• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

VB: Closing of major expressway due to ponding must not happen for next 50 years

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is "not acceptable" for a major expressway to shut down due to flooding, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Vivian Balakrishnan said on Thursday evening. Dr Balakrishnan was speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a research function at the National University of Singapore.

"We're going to need to do some work there," he said. "We will need some time, but I am confident that we can make an improvement to the situation...I told (national water agency) PUB we've got to do our best to make sure this doesn't recur in the future."

Dr Balakrishnan said that culverts to the south of the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE), which was the worst hit area on Thursday, have to be expanded in the "immediate term" to improve drainage. Work on expanding the Sungei Pandan Kechil canal that overflowed would begin by 2015 or 2016 if plans go ahead.

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hope balatheshitman secure his shit tanks, otherwise singapore will have shit floating down orchard road as well.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chow chee bye. What need some time? Need some time to pay his obscene drop dead salary can?

curse044

Alfrescian
Loyal
So VB saying we gonna tolerate this "ponding" for at least 2 years before doing anything? ;(

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When u deal with obscene people, u must use obscene language. That's only right.

thank you sir
OTC advised me to excercise restraint and patience
do not lose my cool
do not combat obscenities with vulgarities
do not fight fire with fire
do not fight hatred with hatred
embrace the fight with love
accept the obscenities with love
love overcomes everything
am i right to do this?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
CTEFloodOne0509e.jpg

fbeunice1e.jpg

nicky0509e.jpg

curse044

Alfrescian
Loyal
When u deal with obscene people, u must use obscene language. That's only right.

3 worded obscene description seem fair...
1 for the $300,000,000+ YOG
2 for his " eat in Restaurant, Food Court or Hawker centre!"
and lastly..now this happen...
If I m LHL, this VB a jinx..kick him out or GE2016 will be a coffin nail to PAP...

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the frantic building activities from jurong east to sentosa in the past eight years, it is little wonder that the canals overflowed as rain water can no longer penetrate the newly laid concrete buildings. I don't think the rain was that heavy today.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
3 worded obscene description seem fair...
1 for the $300,000,000+ YOG
2 for his " eat in Restaurant, Food Court or Hawker centre!"
and lastly..now this happen...
If I m LHL, this VB a jinx..kick him out or GE2016 will be a coffin nail to PAP...

it is not necessary
you just destroyed your own credibility
nobody will believe you
you will lose your ground...nothing is achieved by the three words

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dont get it, arent roads that are flooded supposed to be closed? that is to prevent the public from being endangered right?

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is not necessary
you just destroyed your own credibility
nobody will believe you
you will lose your ground...nothing is achieved by the three words

talking about yourself!!!!!!!!!

three words are lie con distort

hahahahhahahahahaaaaa...............

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
close highways
redirect to side roads and tributaries
brilliant idea - just in case the highway collapses
and causes more deaths and damages
brilliant and intelligent measure.....

SlickJon

Alfrescian
Loyal
govt ministries seriously ought to reflect on their core responsibilities and manage them well before playing politics..

sinkieland is literally and figuratively sinking.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VB: That, sir, is not my problem; the job of ensuring that roads are closed is that of LTA. Please ask LTY.

LTY: I could have closed the road at any time but no one told me that it was flooded. Some more, that morning, I wasn't heading out to Jurong for breakfast, so I didn't know. Anyway, even if I closed the road, MDA told me not to anyhow say got floods, so people will still be headed there. So, please ask YI.

YI: ... (forget it, it's getting too silly....)

i dont get it, arent roads that are flooded supposed to be closed? that is to prevent the public from being endangered right?