• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shock (or maybe not) result in the EPL:

Man Yoo 1 Crystal Palace 2 :biggrin:

Where are all the Man United fanboys here? I didn't watch the match but from the reports it seems £80m defender Harry Maguire was crap whilst Gary 'free transfer' Cahill was Man of The Match!
They really seem to have a problem getting a decent replacement for SAF.

And yes...fair play to Crystal Palace and Woy Hodgson.:biggrin:

Reactions: jw5

jw5

Loyal
Shock (or maybe not) result in the EPL:

Spurs 0 Newcastle 1

Perhaps Man Yoo and Spurs should exchange managers. :biggrin:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CL DRAW
Group A: Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, Club Brugge, Galatasaray
Group B: Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Olympiakos, Red Star Belgrade
Group C: Manchester City, Shakhtar Donetsk, Dinamo Zagreb, Atalanta
Group D: Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Lokomotiv Moscow
Group E: Liverpool, Napoli, Salzburg, Genk
Group F: Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan, Slavia Prague
Group G: Zenit St. Petersburg, Benfica, Lyon, Leipzig
Group H: Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia, Lille

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teams to qualify for knock out phase
Group A: Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid
Group B: Bayern Munich, Tottenham
Group C: Manchester City, Atalanta
Group D: Juventus, Atletico Madrid
Group E: Liverpool, Napoli
Group F: Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund
Group G: Zenit St. Petersburg, Lyon
Group H: Ajax, Valencia

jw5

Loyal
Shakhtar and Bayer Leverkusen can be very formidable opponents in Groups C and D respectively. Same for Inter Milan in Group F now that both Lukaku and Sanchez have moved from Man Yoo to Inter. :biggrin:

I also wonder why Zenit St Petersburg have a top ranking, they have achieved nothing in previous Champions Leagues. Ajax and Valencia to qualify instead of Chelsea is a bold yet interesting prediction. :wink:

Teams to qualify for knock out phase
Group A: Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid
Group B: Bayern Munich, Tottenham
Group C: Manchester City, Atalanta
Group D: Juventus, Atletico Madrid
Group E: Liverpool, Napoli
Group F: Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund
Group G: Zenit St. Petersburg, Lyon
Group H: Ajax, Valencia

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shakhtar and Bayer Leverkusen can be very formidable opponents in Groups C and D respectively. Same for Inter Milan in Group F now that both Lukaku and Sanchez have moved from Man Yoo to Inter. :biggrin:

I also wonder why Zenit St Petersburg have a top ranking, they have achieved nothing in previous Champions Leagues. Ajax and Valencia to qualify instead of Chelsea is a bold yet interesting prediction. :wink:
Ajax is good, I support SG team, further more, Lampard first time managing CL games, how far can he proceeds?

jw5

Loyal
Valencia is SG team? :biggrin:

Ajax is good but they may not be good as last year, having lost their best defender and midfielder to Juventus and Barcelona respectively. Lampard may be a novice manager, but his team is quite talented. :wink:

Ajax is good, I support SG team, further more, Lampard first time managing CL games, how far can he proceeds?

jw5

Loyal
Man Yoo and Chelski are suffering from the same ailments: Inexperienced manager who was a former superstar player; Attacking stars who have left; Youngsters trying their best to fill in; Lack of leadership in the team; Star Spanish goalies who have become rather dodgy; Underperforming overpaid players; Arrogant owners and management etc etc. :biggrin:

Man City are the team to beat in the EPL. Whilst Chelsea and Man Utd only draw, they thrash Brighton 4-0.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Man Yoo and Chelski are suffering from the same ailments: Inexperienced manager who was a former superstar player; Attacking stars who have left; Youngsters trying their best to fill in; Lack of leadership in the team; Star Spanish goalies who have become rather dodgy; Underperforming overpaid players; Arrogant owners and management etc etc. :biggrin:

It all boils down to the owners and the manager they manage to appoint. You need a combination of a fantastic manager who has a plan and the ability to attract the right players and the owner willing to back him with funds.

Another increasingly important aspect in football is the technical director or head of player recruitment.

Liverpool's Michael Edward's has been fantastic in this role getting bargain buys (even if people thought the fee was too high initially) and getting very good money for player sales. Selling Coutinho for £140 million? Man....

I worry that Klopp is leaving in 2022.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Saints 1-1 Man Yoo

10 men Saints did very well to hold out a 1 all draw :biggrin:

It is unusual for people to start singing praises of teams like Southampton and Crystal Palace. Only when they are getting good results against teams are has been. Lol!

Several years ago I has told all my ManU friends that after SAF leaves ManU it will be the start of the decline for them. They refuted and said no way.

Lol! It will take a long time for ManU to get back on track. They need a proper manager.

jw5

Loyal
I dislike Klopp. He is a hypocrite, like you......................... :rolleyes::biggrin:

It all boils down to the owners and the manager they manage to appoint. You need a combination of a fantastic manager who has a plan and the ability to attract the right players and the owner willing to back him with funds.

Another increasingly important aspect in football is the technical director or head of player recruitment.

Liverpool's Michael Edward's has been fantastic in this role getting bargain buys (even if people thought the fee was too high initially) and getting very good money for player sales. Selling Coutinho for £140 million? Man....

I worry that Klopp is leaving in 2022.

jw5

Loyal
Final score to an exciting match:

Everton 3 Wolves 2

Next for the big London derby: Arsenal vs Spurs! :biggrin:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20190902_100636.jpg