• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

Zelda

Alfrescian
Loyal
911957464_5cc6d2948c-e6cb9830ed.jpg

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've owned only one pager - the model on the left - and it was deadly. It kept draining the batteries in a day and then refused to function. Two other people I knew had that problem.

It went back to Singtel several times within the warranty period and once after. They tried to make me pay for the repairs or buy a new one. I would not take no for an answer and they agreed to repair it gratis.

By then though I set my eyes on an M1 phone. No more pagers.

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
things you miss from the past_

Paul Newman

..Charles Bronson,
Alan Delon,
Clint Eastwood,
Lee Van Cleef,
Lee Marvin,
Steve McQueen,
Omar Shariff,
Rock Hudson,
Gregory Peck,
Robert Redford
Kirk Douglas
James Coburn
Marlon Brando..

Mackenna's Gold,
For a Few Dollars More,
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Last Train From Gun Hill
The Magnificient Seven

qwerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queuing up overnight for malaysia cup tickets......

all the simple things in life when you were a kid....

van keef aquarium which was then the coolest attraction as a school outing....

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
..and the best Indian Rojak sold at sarabat stalls at Waterloo Street, nice curry puff at the coffee shop opposite Rex cinema...

If you need a french cap urgently... get it from any of those ubiquitous five-foot-way mama stalls (remember..? the stalls were actually carved out of the wall of those pre-war shop houses with a depth of about 1 to 1.5 feet the most and the mama fellows with white sarong manning it- was it called sarong?..). Any such five-foot-way mama stall now? Anyone knows? and where is it?

You can still find those five foot way mama shop at Desker Road. Used to have many of these shop near my old house. And do you guys know that some of them even sleep in the shop although the depth of the shop is no more than a meter.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
wonder where can get this game now. last time as a kid, family too poor, no spare money to buy even though only $20+ each. always envy when classmates bring to school after exam to show off.

Same here bro. Parents always promise to buy if you score this mark in test and exam, but always bluff one. In the end, never get a piece of shit even.

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
How's orient slant... bruce lee (big boss, fist of fury, enter the dragon) who changed the kungfu genre? Never mind the chinese chauvinistic cheers in auditorium when hero beat japs and angmoh villians. Also boosted martial arts schools, with many wannabes trying to imitate their 1 legged kicks?:biggrin:

http://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/

Of course.. Bruce Lee, he is the greatest.

You would probably know, the ethnically-divided Bosnian city of Mostar had in 2005 erected a bronze statue of Bruce Lee in the centre of the city, showing the martial arts master in his typical fighting pose.

Mostar is the scene of fighting between Muslims and Croats. The Muslims, the Serbs and the Croats have been fighting like hell with one another all this while. However, they worship one common hero - and he is Bruce Lee (Isn't he great?).

The city needed a symbol of justice, mastery and honesty - virtues upheld by the late kung fu star. Bruce Lee therefore, became the symbol of unity of the different sects of the city.

Besides Sun Yet-Sen, Mao Tze-Tung, Deng Xiao-Ping, I think Bruce Lee is probably the next Chinese who brought China back to the centre of the world map.

When his 1st movie the Big Boss was shown as a mid-night show in the Jurong Drive-In cinema in 1971, a huge crowd refused to go away even though all tickets were sold out. The crowd was lingering outside the gate and tried to catch a glimpse of the kung fu star through the grilled gate. After some time, the gate collapsed due the force of the surging crowd.

After seeing Bruce Lee in action, one cannot help but develops a feeling of other kung fu stars being reduced to acrobats who are just performing acrobatic stunts on the big screen...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Remember the 1st pager appear in SG during the 70's. No caller display... Does nothing but beep... Usually call home or office when beep depending where u "tie" it to... Back then oni VIP carry one...:biggrin::biggrin:

img_0532.jpg