• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Dave Lee (Corporal F.C.) Thread

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Full-time National Serviceman, Private (PTE) Lee Han Xuan Dave, 19, a Guardsman from the 1st Battalion Singapore Guards, was found to display signs of heat injury at about 0835hrs on 18 Apr 2018. PTE Lee had just completed an 8km fast march in Bedok Camp.

An SAF medic attended to PTE Lee immediately to bring down his core temperature. PTE Lee was evacuated to the camp's Medical Centre where body cooling measures and treatment were continued by the SAF medical team. At 0950hrs, PTE Lee arrived at Changi General Hospital (CGH), where he was warded in the Intensive Care Unit since 18 Apr 2018. Unfortunately, PTE Lee's condition did not improve in the ICU and worsened during the hospitalisation. PTE Lee was pronounced dead at 1732hrs on 30 Apr 2018 at CGH.

The Ministry of Defence and the SAF extend their deepest condolences to the family of the late serviceman and are assisting the family in this time of grief.

https://www.mindef.gov.sg/web/porta...leases/article-detail/2018/april/30apr18_news

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SAF failed in its 'Saving Private Dave' mission. What sort of elite guardsman soldier can't even complete a simple 8 km march?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
RIP Private Lee. Always sad to hear one of our boys died because of NS. For every one that is reported, I wonder how many is gone unreported.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_8331.GIF

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/...rold_nsf_dies_after_displaying_signs_of_heat/

lopesmd54

32m
I am a soldier from 1 guards. One of our fellow soldier is currently in critical condition heat stroke (possibly brain dead) due to the reckless behavior of my fellow commanders. I want to bring this to light so that the commanders involved are duly punished and nothing gets hidden as part of the investigation.

Dave is still in critical condition in the hospital, and it has almost been one week since the incident. But there has been rumours that his condition has worsening .

Illegal turnout

The night before a 8km fast march (an activity considered high key) our entire recce platoon was turned out after lights out by our sergants, forcing us to bear crawl to the SOC grounds at bedok camp, doing thier usual tekan of making us roll in the sand and have water poured on us, to satisfy their own sadistic pleasure. Asa result we did not have the adequate 7 hours of rest mandated by the traning safety regulation required for our fast march the next day.

Commanders forcing trainees

During the fast march, Dave struggled to complete his fast march and was dragged by senior commanders, forcing him to finish the fast march even though he was showing signs of extreme physical exhaution.

Dave collapsed after collecting his timing chip at our company line. We saw Dave breathing frantically, going through delirium, with his tounge out and only the white in his eyes visible. he was not articulate.

inability of commanders to spot heat exhaustion

It was obvious that even to an untrained soldier, especially commanders who went to OCS / SCS, that dave was going through Heat Exhaution or even heat stroke. yet they still acted as though there as nothing severe or that he could even be acting "keng"

non-administering of ice packs / BCU / water mist

the commanders did not follow the proper protocol for a soldier in heat exhaution. His cloths were not removed, no ice pack were place at the vital heat dissapation points in his body and the medic was even blur not knowing what to do. The safety officer was nowhere to be found during this whole time and the commnders left his body under the hot sun instead of bringing it to a shaded area. it took them almost 30minutes to an hour before they even stretched him away to the medical center before he was even transported to a hospital using the Military ambulance.

Lack of seriousness towards the incident

To add insult to injury, the sergeants were just surrounding him, talking cock and laughing and cracking jokes around him, obviously thinking the soldier is trying to keng. I hope sgt Justin, ren zong, nich, ren jie and jonas is punished for this. I really hope the army safety throughly investigates this incident and punishes the people involved. Its no point doing lip service to "safety" by adding it as a core value when safety is not given heed.

if anything happens to him, i believe its the fault of the commanders who did not know eve how to administer the proper procedure for Heat Stroke, wasting vital time before his temperature reached 42deg. As well as commanders who dont understand the seriousness of the uninteruppted rest that is required as per training safety regulation, especially for high key activities.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Well, if what was said it Reddit is true, then the commanders must be punished. It's a joke when young soldiers die due to negligence and abuses by commanders. I wonder if the CO is another damn scholar?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, if what was said it Reddit is true, then the commanders must be punished. It's a joke when young soldiers die due to negligence and abuses by commanders. I wonder if the CO is another damn scholar?

They should be buried together.
Justin,
ren zong,
nich,
ren jie and
jonas

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Shhhh.. quiet! No such thing as negligence. It was an unfortunate accident. Can’t be helped! :(

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good job by the whistle blower. Justice must be served. Bloody irresponsible commanders if what the post said is true.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sad thing is that all that will be done is a few small fry will get charged rank <COL.

Minister Hen wayang apologize a bit.