• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vegan Diet Bagus

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely. But european fresh salad also good.
er... no... sorry.... I've had too much rabbit food to last a lifetime.

saag paneer, dal makhani, chole bathura are my north indian basics.

for south indian, I am super lazy. I tend to Thali all the way. don't have to think so hard. Of course I have a soft spot for Chettinad cooking, so milagu sambar. muttaikose poriyal and kathirikai kuzambu. and if it's hot out, just curd rice and I'm good.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
in my opinion the difference between being a vegetarian and non vegetarian lies in the climate you live in ....if you had noticed, Indians are more vegetarians than others and Asians of the Far East are more meat eaters than others.....Indians would cite religions as a requirement for being a vegetarian but I opine differently

first, vegetation hardly grows in some places where its extremely cold ...so whether to be a vegetarian or not is no option ..human and animals has to eat meat and human alao preserve meat in dried form for further cinsumption

in a land with plenty of sunshine alot more agriculture and horticulture becomes possible ...animals are more useful to work the land than being slaugtered for meat...Hinduism only hides this reality and wove it as a religious requirement ,Buddhism as an off shoot simply followed

but our teeth structure and digestive system evolved for years and years and years don't lie ...our dietary habits accommodates both only the avilablity matters

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree, but indian style is still asian no? theirs is a lot better than fake this and fake that.
have you ever noticed that eating vegetarian in a very hot day goes very well with our body system than eating mostly meat on hot days ?

if you did ,that would explain Indians preference for being vegetarian

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
er... no... sorry.... I've had too much rabbit food to last a lifetime.

saag paneer, dal makhani, chole bathura are my north indian basics.

for south indian, I am super lazy. I tend to Thali all the way. don't have to think so hard. Of course I have a soft spot for Chettinad cooking, so milagu sambar. muttaikose poriyal and kathirikai kuzambu. and if it's hot out, just curd rice and I'm good.
North indian cooking uses milk which screws up my stomach. But I love the flavour. It's just too bad.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
have you ever noticed that eating vegetarian in a very hot day goes very well with our body system than eating mostly meat on hot days ?

Once in a while you really need vegetable in the diet. But the way Chinese cooks them is unappetizing.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes. that is a very good point. :thumbsup: that makes sense why Indians eat so much vegetarian food.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once in a while you really need vegetable in the diet. But the way Chinese cooks them is unappetizing.
frankly , i rather go chinese in some veggie cooking ...Indian method kills the natural veggie taste with too much spices and longer in the pot too

stll the best deal in veggies ,to me ,is sundanese method ,it's all pretty raw but very selective in presenting only the tender part removing the outer layer ...just dip it with a sauce of your choice

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the key word being FEEL only.
Mock charsiew, mock duck and mock fish and prawn made to look the same even in shape of a fish.....wtf if can’t let go then dun force oneself to give up.
U being nit picky tough guy. Want to quit smoking use nicotine patch also call weak, no resolve to quit completely? :cautious:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly , i rather go chinese in some veggie cooking ...Indian method kills the natural veggie taste with too much spices and longer in the pot too

stll the best deal in veggies ,to me ,is sundanese method ,it's all pretty raw but very selective in presenting only the tender part removing the outer layer ...just dip it with a sauce of your choice
do you prefer that or thai-style salad?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you prefer that or thai-style salad?
cant recall anything particular about Thai veggie or salad ,though had stepped on Thai soil more than a hundred times usuallly as a transit to Vietnam ,Burma or Calcutta during my time ...and we had the option to break our journeys in those days

but Thai sea food itself was par excellent ...usually treated by Thai richie rich and they bring me to some of the best to wine and dine ....but whatever I ventured myself as a loner was hunting for massage and of course,other matters

but do recalling hating Burmese version of veggie ..comes very very oily ...but had wonderful south Indian briyani in Yangoon...you see ,there were a quite a lot of Indians and chinese remnants in mynmmar still frozen in time ..and the Indian poulation is huge, told more than 1 million ...still maintains the oldie version of cooking and its heaven ....I went during a time they had 2 currency system .1 for foreigners and it was like 1 US to 3 or 5 chat officially or something like that but in black market 1 US can fetch 400 to 600 chat ...and we lived like king ....same same Vietnam too .had ate lobster in their top hotel from US 50cents but that was at a time impossible to get entry to Vietnam

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
som tam and a few more variations I don't know too well...

1589088165251.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_papaya_salad

but since you with richie rich won't be eating this roadside food la...

poor @Leongsam. he will be upset that you think poorly of burmese cooking. makes sense about the Indian food in Burma. Indian population just next door right?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 78142

poor @Leongsam. he will be upset that you think poorly of burmese cooking. makes sense about the Indian food in Burma. Indian population just next door right?
don't misunderstand me it's not my circle are richie rich ...far from it ...it's just that if you want certain things done in certain country there is no other way

eg,i got my visa to Vietnam overnight in thiose days in Bangkok delivered to my hotel but MNCs dealing with even the Vietnamese government had to wait at least 3 months ...simply because a Thai richie Rich knows a Thai general who is buddy with an attache in vietnamese embassy ...that's how things work

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't misunderstand me it's not my circle are richie rich ...far from it ...it's just that if you want certain things done in certain country there is no other way

eg,i got my visa to Vietnam overnight in thiose days in Bangkok delivered to my hotel but MNCs dealing with even the Vietnamese government had to wait at least 3 months ...simply because a Thai richie Rich knows a Thai general who is buddy with an attache in vietnamese embassy ...that's how things work
no, no. I understand. :smile: It's just that your time is their time. No chance for you to escape to try this kind of stuff when busy with them. thanks for clarifying though. :thumbsup:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 78142

just to correct a misconception i do like burmese meals ...sometimes go to peninsula plaza to have one

but not their veggies particularly ...in fact all meals will be provided with free tau gey and cucumber without cost...

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
just to correct a misconception i do like burmese meals ...sometimes go to peninsula plaza to have one

but not their veggies particularly ...in fact all meals will be provided with free tau gey and cucumber without cost...
sorry, I couldn't resist poking Sam... :sneaky::biggrin: