memorial for the korean patriot who murder the jap ex PM.

The whole issue now is only being push by certain member of the cabinet, the keling in charge of MFA is very quiet over the whole issue. It only the two ex generals kpkb in their facebook and cancel meeting like small kids. Look like the cabinet didnt really discuss aboutnit before making noises by the two greenhorns. If they(pap) is using the issue to promote unity among citizens, then they are playing with fire. All along spore is using the south to counter balance against the north, so now burn bridges on both side, they really think life too easily, so need some excitments.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Americans name their ships after battles in Vietnam, British name their army units after battles where the other side lost, no complaints from the losers.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both doing their job. To their own country they are heros. Here they are villains. As simple as that.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The confrontation was between the Brits & the Indonesians.

I have had discussions with some older Indonesians & they saw it as a case of Indonesia trying to help the people of Spore against the Brits.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
One interesting account of the Confrontasi which I read from the Tunku Abdul Rahman's autobiography as a student..

During the heights of the conflict, Tunku was invited to a British warship berthed in northern Malaya..

There were a number of senior British Navy officers onboard the ship.. Knowing Tunku's weakness for liquor, they indulged him with the finest whisky on a hot afternoon..

Talks were cordial until the British officers asked the Tunku whether he would like the British Navy to attack Indonesia.. They just need a word of Yes from him to for the mission to be carried out.. Tunku knew that the British Govt was behind all this and thats the main reason why they invited him to that ship that day..

Tunku being wise and still sober, politely rejected the offers of the British navy commanders to attack Indonesia for fear of further angering Sukarno and worsening the already strained ties between Malaysia and Indonesia..

wow interesting account

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the whole world does not revolved around sinkieland..

the fucking PAP do not understand this??? Indonesia own them a living is it?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If regional conflict ever breaks out Singapore will stand to lose. Best to use the defense budget to appease Indon generals through bribes or marathon KTV sessions :biggrin:

Singapore will not lose.
It is the Stinkapore PAP fuckturds that will lose. Singaporeans have other countries to help them destroy all the PAP bastards cockroaches and maggots

EVERYONE OF THOSE PAP MUST DIE, EITHER BY BULLETS OR BY PIANO WIRE

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
best thing to do now, is just shut up and let the whole episode blow over
don't try to be smart and blow up the whole issue
Indon just need to block the shipping lanes and we are doomed
not sure if they can also affect the air traffic

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indonesia is one of the SEA countries with the bloodiest history of nation building. Yet out of thousands of martyrs they decided to choose 2 NCOs who carried out foreign bombing mission of soft targets... you guys decide if this is acceptable or not...

There are millions of name to choose from yet the Indon prefer to choose the terrorists
that bomb SG! it can name after the Blind President I see nothing! "Gus Du" or Su kar No"

SukarNo the one who want to destroy SG!!

Any way we are just a little red dot how to fight Indon??
Indon will treat SG like a little silly boy who did not get the ice cream!!
And cry daddy ~~!!

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are millions of name to choose from yet the Indon prefer to choose the terrorists
that bomb SG! it can name after the Blind President I see nothing! "Gus Du" or Su kar No"

SukarNo the one who want to destroy SG!!

Any way we are just a little red dot how to fight Indon??
Indon will treat SG like a little silly boy who did not get the ice cream!!
And cry daddy ~~!!

People have the right to choose any name they like. Who are you to say what name they can or cannot use.
So immature.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just difference of opinion .
To the PAP all these Pinoys, PRC's and Indians (from India) are TALENTS.
To many locals suffering without jobs, ridiculous mortgage payments, high prices, these scums are TRASH.

So what happened? 60% still vote for them!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
i tot pinkie detest lynch mobs.... how come so many ministars tried to voice and some who beri the kaypoh ones like ms vivian chue tut lan.