• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The PE in Retrospect

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The issue is that NSP members were more prominent across the board. Nicole's goodwill would have amounted to something. Vincent, Ang were GRC team mates and a level of reciprocity is expected and understood by many.

Give Nicole a break lah. I think she is just doing a friend a favor and if you observe, she didn't follow through the campaign throughout. She didn't even advertise about speaking at TJS rally on her FB.

People may see NSP in "splitting" but to me, this is something special about NSP: the high tolerance of diversity and the rights of the members in deciding on who they want to endorse openly. It is the only party which is not regimental in its management.

Goh Meng Seng

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS has no chance of winning even if TKL didn't contest because he can only get the hardcore opposition votes only and this cannot beat Tony Tan. It is really wishful thinking that he could make it. TKL's supporters are mainly family members of minibond saga and those who truly believe in independence and non-partisan.

WP members and activists did help out TCB campaign as well. Of course, none of the WP candidates spoke on his stage.

Goh Meng Seng

That is somewhat wrong. There were definitely some voters who voted for PAP in GE who voted for TJS.

I still agree that TKL withdrawal would not have helped TJS win, but we will never know how much of an impact TKL's sour surprise revelations about his relationship with TJS were on the results. Did any TJS supporters defect to TCB camp because of that? Perhaps without TKL, TJS may have scored 30s.

Fact is, TKL's withdrawal could have meant a win for TCB.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I have a lot of time for Nicole. She needs guidance and help. Without even talking to her, I can sense that she is wondering what she did.

Give Nicole a break lah. I think she is just doing a friend a favor and if you observe, she didn't follow through the campaign throughout. She didn't even advertise about speaking at TJS rally on her FB.

People may see NSP in "splitting" but to me, this is something special about NSP: the high tolerance of diversity and the rights of the members in deciding on who they want to endorse openly. It is the only party which is not regimental in its management.

Goh Meng Seng

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is TJS even wondering what he just did? If this last min person had not allowed his supporters go wild and start throwing accusations at TCB in the internet in the last few days, TCB would have won.

And TJS still wants to contest in the West of Singapore next time? You think the West which has voted overwhelmingly for TCB will now vote TJS?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
......If this last min person had not allowed his supporters go wild and start throwing accusations at TCB in the internet in the last few days, TCB would have won...
Thank you for bring out what I strongly believe in too. I can see many swings in the internet towards the end of the campaign.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is TJS even wondering what he just did? If this last min person had not allowed his supporters go wild and start throwing accusations at TCB in the internet in the last few days, TCB would have won.

And TJS still wants to contest in the West of Singapore next time? You think the West which has voted overwhelmingly for TCB will now vote TJS?

Bigger question--if he had controlled his supporters and not let thme do a Jiak Liao Bee, he ould have gotting a bit more votes.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not helping anyone. If you had not brought mothers and daughters about TJS, people would not have been cheesed off with you. I am sure some here would have shifted their allegiance due to below the belt attack of this sort.

You are an imbecile for dragging sibling and parents into this. Nobody wants to be associated with stuff like that. Have some respect.

25.04% voted for the SDP

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not helping anyone. If you had not brought mothers and daughters about TJS, people would not have been cheesed off with you. I am sure some here would have shifted their allegiance due to below the belt attack of this sort.

You are an imbecile for dragging sibling and parents into this. Nobody wants to be associated with stuff like that. Have some respect.

Respect for TJS?I have respect for TCB not some "no grassroots experience" person like TJS. Low Thia Kiang rightly rejected him.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Bro, I have a lot of time for Nicole. She needs guidance and help. Without even talking to her, I can sense that she is wondering what she did.

She may be young but she is already an adult. I think she should know what she is doing.

People speculate that TJS, Nicole and some others may form a new party. I find it unbelievable because Nicole has a perfect platform in NSP already. Hazel is the SG, Jeanette is the VP and Nicole is the head of NSP Youth Guild. They are in the key positions to make use of the platform fully and there is no necessity to reinvent the wheel.

Well, most logical option is for TJS to join NSP.

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Young Adults need experience and she will learn.

NSP has historical baggage that cannot be ignored. They either have a name change and the usual suspects gone or someone will get into the ear of the most promising opposition candidate in recent times after Vincent W. TJS will be happy for anyone to adopt him after what happened. His bargaining position has somewhat slimmed down or is in negative.

She may be young but she is already an adult. I think she should know what she is doing.

People speculate that TJS, Nicole and some others may form a new party. I find it unbelievable because Nicole has a perfect platform in NSP already. Hazel is the SG, Jeanette is the VP and Nicole is the head of NSP Youth Guild. They are in the key positions to make use of the platform fully and there is no necessity to reinvent the wheel.

Goh Meng Seng

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Nicole as a perfect platform in NSP? My foot! She is much better than you but still naive in running campaigns

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree about the humiliating 6 years. It will be worse than Nathan. Many people felt TT was going to win anyway. It was because of the narrow margin that people blamed TJS. But the fact that it turned out to be 35.2 and not 60.1 says alot.

I voted TJS because i felt he was the best candidate. If i had known that it was going to be very close between TCB and TT I would have tactically voted TCB.

I was prepared for a TT victory, say, along the lines of 35-28-27-10. In other words I was expected TCB and TJS neck to neck, with TKL losing his deposit but by a very narrow margin . So that's why I voted TJS.

never in my life did I expect instead that it would be TT and TCB neck to neck, with TJS trailing far behind at 25%.

I am a political idiot and deserve to be fucked in the arsehole.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have many times said that TJS does not have the entire oppo votes. And yet many idiots keep saying he has entire 40% and will win the erection. These people fail their math very badly. And TRE should just close down for helping their most unwanted candidate win the erection. Well done.

Thank you for bring out what I strongly believe in too. I can see many swings in the internet towards the end of the campaign.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I voted TJS because i felt he was the best candidate. If i had known that it was going to be very close between TCB and TT I would have tactically voted TCB.

I was prepared for a TT victory, say, along the lines of 35-28-27-10. In other words I was expected TCB and TJS neck to neck, with TKL losing his deposit but by a very narrow margin . So that's why I voted TJS.

never in my life did I expect instead that it would be TT and TCB neck to neck, with TJS trailing far behind at 25%.

I am a political idiot and deserve to be fucked in the arsehole.

Best in what sense? He has done nothing since he left GCT and suddent appears in 2011

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Possible to remind us what accusations were thrown at TCB? I dont remember any dirt being thrown at TCB. I will say that it is overall his inability to convince voters with his overly principled style. His take on salary was somewhat under the belt when he said it is akin to vote buying. He knows very well it is not (as defined by law). Think about growth package, hdb upgrading, etc where beneficiaries are voters. He could simply have said something like lets not talk about something that is currently under review, and just reassure us that he is not in it for the money.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you please let me have some fun before Sunday ends. Tomorrow I will be writing about why TKL caused TT to be elected. Next week will be devoted to why spoiling the vote led to TT ascendency. The week after is a bit of a mystery as no more scapegoat to slaughter.

Looking forward to your postings, with thanks and gratefulness.

This afternoon, I looked at my child while she was sleeping and grief overcame me and I only have myself to blame. :(

For the sake of our children, fellow brothers and sisters, we shall recover.

Grief-Cycle-2.gif

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At least 64.81% voters didnt vote for TT !

aiyah, all wayang la. tonic already lost, but harry potter had to pull the last minute sword from the wizard's hat to rescue tonic for a celebratory gin and tonic. it's in the contingency plans. they're never gonna lose no matter what the outcome so long when harry is (still) in charge. all these retrospective analysis paralysis is pure garbage. tonic would have won no matter what even if it was only a 2 way contest between him and orang u tan, sun tan, or u tan, or whatever tan thrown at him. the whole fecking place is engineered and manipulated down to every detail including the margin of victory. if vote stuffing can happen in sf, the most liberal and democratic of u.s. cities, it can happen anywhere on this planet. democracy is a scam.