• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

this type of sinky cyclist deserve it

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
K.N.N.

Paging @glockman
The Punisher.

Eating snake arh?
KNN, why you make me boh eng only!:o-o: I only deal with PMDs hokay.:biggrin: But anyway, can't really see what is going on in that low res video. But the law says :

Riding on a pedestrian crossing
You can only ride your bicycle across a crossing where bicycle crossing lights are installed. At a red bicycle crossing light: You must stop before the crossing and only proceed if the bicycle crossing light changes to green or is not showing red.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
KNN, why you make me boh eng only!:o-o: I only deal with PMDs hokay.:biggrin: But anyway, can't really see what is going on in that low res video. But the law says :

Riding on a pedestrian crossing
You can only ride your bicycle across a crossing where bicycle crossing lights are installed. At a red bicycle crossing light: You must stop before the crossing and only proceed if the bicycle crossing light changes to green or is not showing red.

So in such cases where the car hits the cyclist riding the bike in a pedestrian crossing who is culpable?

This is why all cyclists should have liability insurance.

It is time to register all bicycles. They should pay road tax and also maybe have COE.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
So in such cases where the car hits the cyclist riding the bike in a pedestrian crossing who is culpable?

This is why all cyclists should have liability insurance.

It is time to register all bicycles. They should pay road tax and also maybe have COE.
I suppose if the light is in the pedestrian's/cyclist's favour, then the car is at fault. Many crossings now also cater to both people and cyclists.

images

But those for pedestrians only, I believe the law would treat cyclists the same as pedestrians.

IMG_7927-1024x1024.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I suppose if the light is in the pedestrian's/cyclist's favour, then the car is at fault. Many crossings now also cater to both people and cyclists.

images

But those for pedestrians only, I believe the law would treat cyclists the same as pedestrians.

IMG_7927-1024x1024.jpg

Look at the bottom photo. Explain to me how different it is between the motorcyclist and the cyclist?Yes one has motor the other does not. One wears helmet the other does not. But other than that not much difference.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's actually a critical difference. Kind of like how one patient has a heart and the other doesn't.

Without the motor, a human is incapable of generating huge amounts of energy. With the gobs of energy being produced by the engine, the vehicle in question can become a lot heavier. Combine the mass with the much higher velocities attained and the consequent levels of kinetic energy that system contains and you have the equivalent of a missile without a payload compared to a stone ax when it comes to damage caused during a collision.

Anyway cycling is not the problem. Cyclists and their serious attitude problems are.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Look at the bottom photo. Explain to me how different it is between the motorcyclist and the cyclist?Yes one has motor the other does not. One wears helmet the other does not. But other than that not much difference.
One weighs about 8 to 15kg, the other weighs about 120 to 190kg.
One is human powered, the other runs on gasoline.
One does 0 km/h to 100 km/h in forever or never (flat road), the other in about 3 to 10 seconds.
One has a top speed maybe 40 to 60km/h (flat road), the other has a top speed of about 120 to 250km/h

Is a person in a bicycle a pedestrian?
While bicycles are basically both car and pedestrian (based on where they are used), most states also have laws specifically related to the bicyclist. ... And, for purposes of liability when a car hits someone riding a bicycle, most states treat the cyclist as a pedestrian rather than a fellow driver.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
That's actually a critical difference. Kind of like how one patient has a heart and the other doesn't.

Without the motor, a human is incapable of generating huge amounts of energy. With the gobs of energy being produced by the engine, the vehicle in question can become a lot heavier. Combine the mass with the much higher velocities attained and the consequent levels of kinetic energy that system contains and you have the equivalent of a missile without a payload compared to a stone ax when it comes to damage caused during a collision.

Anyway cycling is not the problem. Cyclists and their serious attitude problems are.
This reminds me of early 2000s, the roads and pathways were like the wild west. We had ah bengs and m&ds attaching gasoline motors to their bicycles. And they were zooming around full throttle, so dangerous, noisy and extremely annoying. My mates and I were on human powered bicycles and we hated those fuckers. Thank the gods those contraptions were banned. Only to be replaced by batt powered ones a decade later. And then the fucking PMDs arrived on the scene :frown:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
One weighs about 8 to 15kg, the other weighs about 120 to 190kg.
One is human powered, the other runs on gasoline.
One does 0 km/h to 100 km/h in forever or never (flat road), the other in about 3 to 10 seconds.
One has a top speed maybe 40 to 60km/h (flat road), the other has a top speed of about 120 to 250km/h

Is a person in a bicycle a pedestrian?
While bicycles are basically both car and pedestrian (based on where they are used), most states also have laws specifically related to the bicyclist. ... And, for purposes of liability when a car hits someone riding a bicycle, most states treat the cyclist as a pedestrian rather than a fellow driver.

I agree with you.

However, the cyclists travel at speeds of 20-40km/h. And they ride on pedestrian pathways!

The force at which they would hit pedestrians in a crash can be fatal!

As you have very nicely pointed out the motorcycle is much more dangerous than the cyclist! That is why we ban motorcycles on pedestrian pathways.

But I would argue that cyclists are JUST AS DANGEROUS TO PEDESTRIANS!!!!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I agree with you.

However, the cyclists travel at speeds of 20-40km/h. And they ride on pedestrian pathways!

The force at which they would hit pedestrians in a crash can be fatal!

As you have very nicely pointed out the motorcycle is much more dangerous than the cyclist! That is why we ban motorcycles on pedestrian pathways.

But I would argue that cyclists are JUST AS DANGEROUS TO PEDESTRIANS!!!!
That's true. Actually anything in the hands of morons are dangerous.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
That's true. Actually anything in the hands of morons are dangerous.

Sometimes it is the pedestrians who are morons too.

Sometimes it is just accidents

I mean if I am on a pedestrian walkway do I need to be consciously always looking out for cyclists and other fast moving entities?

Even sprinters dont go sprinting on pedestrian walkways. They go to tracks.

It's just not safe.

It;s like having jet skis in swimming pools!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Problem in Sinkieland is it is so crowded!

So you really need some rules.

In places like Canada in my neighborhood it is quiet. hardly any people to begin with. Wide open wpaces. Cyclists see you they go on the road which is empty. Pedestrians can also move out of the way.