• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vegan Diet Bagus

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Painful end to vegan diet for Hemsworth
Liam Hemsworth in Men’s Health. Credit: The Riker Brothers for Men's Health
PerthNow
April 15, 2020 2:00AM
Liam Hemsworth has revealed he was forced to quit his vegan diet after suffering kidney stones.
The 30-year-old Aussie actor followed a plant-based diet for almost four years, likely influenced by his animal loving former wife Miley Cyrus, until last year, when he endured “one of the most painful weeks” of his life.
Speaking to Men’s Health, Hemsworth said: “I was vegan for almost four years, and then February of last year I was feeling lethargic. Then I got a kidney stone.
“It was one of the most painful weeks of my life. I was doing press for Isn’t It Romantic. But I had to go to the hospital and get surgery. It’s all good now, thankfully.
“But once you get one kidney stone, you have a 50 per cent chance of getting another one if you continue eating the way you were eating.”
media

He discovered the kidney stone was caused by the high amount of oxalate — a natural substance found in vegetables — in his diet, and so he had to “completely rethink” what he eats in order to get his health back on track.
“Oxalates are really high in a lot of vegetables, specifically spinach, almonds, beetroot, potatoes,” he said.
“Every morning, I was having five handfuls of spinach and then almond milk, almond butter, and also some vegan protein in a smoothie. And that was what I considered super healthy. So I had to completely rethink what I was putting in my body.”
The star said while he “felt great” to begin with on a vegan diet, he has since “reassessed” to make a meal plan that works for his body.
“I go from one extreme to the other,” Hemsworth said.
media

“My mum always makes fun of me. She’s like ‘If you could just find a happy medium in between all these things you do, then you’d probably be better off.”

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vegetarian for health is BS . If not why do vegans n vegetarians get high cholesterol?
Cholesterol is not a indication of being unhealthy.

SUBSCRIBE

GO

NUTRITION
Evidence BasedWhy Dietary Cholesterol Does Not Matter (For Most People)
kayla-mcdonell.png

Written by Kayla McDonell, RD on September 26, 2019
Overview

High blood cholesterol levels are a known risk factor for heart disease.
For decades, people have been told that the dietary cholesterol in foods raises blood cholesterol levels and causes heart disease.
This idea may have been a rational conclusion based on the available science 50 years ago, but better, more recent evidence doesn't support it.
This article takes a close look at the current research on dietary cholesterol and the role it plays in blood cholesterol levels and heart disease.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
LDL 114 and total cholesterol 208 need to take statins?
Tried diet modification over a number of months but LDL still above110.
Depends on your cardiovascular risk stratification.

Anyway it is more the anti inflammatory effects of statins that reduced CVD risk than the cholesterol lowering effects.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
My GP, Australian trained and was with its national health service, told me statin will cause more problems than what it's suppose to relieve.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Study links vegetarian and veganism diets to increased likelihood of depression

A burger a day keeps depression away? Not exactly, but it might help, according to a new American study.

The University of Alabama report compiled 18 studies and looked at more than 160,000 people. It found that a vegetarian or vegan diet may increase the likelihood of depression.

The U.K.’s Daily Mail reported that the study found people eating a plant-based diet were twice as likely to take prescription drugs for mental illness and just about three times more likely to contemplate suicide. It also indicated that 33% of vegetarians suffer from depression or anxiety.

Loading video

According to the researchers, avoiding meat might be a “behavioural marker” of people already with increased mental health struggles, though they conceded that would require further study to prove.

They concluded that vegetarians and vegans had ‘significantly’ higher rates or risk of depression, anxiety and self harm.

Loading video
The researchers cautioned: “Our study does not support avoiding meat consumption for overall psychological health benefits.”

The study, “Meat and Mental Health: A systematic review of meat abstention and depression, anxiety and related phenomena,” was published in the journal Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Vegetarian for health is BS . If not why do vegans n vegetarians get high cholesterol?

Veganism and vegetarianism as a strict diet choice has no health basis. It should be purely left as a matter of individual preference, like eating fast food or red meat should be individual choices.

There are a group of liberals who literally want to FORCE people to be vegans, citing the harm that meat causes the environment. They say we need to stop eating meat in order to protect the environment from catastrophe. These scoundrels ought to be driven out of town and never seen again.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do Vegans Live Longer Than Non-Vegans?
).
However, its effects on longevity are much more nuanced.
This article explains whether vegans live longer than non-vegans.
vegan bowl of fresh veggies and tofu
Share on Pinterest
Some vegans may live longer
Research examining the link between plant-based diets and longevity has produced mixed results.
One large review of vegans and vegetarians in the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States, and Japan suggests that they have a 9% lower risk of death from all causes, compared with omnivores (4
).
Another study examined Seventh Day Adventists in North America. The Seventh Day Adventist diet is typically plant-based, rich in whole foods, and free of alcohol and caffeine — although some may incorporate small amounts of eggs, dairy, or meat.
The study suggested that vegetarians and vegans may benefit from a 12% lower risk of death, compared with people who eat meat (5
).
When separated from the rest, vegans had a 15% lower risk of dying prematurely from all causes, indicating that a vegan diet may indeed help people live longer than those who adhere to vegetarian or omnivorous eating patterns (5
).
However, other studies in vegetarians in the United Kingdom and Australia report that they’re no more likely to live longer than non-vegetarians (6
).
Thus, there’s no definitive link between veganism and lifespan.
Furthermore, most studies group vegetarians and vegans together, making it difficult to determine the exact effects of each diet on a person’s life expectancy. Therefore, more research is needed solely on vegan diets before strong conclusions can be made.
summary
Some scientific reviews suggest that vegetarian and vegan diets may help people live longer, but these findings aren’t universal. As such, more comprehensive studies are necessary.
Why do some vegans live longer?
Researchers theorize that vegans who live longer than average tend to do so for two main reasons involving both diet and lifestyle.
Vegan diets are often rich in nutritious compounds
Veganism eliminates all animal-based foods, including meat, dairy, eggs, and products derived from them. This usually results in a diet that’s rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds (8
).
Research suggests that diets loaded with these plant foods may help people live longer. The same can be said about diets low in red and processed meats (9
).
A healthy vegan diet is typically defined as one that’s rich in minimally processed plant foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds, with very few processed junk foods.
Meanwhile, a poorly planned vegan diet may rely heavily on sweets, processed items, and other foods that are technically vegan but very poor in nutrients.
For instance, one study claims that plant-based diets as a whole may lower your risk of dying from heart disease by 8%. However, nutritious plant-based diets lower this risk by 25% — while unhealthy ones increase it by 32% (21
).
Another suggests that improving the quality of a plant-based diet over 12-years may reduce the likelihood of dying prematurely by 10%. Conversely, reducing its quality over the same period may result in a 12% higher risk of premature death (22
).
This may explain why a recent review found that while vegetarians are more likely to live longer than the general population, their life expectancy is no higher than that of similarly health-conscious meat eaters (23
).
However, few studies directly compare the effects of healthy or unhealthy vegan diets to healthy or unhealthy omnivorous ones. Overall, more research is needed.
summary
Poorly planned vegan diets likely don’t offer the same health benefits as nutritious versions of the diet. Nutrient-poor vegan diets may even lower your life expectancy.
The bottom line
Vegan diets are linked to numerous health benefits, including a lower risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes, certain cancers, and heart disease. Some evidence indicates that they may also help you live longer.
Yet, like most diets, vegan diets vary in quality. This may partly explain why vegans don’t always outlive non-vegans.
If you’re vegan and looking to maximize any longevity-promoting effects, replace processed foods in your diet with whole plant foods like fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, nuts, and seeds.
ADVERTISEMENT
Start a custom weight loss program
Noom helps you adopt healthy habits so you can lose weight and keep it off. Your program is customized to your goals and fitness needs. Just take a quick assessment and get started today.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vegetarian meals (as opposed to vegan ones) in Asia have high gluten content. :unsure:
Asian vegetarian especially the chinks are fucktards. They swear off meat but still have to have their mock meats wtf is that? Deep fried and all made up of gluten and unhealthy processed food....

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vegetarian meals (as opposed to vegan ones) in Asia have high gluten content. :unsure:
Asian vegetarian especially the chinks are fucktards. They swear off meat but still have to have their mock meats wtf is that? Deep fried and all made up of gluten and unhealthy processed food....
It's no difference to those impossible meats etc being promoted but highly processed n full of salt. Worse than eating real meat . N idiots fall for it all the time

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think just a bit of meat, not too much is ok.
I have seen glutinous people gouging tons of meat during barbecue only to hear them suffering from heart disease, or gout, or high blood later.
Or those highly paid executives buying expensive company lunch or dinner eating extravagant food on company expense only to suffer from all kinds of diseases.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree, but indian style is still asian no? theirs is a lot better than fake this and fake that.