• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The alcohol thread

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal
3992228475_d107a4df01_z.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No menthol beer? Kiwi beer? Passion fruit beer? Honey beer?

Hey aussie, please don't joke leh. Beer is beer. All these flavoured "beers" are for poofsters. :biggrin:

Australia has some of the best beers I've tasted. Never appreciated beer in my youth until I discovered the Tasmanian treasures like Cascade and James Boag.
5997-main.675w.jpg

boags1.jpg

One of my fav premo beers is the westie full flavoured Redback.

redbacksixpack_sml.jpg

Ooooohhhh.... how I crave for a redback now.....

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When in china, I recommend this Snow beer for anyone who likes lager. It has a clean taste like Tsingtao, and goes well with meals. Pity I can't find it here.

snow1.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Reminds me of my dad who liked Tsingtao to go along with duck head and neck. Recently, me and some friends hanged around a Geylang coffeeshop selling Chinese satay (not local Chinese satay but PRC satay). Tsingtao went along well too. But if you go to China, don't try the Tsingtao there, it sucks like rain water slightly tainted with alcohol. It's obvious that Tsingtao differentiates between domestic production for peasants at low prices and international production for value-add at much higher prices. Try the various local provincial brands not available internationally, these are always much better than PRC Tsingtao. One thing about Chinese beers, real beer drinkers probably need to drink more than usual as these are mostly about 4%-alc. beers. I think same case for many Australian beers.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chill your beer in the fridge or if you like the bottles on your table, chill them in a bucket of ice. Putting ice into beer not only dilutes but destroys the taste.
ya, man! ...

tis morning watch futbol on tv ... open 1 botol heineken ... drink a bit, den felt it not cold oredi ... put it back in fridge ... later, took out again n drink ... wa! ... taste damn shiok again, man! ... sum mor, reds beat ze bleus! ... double shiok! ... :eek:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like beer.

Cheers!

What are your favourite alcoholic drinks?

Beer - Heineken, Carlsberg, Tiger, others?

Whisky - Chivas Regal, Johnnie Walker, others?

Brandy - Martell, Hennessy, others?

Wine - Red, White, Sake, others?

Cocktail recipes also welcome. Let's share and cheers! :smile:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find "Ice Cold Beer" at Emerald Hill has good atmosphere plus they served properly chilled beers. They have most brands available.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find "Ice Cold Beer" at Emerald Hill has good atmosphere plus they served properly chilled beers. They have most brands available.

Not sure if Justin is still running the place. Grandson of Lee Kong Chian. Auntie has at least one house along Emerald Hill. Family members should have at least 4-5.