• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The stationary flat Earth

Do you think the Earth is flat and stationary?

• I'm not sure...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;LjvtmzbEgm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjvtmzbEgm8[/video]

[video=youtube;fH7BjIzXWOg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH7BjIzXWOg[/video]

[video=youtube;sb5kDVdPx84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb5kDVdPx84[/video]

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Many thanks for repeatedly bumping up this important thread, which already contains numerous proofs that the Earth is flat and stationary. :wink:

[video=youtube;xHwfVn4xZFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHwfVn4xZFY[/video]

Don't over flatter yourself. Am pinning this up for everyone to see your stupidity.
Teehee...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This would probably confuse some people, especially since you've also voted

Enough of this hogwash.
I voted "Yes" in total sarcasm to your inability to accept simple, repeatable mathematics.
And in full principle of scientific methods, I've given myself a chance to listen to those "proof" you've presented and they failed to convince me.
Finally, I will stick this as a sticky and end my arguments with you on this topic of flat earth.

Posterity can judge. I hope your offspring would be proud of you.

Teehee...

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally, I will stick this as a sticky...
attachment.php

It's quite a pleasant surprise that a newbie (who joined only two weeks ago) has managed to reach the very top of the Courtyard. :eek: :p
Is that a sammyboy record? :confused: :p

...and end my arguments with you on this topic of flat earth.
Even more thanks!
attachment.php

Posterity can judge.
Absolutely agree and I'm with you on this! :p

I hope your offspring would be proud of you.
As I've said before in another thread, I'm still a virgin, and I intend to persevere to remain a virgin until I die! :o
But I don't consider myself to be a "loser", especially since I've not lost my virginity. :wink:

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    41.5 KB · Views: 8,487
  • roflroll2.gif
    roflroll2.gif
    6 KB · Views: 8,466
Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope this thread overtake Yinyang's thread here on the sticky.
If you mean in terms of views, that's not my ambition. :wink:
But for as long as I can, I will strive to ensure that it remains at the very top of the sticky threads (at least once a day everyday) and, therefore, at the very top of the entire Courtyard. :p

Laughter is truly the best medicine, they say. Bwahahahahahahaa...
Bwahahahahahahaa...
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Last edited:

Ed Chigliak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diameter of Earth: 12,742km
Size of Int Space Station: 109m x 73m (let’s say it’s a ball of 109m in diameter)

The ISS is 400km away from the surface of the earth. (let’s say it’s a ball of empty space 400km in diameter).

The earth is 12742/0.109 = 116,899 times bigger than the ISS.
The empty space ball is 400/0.109 = 3669 times bigger than the ISS

Per the ratio calculated -

If the ISS is 1cm long (in diameter):
the earth diameter is 116899cm (or 1168.99m or 1.16899km)
the empty space is 3669cm (or 36.69m or 0.03669km)

Now, use your brain (back by your years of PAP education and quality time spent on this forum) and VISUALISE this on paper and ask YOURSELF this question.

If you are an ISS, are you going to see curvature or it’s always a flat surface?
If you are now on land and look far ahead. Are you going to see flat surface all the way till the horizon?

Note: If one is using a camera or a GOPRO etc…there is always the issue of Fish eye lens i.e. one will see the curvature at the “horizons”. It does not prove the earth is flat nor the earth is a globe. We live on this huge and vast piece of mass called land earth.

The reason we see the moon as a “globe” is that we are far away enough to see the full shape of the moon. Of course, there are nutjobs who believe the moon is a flat disc but let us not go there.

Do we see the full shape of the earth from ISS?

My thoughts:
Again it’s back to the satellite and its fundamental theory behind it. Flat earthers are very zealous with debunking the theory of the satellites. It’s their basic foundation for their thrust of alternative arguments. Have you for once, heard any of them argue that microwave dishes, undersea cables do not exist or it’s a myth? They only flat out disagree with the existent of satellite technology even there is empirical and factual evidence based on research and development in institutions.

Btw..anyone passed by the Spore US embassy lately? Do you see satellite dishes up there? Say hypothetically they are fake dishes. Does one actually think the US embassy will have its phone lines, telecommunications networks go through the SingTel telecommunication networks? ;-)

EC

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg, you are super cute! A true baby boy haha.

Ok now that I have voted "yes", can I still have questions? Just questions. Not trying to challenge the theory:p

(It is this one. When the stationary Earth is flat and the Sun is going round above the Earth, why does the USA have winter during the end of the year while Australia has it middle of the year?)

because I'm actually quite shy, even in real life. :o

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't over flatter yourself. Am pinning this up for everyone to see your stupidity.
Teehee...

You have great powers, I didn't know S-Mod can pin up threads. I thought it was a gag by Leongsam or Big Sexy.

The physics of a rotating globular Earth is actually very fascinating. When you leave high school, how much physics do you really know? Not much to be honest!

In fact, the physics of a rotating Earth is worth studying by each and every science student. For example, how do Coriolis forces affect the trajectory of artillery and weather patterns? The Europeans knew about this phenomenon when they were still fighting each other with single shot muskets.

The ancient Egyptians took into account axial precession when constructing the pyramids. They knew the earth revolved around the sun and were able to make detailed calculations. Star charts even. Not a small feat. 2000 years later, people in Europe were still being hanged by the religious orthodoxy for saying the earth revolves around the sun.

Ed Chigliak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hugs -

First ask yourself if the Sun is bigger in size than the earth.

Then visualise the flat earth as a piece of pancake/prata. If you agree that the Sun is around 100times bigger than the earth...try imagining the "Sun" above the flat prata and its circling around the smaller prata from the mid point slowly going outwards.

NO prata?.nevermind.....try circling a soccer ball around the finger tip.

Will that logic make sense?

Omg, you are super cute! A true baby boy haha.

Ok now that I have voted "yes", can I still have questions? Just questions. Not trying to challenge the theory:p

(It is this one. When the stationary Earth is flat and the Sun is going round above the Earth, why does the USA have winter during the end of the year while Australia has it middle of the year?)

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
EC,

Hi, and are you Mr E, my email pal?

I think the flat Earth theory believes that the Pole is in the middle of the pancake/prata, with the Sun circulating above. Concerning about the ball at my fingertip, by right every part of the tip should feel the same heat from the ball. Which makes me wonder how the middle gets to be the coldest and how different parts of the pancake/prata gets winter and summer during the same month.

Explanation of the logic, belongs to flatearther:p

Hugs -

First ask yourself if the Sun is bigger in size than the earth.

Then visualise the flat earth as a piece of pancake/prata. If you agree that the Sun is around 100times bigger than the earth...try imagining the "Sun" above the flat prata and its circling around the smaller prata from the mid point slowly going outwards.

NO prata?.nevermind.....try circling a soccer ball around the finger tip.

Will that logic make sense?

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal