• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Tale of 2 Leukemia Cases:- The Haves versus the Have nots

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
like what i told you all about my this ang mo friend who stayed in spore, he passed away already, first time got stroke, utilised his insurance. then hit by cancer, insurance cannot claim and have to fork out his own money.

so can i say it is safer to have at least 2 insurance policies. i bought one life and one term,the 3rd one is medishield-automatic one. tell me more about this, i want to know,thanks!:smile:

Yes, that's right. Claim once and become untouchables. Cannot even have income shield. I wonder if Khaw still have insurance after claiming his first one. Many still ignorant of this.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the fucking retard here. Did I say that Sinkies are not paying high taxes? I said that Sinkies are unwilling to pay high DIRECT taxes. They do not care about hidden taxes that have been factored into the costs of things like houses and cars.

What kind of stupid logic is this ??? The fact is that Singaporeans are ALREADY PAYING high TOTAL TAXES... why must you disregard indirect taxes???

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
This GE sees PAP playing the "Sympathy" card. First the tears of Lim Boon Heng. Next the "helpless looking" George Yeo speaking about his poor leukemia son... trying to portray the "humane side" of PAP, not realising he gives away his lack of empathy towards the majority of Singaporean. At least the popular saying does not apply to him "In Singapore it is better dead than to be sick"

Last edited:

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of stupid logic is this ??? The fact is that Singaporeans are ALREADY PAYING high TOTAL TAXES... why must you disregard indirect taxes???

Oh yeah? Explain this then. Why are Sinkies willing to hand over >30% of their monthly salary to the government every month? Note that this is not real tax but in a way, it acts like a tax in the sense that you are not able to utilise the money in whatever way you like. This scheme is aka CPF.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This part of your post says that.

My wife went for bone operation last year. Bill ws $30K and we paid $0 from cash and $0 from CPF. This does not mean we are bigger f**k VIP then Khaw? Is just about insurance. Some people KPKB without getting their damn facts correct!!

Do you have amnesia? Shall we continue with this debate? I don't want to take advantage of mentally challenged people. Seriously.

Which part of " ....sway sway my wife kanna Stage 1 Cancer recently and also last year went for major bone operation...................My wife went for bone operation last year. Bill was $30K ..."
you don't understand?

You are correct, no point for me to argue with someone who cannot read and is mentally challenged!!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh yeah? Explain this then. Why are Sinkies willing to hand over >30% of their monthly salary to the government every month? Note that this is not real tax but in a way, it acts like a tax in the sense that you are not able to utilise the money in whatever way you like. This scheme is aka CPF.

I would say CPF is NOT a form of tax, but is a form of Forced savings.

After all, you cannot use tax money to buy properties (flat, condos, house) or investment in shares or Unit Trust or invest in Gold. If you die, your family wouldn't be able to withdraw any tax money too right? Also at 55, can you withdraw tax money? Ok, maybe for retirement, at 62 you can, in form of Pension. All these I've mentioned earlier, CPF can.

Actually no point scolding each other retards, cos CPF indeed is not a tax but Forced savings. You can shout the loudest insults and argue until the cow comes home, but the fact is, CPF is not tax, is Forced Savings.

Let me guess, you are probably still young and do not use your CPF to buy properties or invest, right? Since you pay every month without using it or withdrawal, you feel like is a tax. Well, yes it feels like it if I were you.

Force savings is annoying. But to many, is good for them!

:(

jw5

Loyal

After all, you cannot use tax money to buy properties (flat, condos, house) or investment in shares or Unit Trust or invest in Gold. If you die, your family wouldn't be able to withdraw any tax money too right? Also at 55, can you withdraw tax money? Ok, maybe for retirement, at 62 you can, in form of Pension. All these I've mentioned earlier, CPF can.

CPF is a loan from you to them whereby the terms of repayment and rates of interest are unilaterally determined by them.
Occasionally, they will let you have some of the loan funds back to buy assets, but the moment you sell these assets, you have to top up the loan to them again.
Sounds more apt than forced savings or tax? :wink:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One thing about insurance is if today you are sick (eg, cancer), you claim from your insurance and you recover, that's it.

You can no longer seek another new policy or retain existing policy. So the next step is to do 2 things. Pray that tio toto, big 4d and got enough money or pray never kenna serious illness. No insurer will take your business. If they do, the premium is not high. It's super duper high

Bro, you are only half correct.

For those Critical Illness plan, indeed after the person has claimed, the policy will terminate and he cannot buy new ones cos the person is uninsurable.

However, if he already has a Hospital Medical Plan (like Incomeshield, Pru Shield, GE shield,....), the policy will continue even after the claim is made. It will not terminate and there will not be loading (premium increase for this particular person). These medical plan will only terminate if

1. no premium paid
2. insured kick the bucket
3. policy limit reach (but then again, many plans has $1 million limit or no limit).

Health insurance is not like car insurance. That's the beauty of Shield Plan. This is the context for Singapore, and I am not sure about other countries.

I hope this clarifies.

:rolleyes:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CPF is a loan from you to them whereby the terms of repayment and rates of interest are unilaterally determined by them.
Occasionally, they will let you have some of the loan funds back to buy assets, but the moment you sell these assets, you have to top up the loan to them again.
Sounds more apt than forced savings or tax? :wink:

Definition of loan is you get money upfront and you repay every month. Do we get any money upfront? For you, you pay the bank interest and not the bank pays you interest

And if you die or migrate, you (your family) can take back the loan from the bank?

We can argue till next year. Fact is CPF is Forced savings and not tax!!

:confused:

jw5

Loyal
Definition of loan is you get money upfront and you repay every month. Do we get any money upfront? For you, you pay the bank interest and not the bank pays you interest

And if you die or migrate, you (your family) can take back the loan from the bank?

That's why I said it's a loan from you to them, not a loan from them to you. :wink:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's why I said it's a loan from you to them, not a loan from them to you. :wink:

That's true.

Heee hee, isn't savings a loan from you to the bank too?

If you deposit $5000 into UOB, effectively Wee Cho Yaw owes you $5000?

:smile:

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When it comes to cancer, the last thing on earth you'll want to depend on is the public health system of ANY country. The waiting list alone will probably kill you. The drugs that are covered by funding are never the best and the treatment regime is a balancing act between cost and outcome.

Cancer treatment needs a "no holds barred" approach in order to stack the odds in favour of the patient.

But when u have been told by your govt. that you have the bestest healthcare in the region and affordable to boot, what do you do? I obviously don't trust the govt. but many others do.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Actually no point scolding each other retards, cos CPF indeed is not a tax but Forced savings. You can shout the loudest insults and argue until the cow comes home, but the fact is, CPF is not tax, is Forced Savings.

Let me guess, you are probably still young and do not use your CPF to buy properties or invest, right? Since you pay every month without using it or withdrawal, you feel like is a tax. Well, yes it feels like it if I were you.

Who's the retarded here? Nobody calls you a retard unless the fact is staring you in the face and u still don't see it. CPF is very much a tax. The forced savings part of it is the instrument by which they enforce the tax on you. The issue is not whether you should be forced or not forced to put money into a CPF account. The whole issue is once the money is in the account, what happens to it. Well, the govt. takes it, and buys commercial property, shares, bonds, invest in companies, etc. and they say they earn around 16% return per annum on it. But wait, they are using your money, but only paying you 2.5% per annum. I have news for you, what is that 16%-2.5%=13.5% called? ITS A TAX, RETARD!

Let me explain it more simply to you if possible. You have $100,000 in your CPF account. The govt. says u must put this money into the account and we will use it for you. In return, we pay you only $2500 a year. You have no choice in this matter. They take your money and invest in assets and earn $16000 per year from your own money. Instead of giving you all the $16000 they earn from your money, they give u back only $2500, and keep the rest $13.500 for themselves. This is plainly a tax.

I don't know about you, but any chimpanzee out there can beat a 2.5% return on their money. In fact, the inflation rate is even higher than 2.5%, so your money is actually shrinking every year in your CPF account in terms of real purchase power. Yes, maybe not everyone can get 16% return on their money, some may get higher, some may get lower, but everyone should beat 2.5% handily. The lost of interest income in your CPF account is due to a direct transfer of these interest to the govt. coffers.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Fuck, u are really dense. JW5 means its a loan from YOU to the GOVT. The govt. does indeed receive your money up front. And the govt. pays you interest of 2.5% per year on it. And when you reach a certain age, the govt. will repay u your principal in stages. Got it?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You are the fucking retard here. Did I say that Sinkies are not paying high taxes? I said that Sinkies are unwilling to pay high DIRECT taxes. They do not care about hidden taxes that have been factored into the costs of things like houses and cars. Don't blame me, just go and ask any Sinkie if he is willing to pay higher taxes to subsidise another Sinkie's medical costs. I bet you will even find it difficult to find significant support for having a minimum wage. They would rather costs be kept as low as possible rather than ensuring others get a decent living.

If Sinkies were willing to help out their fellow countrymen, the PAP would have lost power long ago if they continued with their policies. The strength of PAP today is a reflection of what the Sinkies have wanted for the last few decades.
:oIo:

Were u from the SARC before? I feel like I am having a debate with someone that has an IQ of 75. How do you know sinkies are unwilling to pay high direct taxes? If I went to a sinkie and said "Ok, today, you can buy a HDB flat at cost of $80K insetad of $300K, you can buy a car for $20K and not $120K, you will receive 15% interest on your CPF instead of 2.5%, and you do not have to pay COE, road tax, GST, TV licence, etc. but in exchange, you have to pay DOUBLE YOUR PERSONAL INCOME TAX". I think a lot of sinkie will say "YES". Who says they do not care about hidden taxes? Are you telling me that you think your HDB flat is too cheap? Direct or indirect taxes, its all the same. Its a tax. For anyone to concentrate on one and not the other is stupid.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The tax is not the handing over of the money, you idiot. The tax happens when they take your money, invest it, earns over 15% return on it, and gives you only 2.5%. The 13.5% interest you could have earned yourself, but now is in the govt, coffers is the tax.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never ever right a story in this manner. People will go away with mixed messages. Nearly all parents will spend to the hilt to save their child. GY did the right thing.

The issue is that medicine and medical care is joke and money spinner for this govt. This govt has no heart and no soul. First world countries with the notable exception of the US provide full medical care from cradle to the grave. If you are unemployed and your child has cancer, it is fully covered and one of the parents will get allowance for being a carer as well. While else would a country and its leaders aspire to be 1st world. No one has to sell a house to save a child or oneself.

Now the 3rd world. Most countries it will not charge an arm and leg to get medical attention unlike Singapore. Many Malaysians working and living in Singapore and now Singaporeans head to Malaysia for medicine and treatment. I know a Malaysian retiree who goes to Johore every month to collect a bagful of medicines for 15 ringgit. The batch would cost at least 110 sgd a month in Singapore.

Its an absolute disgrace that we have world class facilities, host the fucking YOG, the F1 and we end up having this family losing their home. I am even more distrubed that the elderly canadian volunteer who had major procedures performed was not charged a cent courtesy of Viv B and Ng Ser Miang.

The imbecile Khaw told his smart arse story for $8 for his heart surgery. Many layman still can't understand how this can be because the CPF is convluted. They should have made whole medical insurance opt-out instead of opt-in like the kidneys. But this devious govt knows that it is more profitable in this manner rather tax their own resources.

Here is a true story of a lady who ended up with full blown cancer after migrating to OZ. She did not pay a cent and the surgeon who operated on her is renown that he does procedures for one of the richest man in Malaysia. The husband is a chef. He was advised by the surgeon to provide full time care to his wife and told how to apply. He turned up they interviewed him and one of the question they asked him if he smoked. He told them that his wife is the one that has cancer and not him. The staff told him that if he smoked they will pay for 2 Packs a day. They will add the allowance to his carer's allowance which would over his temporary absence from his chef's job. The family considers OZ's god's country for what they have done.

Singapore has one of the largest reserves and certainly the biggest per capita and we constantly screw them medically and constantly reminded that everything is subsidised while the PM wife pretends to be sophisticated investor using the reserves.

However, I am struck by the contrast and simlarity between these 2 cases. In one case, BG Yeo has a young son diagnosed with leukemia, and the Sohs also have a young daughter diagnosed with leukemia too. One family carries on life with no noticeable financial burden, and the other family is in effect bankrupt and chased after by creditors and have to sell their home.

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Who's the retarded here? Nobody calls you a retard unless the fact is staring you in the face and u still don't see it. CPF is very much a tax. The forced savings part of it is the instrument by which they enforce the tax on you. The issue is not whether you should be forced or not forced to put money into a CPF account. The whole issue is once the money is in the account, what happens to it. Well, the govt. takes it, and buys commercial property, shares, bonds, invest in companies, etc. and they say they earn around 16% return per annum on it. But wait, they are using your money, but only paying you 2.5% per annum. I have news for you, what is that 16%-2.5%=13.5% called? ITS A TAX, RETARD!

Let me explain it more simply to you if possible. You have $100,000 in your CPF account. The govt. says u must put this money into the account and we will use it for you. In return, we pay you only $2500 a year. You have no choice in this matter. They take your money and invest in assets and earn $16000 per year from your own money. Instead of giving you all the $16000 they earn from your money, they give u back only $2500, and keep the rest $13.500 for themselves. This is plainly a tax.

I don't know about you, but any chimpanzee out there can beat a 2.5% return on their money. In fact, the inflation rate is even higher than 2.5%, so your money is actually shrinking every year in your CPF account in terms of real purchase power. Yes, maybe not everyone can get 16% return on their money, some may get higher, some may get lower, but everyone should beat 2.5% handily. The lost of interest income in your CPF account is due to a direct transfer of these interest to the govt. coffers.

Big load of crap again!! Good for you moron!

Since you are mentally challenged and therefore a financial idiot, let me edcation you on a few things:

1. 16% investment, vs 2.5%. One takes risk and the other low risk. You take an equity investment returns and minus from deposit income and you draw conclusion that it is tax? Going by your Financial "logic", so if I deposit $100K with UOB and get 0.1% interest and UOB lends to customer at 2% interest, so UOB is taxing me? You know what cock you are talking?

2. " Any chimpanzee can get 2.5% return"? You mean no/very low risk investment get 2.5% in today's context investing in a one-year instrument ? You can say that here, behind a PC, no problem. But don't do it in real life. If you say it in the financial world, people will reckon that the chimpanzee has higher FQ that you!

3. You don't even understand the concept of Risk vs Return and Liquity. You sound like an idiot, when you talk about investing. Seems that all investments to all has the same risk, and you only talk about returns disregarding risk totally!

Don't explain anymore lah, explain kee lan! You know nothing!

Earlier you cannot read simple English. Now you show that you are also a financial retard.

All the while, I thought your hatred for PAP makes you sound like a moron. But after communicating with you, I confirmed that you are a moron!!

Hopeless case.

I am wondering why Cooleo banned you previously. He should have shown some compassion towards the mentally challenged in this society!

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

When forced savings are extorted out of sinkies to pay for goods at artificially inflated prices, it pretty much becomes a tax.

That's how the whole HDB scam works. A unit that costs the govt $40,000 to build is then "sold" for $400,000.(that's with a market subsidy thrown in out of goodwill) However, the purchaser is "allowed" to use his forced savings to pay.

Bottom line?... the govt pockets $360,000 of your money which you'll never see again.

At the end of 99 years, your lease runs out and your estate is left with nothing.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can say that again. Concur with you. What can and shld have happened was that the family has bought health insurance in the first place and not wait for sickness to happen and then look for help. This must be a working family and surely somebody must have CPF to pay premiums to buy the compulsory health shield. Even if they can't buy the max coverage, at least $100K which is not uncommon and unaffrodable. Taking bank loans etc is suicide. If there is not enough CPF, friends or relatives could at least help by topping up. Last resourse is to approach the govt and show that you have done everything possible. I know we dont (at least not me) love this govt very much, but in this case, the govt cant help becos govt money is people's money, and unless there is a universal case, you cant exploit that freely and fairly if you start making exceptions here and there.

Anyone can end up with cancer. That's why I've set aside a sizable sum so that if it does happen, I can afford to hop on a plane and seek out the best possible treatment.

I don't earn a couple of million dollars a year. However, with careful planning, I have budgeted for the best possible treatment should a serious illness befall me. This has been achieved through a combination of savings and health insurance plans. If I can plan for such eventualities, so can any sinkie. All it takes is half a brain.

The problem with most sinkies is that they waste money trying to keep up appearances instead of planning for things that actually matter.