• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The alcohol thread

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is a shareholder amd yes jhis family owns the properties including No.5 and Que Pasa. He does not actually runs the place as it is managed by the Emerald Hill Group.

Not sure if Justin is still running the place. Grandson of Lee Kong Chian. Auntie has at least one house along Emerald Hill. Family members should have at least 4-5.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is a shareholder amd yes jhis family owns the properties including No.5 and Que Pasa. He does not actually runs the place as it is managed by the Emerald Hill Group.

Any idea if he is still driving his Land Rover? He broke off with his long-time girlfriend some years ago. Not sure if he is still a bachelor. Nice chap. Very humble and respectful to ah peks like me.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry no idea at all. Do not know him personally although I know his partners. The last time I met him was last year's CNY or the year before (I can't recall) but this year he was not present. He is quite an ok guy, no airs.

Any idea if he is still driving his Land Rover? He broke off with his long-time girlfriend some years ago. Not sure if he is still a bachelor. Nice chap. Very humble and respectful to ah peks like me.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody knows how many bubbles are there in a 750 ml bottle of champagne?

C'mon anyone? Any chemist PhD? Any rocket scientist? Apparently I heard that one can calculate it.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anybody knows how many bubbles are there in a 750 ml bottle of champagne?

C'mon anyone? Any chemist PhD? Any rocket scientist? Apparently I heard that one can calculate it.

Bubbles are in a constant state of flux because they are being created (they are expanding pockets of carbon dioxide gas) and destroyed continually. Maybe its possible to model them using differential equations.

For me, I just concentrate on guzzling the beer, nothing more. :eek:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
still, you might want to have that Eureka feeling half way thru that beer of yrs.

Acc to this book I'm reading, Wine Myths, Facts & Snobberies, by Daniel Pambianchi, it is possible to calculate using Henry's Law, the fact that the bottle is under 5.5 bars at 20 C, and the size of a bubble observed to be 0.5 mm dia. which equals 69 millionth of one mL. The answer :

49 million!

A research study incentivised by Moet & Chandon (of Dom Perignon fame) and Heineken resulted in the ITMI (Industrie et Technolgie de la Machine) using a camera-based, computer-linked artificial vision system whihc actually recorded the release of bubbles and counted them. They found on average

250 million bubbles in a bottle of Champagne (not lager).

Now you have a new piece of trivia to snort yr guests at.

Bubbles are in a constant state of flux because they are being created (they are expanding pockets of carbon dioxide gas) and destroyed continually. Maybe its possible to model them using differential equations.

For me, I just concentrate on guzzling the beer, nothing more. :eek:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
may i ask if consuming these bubbles will make you float in the air?:biggrin:

still, you might want to have that Eureka feeling half way thru that beer of yrs.

Acc to this book I'm reading, Wine Myths, Facts & Snobberies, by Daniel Pambianchi, it is possible to calculate using Henry's Law, the fact that the bottle is under 5.5 bars at 20 C, and the size of a bubble observed to be 0.5 mm dia. which equals 69 millionth of one mL. The answer :

49 million!

A research study incentivised by Moet & Chandon (of Dom Perignon fame) and Heineken resulted in the ITMI (Industrie et Technolgie de la Machine) using a camera-based, computer-linked artificial vision system whihc actually recorded the release of bubbles and counted them. They found on average

250 million bubbles in a bottle of Champagne (not lager).

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
appreciate your concern! thks, pal!

but you mention "...constant state of flux because they are being created (they are expanding pockets of carbon dioxide gas) and destroyed continually..."

does that mean in the process of destroying this CO2, O2 will evolved? and is this process known as "infra-ultraviolet ray...blah...blah...blah?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nah..they are carbon dioxide gas and so heavy. You will be very much down to earth. Too much, you can suffocate too.

And dont drink and drive.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

but you mention "...constant state of flux because they are being created (they are expanding pockets of carbon dioxide gas) and destroyed continually..."

does that mean in the process of destroying this CO2, O2 will evolved? and is this process known as "infra-ultraviolet ray...blah...blah...blah?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sometimes I wonder if you really have a Phd, or is that just a BS statement you like to make from time to time. No wonder you got fired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonated_water

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, talking cock lah!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

btw, my true story was talking cock landed me into a lot of trouble, many thxs to lky's cronies, i still feel bitter at times. i didn't know cronies' chee bye mouths can ruin and mess up a person's life.
from reservist to work, to at home, i see my friends and family being manipulated.
sibeh bastard! oops, sorry, here i go again!:biggrin:

Sometimes I wonder if you really have a Phd, or is that just a BS statement you like to make from time to time. No wonder you got fired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonated_water

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But if you go to China, don't try the Tsingtao there, it sucks like rain water slightly tainted with alcohol. It's obvious that Tsingtao differentiates between domestic production for peasants at low prices and international production for value-add at much higher prices.

Wah lau. Have you tried Tsingtao draft? It is only available for domestic consumption. Ask anyone who's tried it in China and they will say it is better than the normal ones here.

6151-main.jpg

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Heard of infra-red and ultra-violet. Never heard of infra-ultra-violet. Sounds oxymoron. :rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah lau. Have you tried Tsingtao draft? It is only available for domestic consumption. Ask anyone who's tried it in China and they will say it is better than the normal ones here.

My first tasting of Tsingtao beer in China was in mid 90s. Thereafter, I never ordered Tsingtao again when I revisited China. Perhaps they've improved as their local market grew more affluent to afford better.

Anyway, I don't drink much beer now, only occasionally at gatherings with friends who drink. Like coffee, beer and hard liquors aftertastes associate so well with tobacco smoking. Irresistable to crave for a smoke after a drink. Tea and wine don't have that effect on me, but wine is hardly in vogue for social gatherings.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Belgian beer? Go for Stella Artois. I still remember actually tasted that first in NZ when in a small pub with limited choices of a few unknown brands. Stella Artois sounded familiar to me so I chose it. No regret. Pricey but worthy stuff.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

Correction. I didnt say those words. You shld ask TFBH.

But anyways, I can answer you. He meant that the bubbles are destroyed not the CO2. Matter cannot be destroyed, ok? So the gas is released into the air; it does not change into O2. Otw, we'll all be saved on this planet.

Infra-red and ultraviolet refer to radiation and are part of the light frequency spectrum, in fact opp ends; not a process.

Now drive that cab carefully, don't text and drive too.