• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Dave Lee (Corporal F.C.) Thread

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
In any army shit happens. Just get over it and move on.

That is precisely the type of fucked-up attitude that will ensure that such unnecessary deaths an injuries will continue to occur.

In my experience, the people who talk casually and dismissively about war are those like President Bone Spurs Trump and his ilk. Those who have undergone real war don't and are the biggest pacifists. Ditto for those who talk dismissively about injuries or deaths. In all likelihood, they are REMFs (Rear Echelon Mother Fuckers) pushing pencil and paper in the comfort and safety of an airconditioned staff room, but pretending to have undergone or conducted the most hazardous and dangerous of training.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you know what happened? Were you there?

I based it on a witness' account which seems very credible from my experience of how training and investigations are conducted in the SAF. You based yours on the soldier's purported fitness levels and your other usual dismissive nonsense.

I will take the witness' account over your dismissive crap at any time.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've had cyclists in my group suffer heart attacks while riding too. When a heart attack occurs you don't have to listen to anything. Your body will force you to stop. When a heart attack occurs there is no way a cyclist is going to get to the top of a hill even if he tried.
You still choose to twist and turn, and ignore the difference in the 2 cases.

My friend stopped when he felt weird and uncomfortable. There was no pain nor anything. The damage to the heart would be minimum.

Your friend stop only when he got a heart attack. There will be pain, breathlessness, ....Part of the heart muscle will be permanently damaged.

My friend's chance of survival with little permanent damage is good. If your friend survived, he is lucky. But the efficiency of his heart should drop drastically as any heart attack will damage the muscle permanently.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is precisely the type of fucked-up attitude that will ensure that such unnecessary deaths an injuries will continue to occur.

In my experience, the people who talk casually and dismissively about war are those like President Bone Spurs Trump and his ilk. Those who have undergone real war don't and are the biggest pacifists. Ditto for those who talk dismissively about injuries or deaths. In all likelihood, they are REMFs (Rear Echelon Mother Fuckers) pushing pencil and paper in the comfort and safety of an airconditioned staff room, but pretending to have undergone or conducted the most hazardous and dangerous of training.
I agree with you 100%. It's this farker attitude as usually it is the top and usualy the paper pusher generals who talk crap and spout this shitty "it has happen , so get over it and move on" mantra or attitude esp espoused by the No.1 himself.. they forgot that those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. That's why disasters in SAS always happen again and again esp with the NS boys training and the commanders would get away scot free and maybe even get a promotion for being compliant with that farked up attitude of "get over it". Same with MRT fiasco where there is cockup every week for last 10 years and would not improve until someone is fired or there is a lawsuit eg in the MRT train accdient where screwed up engineer bocap attitude which resulted in 2 technicians deaths and the Malay relatives demanded blood.
I say let there be a whistleblower culture and blow up as big as possible these idiots fatal mistakes. otehriwse it would be swept under the carpet and some clown would say get over it again.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
His whole platoon mates all speckys.

specky Guards platoon but doing US Seals types of harsh training. sad.

just dont add up.

2018-05-06 19.18.03.png

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still choose to twist and turn, and ignore the difference in the 2 cases.

My friend stopped when he felt weird and uncomfortable. There was no pain nor anything. The damage to the heart would be minimum.

Your friend stop only when he got a heart attack. There will be pain, breathlessness, ....Part of the heart muscle will be permanently damaged.

My friend's chance of survival with little permanent damage is good. If your friend survived, he is lucky. But the efficiency of his heart should drop drastically as any heart attack will damage the muscle permanently.

Burmese all has Indian blood.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The SAF shows lots of care and concern for its soldiers and our sons.

Look the commander wiping down his men and ensuring that they do not suffer from heat stroke while during CFC Dave Lee's funeral send off.

Soldiers being wiped down and given water as they line the road leading to Mandai Crematorium for the funeral of NSF Dave Lee. https://cna.asia/2jtUYvT

31919611_10155566921412934_4382252438887858176_o.jpg

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The SAF shows lots of care and concern for its soldiers and our sons.

Look the commander wiping down his men and ensuring that they do not suffer from heat stroke while during CFC Dave Lee's funeral send off.

Soldiers being wiped down and given water as they line the road leading to Mandai Crematorium for the funeral of NSF Dave Lee. https://cna.asia/2jtUYvT

31919611_10155566921412934_4382252438887858176_o.jpg

I think they are darned afraid that the soldiers may collapse due to heatstroke during the funeral send-off.

With so much media publicity and public outcry on Dave Lee's death, these commanders are feeling the pressure. They must have also gotten it from their CO and Army Chief to buck up or fall out. One death is too many.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is too hot lah!
88 to 90 degrees f not that hot. it’s high humidity plus a little heat that can cause uneasiness. but everytime i’m there weather cools down to 77 to 82 degrees f with rain showers or thunderstorms. shiok! i would cycle in the afternoon just after lunch when nobody is on pcn. lagi shiok. all by myself. wind in my face. sometimes warm breeze from sea. my helmet provides shade to my eyes and head. i can do 69 km round trip after high noon with no problem. just need to hydrate oneself with gatorade or 100plus before, during, and after the exercise. have been doing this for over 6.9 years already in sg weather at my (old) age. the only pain is in my butt crack, even with padded pants and underwear. this is why seatless bikes are best. :p

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Dont joke lah. Anybody ever see a gym that says exercise in sauna environment? Good for health?

Live in sauna?

People go sauna for a few minutes only then cannot tahan get out go nice cool shower.

Gym all air conditioned.

Living in sinkieland is like living in hell just weather wise alone.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont joke lah. Anybody ever see a gym that says exercise in sauna environment? Good for health?

Live in sauna?

People go sauna for a few minutes only then cannot tahan get out go nice cool shower.

Gym all air conditioned.

Living in sinkieland is like living in hell just weather wise alone.
not so bad lah. you’ve been living in cool dry canada for so long you forget about enjoying heat and humidity. for me, cal is becumming too dry and allergic in spring as grass and tree pollen is everywhere except sf (fog city). in sg lately there’s global cooling and the weather has been nice. really nice mornings and evenings with some humidity. i love humidity. can swim in it. can smell the tropical moisture from the plants. can finally sweat it out. very refreshing and invigorating. for sinkies who live in aircon all their lives and do not sweat, something’s wrong. they need to be culled to make way for those who sweat to take over the scarce resources.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
not so bad lah. you’ve been living in cool dry canada for so long you forget about enjoying heat and humidity. for me, cal is becumming too dry and allergic in spring as grass and tree pollen is everywhere except sf (fog city). in sg lately there’s global cooling and the weather has been nice. really nice mornings and evenings with some humidity. i love humidity. can swim in it. can smell the tropical moisture from the plants. can finally sweat it out. very refreshing and invigorating. for sinkies who live in aircon all their lives and do not sweat, something’s wrong. they need to be culled to make way for those who sweat to take over the scarce resources.

I hate being hot sweaty and sticky all the time.

We do get very hot humid days in Calgary too during summer. But only 2 handfuls.

I have air con in my house. So much more fun doing gardening and outdoor stuff eg hikes dog walks etc in warm dryer weather. When the wind blows cool.

Sinkie sauna like shit man. Machiam feel like stuck in hot quicksand

The key is sinkieland weather THE SAME all year round. Hot humid. Cool humid. Wet humid. Whether you like it or not after a while also damn boring

Got to have seasons lag. Change is nice. Now after our long high snowfall awesome ski season winter comes summer. Sunshine long days (yeah sun set like 9pm) do different things. Get out the bikes. Sports cars. Lawn mower. Dethatcher. Pathway
Lights. Pressure washer. Hiking boots.

Otherwise do same things all year round buay sian?

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hate being hot sweaty and sticky all the time.

We do get very hot humid days in Calgary too during summer. But only 2 handfuls.

I have air con in my house. So much more fun doing gardening and outdoor stuff eg hikes dog walks etc in warm dryer weather. When the wind blows cool.

Sinkie sauna like shit man. Machiam feel like stuck in hot quicksand

The key is sinkieland weather THE SAME all year round. Hot humid. Cool humid. Wet humid. Whether you like it or not after a while also damn boring

Got to have seasons lag. Change is nice. Now after our long high snowfall awesome ski season winter comes summer. Sunshine long days (yeah sun set like 9pm) do different things. Get out the bikes. Sports cars. Lawn mower. Dethatcher. Pathway
Lights. Pressure washer. Hiking boots.

Otherwise do same things all year round buay sian?
that's why there are direct flights daily between hemispheres to allow those with means to enjoy various regions and climates anytime in the year. right now it's best to get away from pollen-saturated norcal (too many tree huggers preserving fauna and foliage) and make a trip to hawaii to enjoy molten lava spewing from underground around the big nipple. that one is worse than sauna or steam room (there's a difference between the 2 - the former is dry and hot while the latter is hot and humid). burning up entire jungle and consuming anything along its flow. everywhere has to make do with environment and adapt. i adapt to sg environment easily and can thrive in it as i can go miles by pushing myself, after overcoming the 1st 69 seconds of instinct to quit in the heat and humidity. after going 69 minutes i can't seem to stop enjoying it. very shiok just soaking in the sun, sweating it out in the humidity, and smiling to sinkies who hide in aircon and shade. :biggrin: