• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is probably what Jesus actually looked like.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Because he was reported to have appeared to witnesses and spoke with them days after the crucifixion.

Jesus was crucified in public. So either he actually wasn't crucified, or everyone couldn't tell that the wrong guy was on the cross due to a clever bait-and-switch. Maybe possible, especially since Jesus was beaten bloody prior to crucifixion.

Well, there's already been a lot of discussion about the crucifixion of Christ here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion_of_Jesus

Some may laugh at the crucifixion of Christ and claim that it's an easy passport to heaven. Sin at will, still go to heaven. Ultimately, a person saved by grace doesn't sin freely even though being human, they still do sin.

If you want to sin freely and still go to heaven, be a moslem. When moslems cheat, kill and have sex with kids, people know that they did so following their prophet's past behavior. When Christians sin at will, we know that they are not following Christ because Christ never once in his life sinned.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope all of you Christians realise this Jesus Christ fella is nothing more than an equivalent of an ah neh holy man .. his feats of miracles are still witnessed up till today by thousands of followers of these holy men gurus across India.

The difference is his name has been used for a very successful political campaign by Europeans

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
A Jewish tribe king named Josephus surrendered to the Romans fight with weapons and soldiers... he was mentioned in the Bible...

Then he found this 3rd messanic revolution leader holy priesthood Jesus using special God tactic to try topple the Romans Empire. Non violent way to fight a war with the ruler BE....

This priesthood Jesus and his men used the Prophet Isiah 52 prediction that their God Yehweh will descends from heaven to reign over Isreal on this Sabbath day.... this is similar to India Ghandi non violent war with the ruler...

He wrote about it and it become a fairly tale God story for Romans Empire to use. Romans Empire was looking to change religion and adopt his story make Jesus the God.... hehehe

Hope this help...
Perhaps you are referring to a different Josephus?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Jesus was crucified in public. So either he actually wasn't crucified, or everyone couldn't tell that the wrong guy was on the cross due to a clever bait-and-switch. Maybe possible, especially since Jesus was beaten bloody prior to crucifixion.

Well, there's already been a lot of discussion about the crucifixion of Christ here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion_of_Jesus

Some may laugh at the crucifixion of Christ and claim that it's an easy passport to heaven. Sin at will, still go to heaven. Ultimately, a person saved by grace doesn't sin freely even though being human, they still do sin.

If you want to sin freely and still go to heaven, be a moslem. When moslems cheat, kill and have sex with kids, people know that they did so following their prophet's past behavior. When Christians sin at will, we know that they are not following Christ because Christ never once in his life sinned.
He was crucified. Don't buy into the Quran's tale of a switcheroo. Whether he died or not, remains the point of contention. Yet we know that dead people are quite incapable of walking and speaking.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was crucified. Don't buy into the Quran's tale of a switcheroo. Whether he died or not, remains the point of contention. Yet we know that dead people are quite incapable of walking and speaking.

Jesus was alive. When the scribes n pharisses asked for a sign, Jesus mentioned Jonahs episode where he was alive in the whale belly for 3 days/nites. So jesus did not die but was raised physically to heaven. :smile: U see, when Quran mentioned smthing similar to bible the xtians will say Quran copied it. But when Quran mentioned stories tats not in the bible xtians will say the Prophet spinned the stories.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Jesus was alive. When the scribes n pharisses asked for a sign, Jesus mentioned Jonahs episode where he was alive in the whale belly for 3 days/nites. So jesus did not die but was raised physically to heaven. :smile: U see, when Quran mentioned smthing similar to bible the xtians will say Quran copied it. But when Quran mentioned stories tats not in the bible xtians will say the Prophet spinned the stories.
He did not die but was physically raised to heaven? Your 21st century mind believes he was beamed up into the sky?

And speaking of Jonah surviving three days and nights in the belly of the whale (Yes, Jesus referenced the Book of Jonah to imply his own "resurrection"), Jonah could breathe while in the whale's digestive system? The whale stomach acid did not vaporise him?

Forgive me, but it all looks like a fantastical story to me. :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

At this point, it's either believe by faith that Jesus was resurrected, or the story of Jesus was plagarized from Egyptian tales of resurrection of Iris and Horus, or the whole damn thing is just hogwash.

I just find it hard that the the roman guards tasked to guard Jesus' corpse would allow the corpse to be stolen or let a dying convict on the cross escape. It would probably mean a death sentence for them.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He did not die but was physically raised to heaven? Your 21st century mind believes he was beamed up into the sky?

And speaking of Jonah surviving three days and nights in the belly of the whale (Yes, Jesus referenced the Book of Jonah to imply his own "resurrection"), Jonah could breathe while in the whale's digestive system? The whale stomach acid did not vaporise him?

Forgive me, but it all looks like a fantastical story to me. :biggrin:

All Allah need to say is Be n it shall Be. Tats how jesus was borned without male intervention. Was tat a fantastical story to u too? :smile:

Btw i also believe in miracles n angels too at tis modern science n technology age.:smile:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
At this point, it's either believe by faith that Jesus was resurrected, or the story of Jesus was plagarized from Egyptian tales of resurrection of Iris and Horus, or the whole damn thing is just hogwash.

I just find it hard that the the roman guards tasked to guard Jesus' corpse would allow the corpse to be stolen or let a dying convict on the cross escape. It would probably mean a death sentence for them.
I believe that Jesus was a great man. A wise teacher of morals with a large following. And despite his popularity, he led a humble life.

As regards the resurrection, thanks for drawing my attention to its parallel with the Egyptian tales of resurrection. Yes, people sure like to copy ideas and stories.

Jesus had two wealthy friends. Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus (they were present during and after the crucifixion. And soldiers weren't paid well, so they were probably bribed.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
All Allah need to say is Be n it shall Be. Tats how jesus was borned without male intervention. Was tat a fantastical story to u too? :smile:

Btw i also believe in miracles n angels too at tis modern science n technology age.:smile:
Jesus's biological father was Joseph. His mother was Mary. Joseph and Mary had four other sons, James, Joseph, Judas and Simon. They also had daughters.