• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

View from the other side - Jakarta Post on the warship naming issue

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
nahbeh, spoil my appetite, spoil my plans ...spoil everything...

a dead issue suddenly becomes so alive!!! damned it!!!!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indonesia has the largest economy in SEA, with the growing middle class that will drive the demand for SEA economy for years to come.

its part of the MINT nations, now in vogue after the BRIC. Whereas Singapore- used to be known as Asian Four Dragons are now reaching a plateau.

For many years, we have benefited and prospered due largely to Indon's inefficiencies / bureaucracy...but with the rising middle income and better education / more Westernised Indon population, this will change. And Singapore is in jeopardy

Just like the recent act of 'uninvite' Indon from Aerospace - its quite a childish act. The largest airplane market will be Indon, China and India respectively.

And airplane companies are eager to use Aeropsace to do business..even if Indon don't come, they will hop over to Jarkarta anyway...

SIN-JKT is the busiest route in SEA and a milk cow for SIA and scores of other airlines.

Its SIN to lose much more to allow this to spill over. Indon has nothing to lose, they don't need us.

And deep inside them, they don't like Chinese....we are stoking fire..with the largest Muslim country in the world in terms of population.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is no fun lah...hope it will blow over ......we should not invoke the dead...........

1551557_496836677091967_1963697004_n.jpg

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indonesia has the largest economy in SEA, with the growing middle class that will drive the demand for SEA economy for years to come.

its part of the MINT nations, now in vogue after the BRIC. Whereas Singapore- used to be known as Asian Four Dragons are now reaching a plateau.

For many years, we have benefited and prospered due largely to Indon's inefficiencies / bureaucracy...but with the rising middle income and better education / more Westernised Indon population, this will change. And Singapore is in jeopardy

Just like the recent act of 'uninvite' Indon from Aerospace - its quite a childish act. The largest airplane market will be Indon, China and India respectively.

And airplane companies are eager to use Aeropsace to do business..even if Indon don't come, they will hop over to Jarkarta anyway...

SIN-JKT is the busiest route in SEA and a milk cow for SIA and scores of other airlines.

Its SIN to lose much more to allow this to spill over. Indon has nothing to lose, they don't need us.

And deep inside them, they don't like Chinese....we are stoking fire..with the largest Muslim country in the world in terms of population.

We have been brought up knowing this very well. WTF is happening now???

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really don't like the smell of it. I hope DPM would go over and smoke peace pipe. Just like GCT shaking hands with Habibie after the little red dot remark.....come on!!!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although I was too young to remember the events from the 1960's, with respect, sometimes, acceding to the Indonesian's request at that time, and return the two Indonesian Marines to Indonesia may win more points and goodwill, than executing them. There as nothing to gain from executing the two Indonesian Marines.

I also believe that the current "protest" against their naming of the navy ship, is unnecessary.

I prefer the middle ground, i.e. change to life sentence. It is more embarrassing to execute them first and subsequently having to beg down by presenting a wreath at a grand ceremony, as compared to changing from hanging to life sentence - a compromise to their request. By so doing, they would have created another opportunity to give another goodwill if they accede to transferring them to Indo "prison" in later years when the need arise.

I am of the view that the current protest is more domestic politics. A form of distraction for the coming election and we just play along. Those small kids are not so dumb to the extent of using those harsh words against Indo.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer the middle ground, i.e. change to life sentence. It is more embarrassing to execute them first and subsequently having to beg down by presenting a wreath at a grand ceremony, as compared to changing from hanging to life sentence - a compromise to their request. By so doing, they would have created another opportunity to give another goodwill if they accede to transferring them to Indo "prison" in later years when the need arise.

LKY created the mess lah.

I am of the view that the current protest is more domestic politics. A form of distraction for the coming election and we just play along. Those small kids are not so dumb to the extent of using those harsh words against Indo.

But the goondus pick the wrong country ...if they pick Thailand or Mudland, it wouldn't be that bad. Instead, the goondus pick on the Indons. I hope the Indons will teach the goondus a lesson.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal

we had been playing such games in the past - with malaysia too....battle cries and all
i think it's time we mature and stop playing games
crying wolf one day may turn out to be damaging and destructive to us ordinary singaporeans...

i have to put a halt to my plans to expand....wtf!!!
wtf lah!!!!

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY created the mess lah.

But the goondus pick the wrong country ...if they pick Thailand or Mudland, it wouldn't be that bad. Instead, the goondus pick on the Indons. I hope the Indons will teach the goondus a lesson.

I thought the whole episode was over when LKY went and lay a wreath to respect the heroes.
Now it has been resurrected to stir some shit?

Wayang I hope.....but this wayang can turn dangerously fiery and destructive....wtf lah!!!

big games are played by big names and i hope ordinary singaporeans are not bakar by this side show....wtf lah!!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought this book entitled "The Fall and Decline of the British Empire" but did not finish it, its left lying next to my toilet seat. Too heavy material for casual reading, maybe one day I will start again. In any case, the British Empire happened to be so huge that it was almost impossible to manage it. The bloody queen/king seated in London is unable to control the activities in the vastness of the empire. With the end of WW2, and getting hammered by industrial giants like Germany and Japan, it is a wonder they could still raise an army abroad after that. Well, their industry collapse, the only thing that held up the British economy was probably soccer games and a few (hugely successful) bands like the Beatles and Rolling Stones. Just imagine the combined wealth and resources of their colonies worldwide. The Brits must have been so fat during their hey days.

Cheers!

Read this particular book about the The Confrontasi as a student......

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the two marines became political fodder for the big boys.

It just isn't worth it to be a soldier and die as one. Paid a measly wage and obligated to carry out orders. It sucks to have to carry out orders to kill someone else - especially if it is not for reasons of self-defence. I don't see being called a "hero" or "martyr" worth sacrifice of my life. Neither will medals and other honours help. At the end, the ones who benefit are the crafty politicians.

Cheers!

WHAT THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA MAY NOT HAVE PROVIDED TO THE PUBLIC

Background Story:..........................

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought this book entitled "The Fall and Decline of the British Empire" but did not finish it, its left lying next to my toilet seat. Too heavy material for casual reading, maybe one day I will start again. In any case, the British Empire happened to be so huge that it was almost impossible to manage it. The bloody queen/king seated in London is unable to control the activities in the vastness of the empire. With the end of WW2, and getting hammered by industrial giants like Germany and Japan, it is a wonder they could still raise an army abroad after that. Well, their industry collapse, the only thing that held up the British economy was probably soccer games and a few (hugely successful) bands like the Beatles and Rolling Stones. Just imagine the combined wealth and resources of their colonies worldwide. The Brits must have been so fat during their hey days.

Cheers!

At one time the exchange rate 1 GBP = SGD 8.75 in the 60's.:eek: