• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

There'll Be No More Tears In Heaven...

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Have to admit, I can't shake off the grief that I feel for the family of the 2 boys.

I don't feel hate towards anyone, the PAP, the truck driver nor the cost of living in SG. It's times like these when one looks at the wealth that they have accumulated, and realise how pointless it all is when all of it cannot bring back the 2 most dearest things in the world.

Few days ago, I would have been in a mood to gloat over the WP win in PE, bash PAP up a bit and heap scorn on the other 2 wannabe parties. But with this news, I hardly slept last night and had to take a short day away from work. Cancelled all my meetings and when I arrived back from the office, closed the garage door and just sat in the car and bawled my eyes out. I want to help, but no matter what, I could not think of a anything. It's like I'm ensnared in a trap that I can't get out of.

How does one help a family that has been torn apart through no fault of theirs? I have thought hard and prayed but so far, I cannot think of a substantive idea that would not make a monetary contribution look so frivolous, vulgar and a cheap proxy to lighten another one's grief.

The closest I came to a solution; forgive me if it sounds insensitive at this point in time, but it is to fully support the mum's living expenses while giving the parents pro-bono IVF treatments with a maximum chance of conceiving at least twins. The Mom's age is no problem as she has conceived 2 beautiful angels before and thus should not face the associated pregnancy risks of a first time conceiving mum of similar age. Then sue the vehicle insurance company to get maximum payback for the loss of 2 children and use the funds from there to reinvest into government guaranteed endowment funds for her new kids.

I know, it may be too soon to just say, "let's move on and make babies", but all I can say is that, those two darling angels are now in the restful arms of God, they are in a better place and will be treasured and loved as much, if not more than they were in this existence.

And perhaps, I would like to believe too, for once, that there truly is no more tears in heaven.

Amen.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear QXD,

I am also shattered since the day I got those sad news. I am a father and a grandfather too. I love kids so much.

In fact, my friends and I are always in a third world country helping kids from broken families and those that are "filthy" poor. Kids with runny noses and in tattered and torn clothes. Kids who have not even tasted a burger or eaten a small chocolate bar.

We buy the cheapest milk powder from here and also bring along with us used clothes, school shoes, exercise books, pencils and erasers that had been given to us by kind people here. Singaporeans are truly kind and concerned people. Despite their hard lives, they have room for mercy in their hearts. May GOD bless them all.

We have seen kids who die due to lack of funds for treatment. Then there is tragedy. A little girl, an epileptic was recently found drowned in some rapids.

What anger us is that their political leaders are millionaires and a corrupted, cronyistic and nepotistic lot, who don't give a damn to such poverty-stricken folks.

Even their corrupted Customs ask us for "money" for the items that we carry for these poor kids. Their reasons are that we are "in business" in their country. There were occasions when they "confiscated" our used clothings meant for the poor. Nothing much can be done for they are like a mafia. Too much of face given by the govt to them. Day-light robbers.....Greedy and uncontented lot.

How do we feel when one suspects us like that? We are hurt truly and has to beg them to get away many times. Every trip we face the same problems.

We cannot go far in these help for we are all of age and things are made difficult by the people in authority. Hope some kind people will take over....

Governments and rich people should rightfully help such innocent kids as a benevolent act for what they have. Sadly, at times wealth blinds people to their past difficulties. Man forgets his humble origins. Those with power becomes the worst perpetrators.

In this particular sad case, the Govt should RIGHTFULLY offer the family all the help they need - finacial and emotional. KKH should waive charges for the mother's treatment, if any.

The mum works as a hourly-rated McDonald staff at Tampines Mart, Street 33. She works hard because cost of living here is high. Lots of bills to pay.

The poor elder boy seems more like a responsible brother for the little one.

I share your sorrows as I understand you full well.

All we can do at this point of time is to HOPE that the parents slowly recover from such a big shock.

Pray all our kids will always be safe from such reckless and monstrous drivers. Hope the Police will introduce new laws. Hope that the govt will enact new laws and finally Hope that errant drivers will be brought to book and have their licence cancelled. Just HOPE and nothing but HOPE, my dear. GBU

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi Kohliantye.

Thanks for replying. Although this will the 3rd night that I am having trouble sleeping over this, having read your words of sharing has somehow lifted a huge weight off me.

I take it that you make overseas mission trips? I was thinking of doing the same, perhaps middle of this year.

Thank you and God Bless.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Kohliantye.

Thanks for replying. Although this will the 3rd night that I am having trouble sleeping over this, having read your words of sharing has somehow lifted a huge weight off me.

I take it that you make overseas mission trips? I was thinking of doing the same, perhaps middle of this year.

Thank you and God Bless.

Thanks for your reply QXD. Hope you would have recovered somewhat.

My friends and I does these trips on a personal level and we are NOT affiliated to any organistation.

We do it out of concern for we thank the Lord for giving us good health and nice families.

Money, Fame and Power isn't everything. It is what we as humans ought to do for our fellow humans.

Your sad feelings for those departed "angels" speaks volumes of your true generosity, care and concern.

Keep it up. May The Lord always Bless you and all your loved ones and friends.

wayanggedek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your thread title reminds me of the song written and sung by Eric Clapton when he was greiving over the death of his 4 years old sons falling from a tall building. Here's the song

[video=youtube;JxPj3GAYYZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPj3GAYYZ0[/video]

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thank you. I do remember this song from my Army Days and back then, it was just a nice song to play when I wanted to hold someone a little closer.

But as a parent now, it is especially poignant when I see instead a father trying to seek solace from his grief in song.

Your thread title reminds me of the song written and sung by Eric Clapton when he was greiving over the death of his 4 years old sons falling from a tall building. Here's the song

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi Kohliantye,

Thanks for asking. I've recovered slightly, but still uneasy to openly talk about it, even with my wife. For a few days since, I did not even catch up on SG news as there would be some mention about it. I only felt a certain amount of reconciliation when I read about the father forgiving the truck driver. I am glad that their church community was there for them and that their prayers for them brought them much needed support. I would not have been one to hold their hands and pray for them in person, but I have been praying for the parents and their two angels fervently in my quiet time.

Its good to know that there are kind hearted people like you around, going so far to help the needy. May God's blessings be plentiful on you and your family. I would very much wish to visit the truly needy out there this June if my family commitments allow.

Admittedly, I am far from being the Christian I should be. The way that I have conducted myself in this forum at times is very telling that I am still very much worldly in my ways and so sometimes I ask myself if my good deeds towards total strangers are truly genuine or just an act of penance for the things that I have done. Funny thing too, is that in the real world, if anyone met me, first impression of me would be a unflappable, standoffish, full-of-myself, effluent jackass and would never in a lifetime guess that I spend some weekends helping to clean the homes of the poor and needy, doing odd jobs for the elderly or sometimes just walking down a lane of homeless people with cardboard boxes filled with warm food and soup to give out in the winter.

I live in two worlds that are polar opposites, there are people that dislike me out of envy or just dislike me for my face, and others that think very differently. Which is why sometimes I break the wall of my online persona to be that kinder person, knowing that I cannot be judged for the either side of me in reality.

Thanks for your reply QXD. Hope you would have recovered somewhat.

My friends and I does these trips on a personal level and we are NOT affiliated to any organistation.

We do it out of concern for we thank the Lord for giving us good health and nice families.

Money, Fame and Power isn't everything. It is what we as humans ought to do for our fellow humans.

Your sad feelings for those departed "angels" speaks volumes of your true generosity, care and concern.

Keep it up. May The Lord always Bless you and all your loved ones and friends.

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks QXD.

We should always have a place in our hearts for the suffering masses of the world, including our beloved red dot.

As you progress in life and mellow with age and when your children settle down and you become a grandfather, your thoughts will change and you will view the true pain and suffering with genuine empathy.

I wish you all the best. Have a great day.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why didn't God intervene to prevent the tragedy? christian nuts say God is love. You believe there is heaven?

Go to religion folder, all the answers are there.

Team drifter

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God? - Epicurus

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Just chanced upon this thread. Yeah, that horrible accident affected a lot of us. I watched the interview with their father on TV. Broke my heart even more. Like the both of you (QXD and Kohliantye), I am a father too. I find it difficult to accept when bad things happen to innocent people, especially kids. There is not much we can do except to drive carefully at all times, and to pass this message to the people around us. But I found my faith in humanity renewed when strangers in multiple forums started selling off their possessions to raise donation funds for the family. Still, it occurred to me a few times during the Chinese New Year season how very difficult it is for their devastated parents when all around them, people are celebrating the new year. How they must be thinking about the previous Chinese New Year, and the sorrow they must be feeling.

I believe in God, as well as in the eternal existence of the soul. And the two boys are now in a much better place. Bro Drifter, I hope you won't slam me for this. :smile:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Glockman, Thanks for those heart-felt words that you expressed to QXD and me on your inner-feelings relating to the demise of those two young lads.

Life is precious and children are the key to our future.

May all drivers of heavy trucks and other vehicles remember this sad episode and become responsible drivers for every life is precious, even that of a poor animal dashing across the road or highway.

Sadly, we still have such "monsters" at the wheels of such vehicles.

The Traffic Police should penalise such drivers as soon as possible.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly, we still have such "monsters" at the wheels of such vehicles.

The Traffic Police should penalise such drivers as soon as possible.

I do pity those two kids. Innocent and angelic. But at this juncture, we dont know what really happen at that point of time. All we know was the tragic death of these two kids being knocked down by the driver. If its really the driver fault, a heavy sentence should be meted out as a reminder to all future irresponsible heavy vehicle drivers.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
"but all I can say is that, those two darling angels are now in the restful arms of God, they are in a better place and will be treasured and loved as much, if not more than they were in this existence "

How do you know they are in heaven ? By the way , If heaven is really a good place to be then all the kids in this world should killed themselves , or killed in a car accident . Or since you love your own kids so much isn't it logic to send your own kids to a perfect place call heaven ? :rolleyes: Christian make no sense again .

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do pity those two kids. Innocent and angelic. But at this juncture, we dont know what really happen at that point of time. All we know was the tragic death of these two kids being knocked down by the driver. If its really the driver fault, a heavy sentence should be meted out as a reminder to all future irresponsible heavy vehicle drivers.

Why should you pity those two kids since TS says they are in heaven . :rolleyes:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys should thanks god since now those 2 kids are in heaven !! You guys should be happy isn't it ? :cool:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just chanced upon this thread. Yeah, that horrible accident affected a lot of us. I watched the interview with their father on TV. Broke my heart even more. Like the both of you (QXD and Kohliantye), I am a father too. I find it difficult to accept when bad things happen to innocent people, especially kids. There is not much we can do except to drive carefully at all times, and to pass this message to the people around us. But I found my faith in humanity renewed when strangers in multiple forums started selling off their possessions to raise donation funds for the family. Still, it occurred to me a few times during the Chinese New Year season how very difficult it is for their devastated parents when all around them, people are celebrating the new year. How they must be thinking about the previous Chinese New Year, and the sorrow they must be feeling.

I believe in God, as well as in the eternal existence of the soul. And the two boys are now in a much better place. Bro Drifter, I hope you won't slam me for this. :smile:

Bro , I don't understand if you really believe those 2 kids are in heaven now then you have to thanks god for the accident , right ? Do I sound logical enough ?

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why didn't God intervene to prevent the tragedy? christian nuts say God is love. You believe there is heaven?

Go to religion folder, all the answers are there.

Team drifter

They are confused :wink: they will praise god for no reason . Even mistakes can turn to good through the eyes of Christian . Unbelievable . That's how scary religion is .

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Through the Christian eyes , mistakes , suffering , death ....ect can all be good . Their god or their religion just wanted to hear all the positive words coming out of their mouth for their beloved invisible man . In another words delusional .

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Bro , I don't understand if you really believe those 2 kids are in heaven now then you have to thanks god for the accident , right ? Do I sound logical enough ?

Bro, please don't start this in this thread lah. We posted here because we want to share our grief, something we just need to let out of our system. It was such a horrible tragedy.

Life is precious. When tragedy happens, we feel the pain and can understand the suffering. It could be wrong place, wrong time, bad luck, etc. Each one of us search for answers and try to make sense of it. Depending on our faith and religious inclination (or lack of), we try to make sense of it all. Some believe there is life after death and the soul is eternal. So where does it go? It needs to go somewhere. Others believe there is no soul, therefore nothing happens after death. Whether you're an atheist, agnostic, free thinker, a believer in a religion or faith, it doesn't really matter. Because we are to live our lives in a most fulfilling and meaningful manner (else why live at all?). Hence, each chooses his/her own way to achieve a fulfilling and meaningful life, and accepts the event (or non event) that happens after death.