• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The alcohol thread

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, i do when beer is not chilled enough, preferably drink beer in a frost mug.

Frost mug and bucket of ice to chill bottles or cans are alright, I don't like actually putting ice into the beer. I used to do that when I started drinking as a teenager. Most of my gang big bros and elder uncs did that. But after a few years I stopped doing that, probably as I've learned to drink brandy and whisky too. Brandy and whisky can take ice and retain their flavour because they're not water-based; beer is water-based and ice adds to dilution significantly and tellingly for those who drink it frequently enough.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What are your favourite alcoholic drinks?

Beer - Heineken, Carlsberg, Tiger, others?

Whisky - Chivas Regal, Johnnie Walker, others?

Brandy - Martell, Hennessy, others?

Wine - Red, White, Sake, others?

Beer - Boddingtons Bitter (English brand)

Brandy - XO

Wine - Sake

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What would you choose between Cordon Bleu and XO?

CB still. Very used to it by now. Hardly drink XO.

But I love the XO beehoon fish soup that used to be located at Holland Drive. The boss, cannot recall his name, is the typical towkay type - big tummy, Montagut t-shirt, Dunhill belt, solid gold Rolex, thick gold 'rope' round his neck like hanging him, see pay howlian fucker.

He was listed, named and interviewed by the ST chaps in the past. They were then interviewing the nastiest foodstall owners or something like that. For once, ST got it right. This fellow is damn howlian. He has moved but I don't know where to.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal

He was listed, named and interviewed by the ST chaps in the past. They were then interviewing the nastiest foodstall owners or something like that. For once, ST got it right. This fellow is damn howlian. He has moved but I don't know where to.

GD...remember seeing the stall in a coffee shop opp West Coast Plaza....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beer - Boddingtons Bitter (English brand)

Brandy - XO

Wine - Sake

Victoria Bitter I've drank before in Australia, good. Boddingtons Bitter, never heard off. I didn't drink any beer, ale or stout when I was in England. It was whisky all the way! :smile:

Glad to hear you like sake. I like it too but it's not conveniently available in Singapore. Also not conveniently consumed even if I bought a bottle or tetrapak of it, as I like it best being warmed up. So drinking it is a little like a tea (or wine) ceremony. :o

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GD...remember seeing the stall in a coffee shop opp West Coast Plaza....

The one opposite West Coast Plaza is operated by someone who used to work for the boss of Holland Rd XO beehoon. No idea where that idiot went to. But I somehow don't miss his food the past 12-18 moths. Used to have it at least once a fortnight years ago.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Glad to hear you like sake. I like it too but it's not conveniently available in Singapore. Also not conveniently consumed even if I bought a bottle or tetrapak of it, as I like it best being warmed up. So drinking it is a little like a tea (or wine) ceremony. :o

I take sake every time I go to jap restaurant and I didn't even know I was not supposed to take it with rice (including sushi) until someone (was it you?) who told me.

Beer is still the best when amongst friends. Except you don't get the English or German brands outside, unless you're willing to pay $12 for a mug of German brand beer at Somerset 313 Food Republic! :eek::eek:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I take sake every time I go to jap restaurant and I didn't even know I was not supposed to take it with rice (including sushi) until someone (was it you?) who told me.

My Jap ex-GF told me, sushi and rice dishes, green tea; sashimi and noodle dishes, sake...all the way! :smile:

Beer is still the best when amongst friends. Except you don't get the English or German brands outside, unless you're willing to pay $12 for a mug of German brand beer at Somerset 313 Food Republic! :eek::eek:

All Food Republic franchises are overpriced. I don't even go there for food, much less for drink. :mad:

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Sapporo, Kirin n Tiger! The humble Tiger can be bought at any kopitiam after a game of football, drinking Tiger n watching soccer is so enjoyable! Can't take hard liquor cos it's too heaty for me...yum seng to all bros..huat arhhh!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My Jap ex-GF told me, sushi and rice dishes, green tea; sashimi and noodle dishes, sake...all the way! :smile:

All Food Republic franchises are overpriced. I don't even go there for food, much less for drink. :mad:

I just take sake anytime I like.

FR is quite expensive but food surprisingly tasty and the food court cleaners are PRC chio-bu's. Just take it that you're paying for the eye candy too.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only Roberts shop at FR.

IMHO, best ale in SG is at Brewertz. During off hours, it is only $4.90 for a pint. Among all the brews there, imho Indian Pale Ale (IPL) is the best.

If you are looking at canned beers, Tsingtao and San Miguel are my favoruite.

Bottled ales like Hoegarden and Killney are a rip off, even if you buy it at the DFS. If you like drinking ale like this at home, you may as well go to Brewertz and tapao one of their fresh microbrews. Price is almost the same and tastes so much better.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
What would you choose between Cordon Bleu and XO?

sigh ....

There was a time when Cordon Bleu was being marketed as being "inferioir" to XO.

You could therefore get it at a nice discount to XO.

Sadly those days are past and the price of Cordon Bleu is now the the same if not higher than XO.

At the current price, Cordon Bleu has become over priced compared to premium single malt whiskies (e.g 18 yrs). Should drink these before the price jumps.

For regular drinking, best tasting affordable whiskey is Grants. Half the price of black label, aged 12 years and 50% alcohol content.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
plain water, sugar cane juice and soya bean beats any liquor hands down for me. never like beer, whiskey, wine etc in my life before.

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal
4127011900_5f0908b9cb_z.jpg