• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tao Li Has Done Singaporeans Proud

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tao Li has done what Ang Pee Sai and Jaws 'The Butch' Yeo has never done in their lifetime, getting to the finals of Olympics Swimming Finals and coming in at a laudable fifth position.

Without Foreign Talents like Tao Li, these achievements would be impossible. I hope out government will import more FTs.

Olympics: Singapore swimmer Tao Li 5th in 100m Butterfly finalsPosted: 11 August 2008 1038 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Olympic swimming medal hopeful Tao Li on Monday dashed the country’s hopes with a fifth place in the women's 100m Butterfly finals.

The 18-year-old, who advanced to the finals on Sunday with an Asian record of 57.54 seconds in her heat, failed to top the record with a timing of 57.99 seconds in the finals.

Australia's Lisbeth Trickett won the gold with a timing of 56.73 seconds, the second fastest timing in the history of the sport.

American Christine Magnuson took silver, while another Australian, Jessicah Schipper came in third.

- CNA/yb

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tao Li has done what Ang Pee Sai and Jaws 'The Butch' Yeo has never done in their lifetime, getting to the finals of Olympics Swimming Finals and coming in at a laudable fifth position.

Without Foreign Talents like Tao Li, these achievements would be impossible. I hope out government will import more FTs.

Olympics: Singapore swimmer Tao Li 5th in 100m Butterfly finalsPosted: 11 August 2008 1038 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Olympic swimming medal hopeful Tao Li on Monday dashed the country’s hopes with a fifth place in the women's 100m Butterfly finals.

The 18-year-old, who advanced to the finals on Sunday with an Asian record of 57.54 seconds in her heat, failed to top the record with a timing of 57.99 seconds in the finals.

Australia's Lisbeth Trickett won the gold with a timing of 56.73 seconds, the second fastest timing in the history of the sport.

American Christine Magnuson took silver, while another Australian, Jessicah Schipper came in third.

- CNA/yb

I'm not against FT. In fact, I am for FT if they do the job and if Tao Li got the bronze I'm happy to see Singapore give her the S$250,000.00. Or S$500,000.00 if she got a silver and $1 million if she got a gold.

But bottom line is that 5th means no medal. So she failed.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not against FT. In fact, I am for FT if they do the job and if Tao Li got the bronze I'm happy to see Singapore give her the S$250,000.00. Or S$500,000.00 if she got a silver and $1 million if she got a gold.

But bottom line is that 5th means no medal. So she failed.

Tao Li is only 18.. She will win the gold at London 2012.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tao Li is only 18.. She will win the gold at London 2012.

seriously what's to stop them from bringing in the real top-class athletes who are genuine medal-contenders for the London games? it's just money, and stinkapore has loads of it.

chaomonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHAO TURTLE!!! Why waste the $$ on such things when our welfare for the poor and deprived is in need of attention!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am relief that she did not win. And I pray that someone stop the women table tenns team from winning any medals.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am relief that she did not win. And I pray that someone stop the women table tenns team from winning any medals.

Yeah! Lucky she never win. If Win sure few millions of dollar will gone for expenses like prize money, road parade all over island, dinner ceremony, retirement fund and..............
Spend money for FT better spend for poor.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHAO TURTLE!!! Why waste the $$ on such things when our welfare for the poor and deprived is in need of attention!

Singapore is not a Robin Hood state. I rather reward athlethes (whether born here or migrated for their medals).

My grouse is that she didn't win any. I don't care about 2012. If we pay good money we want medals!.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
whatever it is, she is better than pussy ronald susilo.. 1st rd kena KO liao..

also better than lee weng yew, that guy always talk a lot of cock and after spending so much $$, is not even close to olympic medal

Well, Lee Wung Yew is the best con man around in sports. He has managed to con SSC $500,000 to train for the Olympics. Now at Seventh position from the bottom, he has a lot to answer for his less than idea performance.

Actually, he shot worst than his previous two Olympics but always has the biggest mouth to say he can secure a medal.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG, 5th place. Okay do u remember who was the bronze medalist in say the last Olympics for say 100m freestyle???

Very few ppl do and bother to. Even silver medalist also ppl dun care. Finishing in 5th place???????:eek::eek:

Not even 4th.

Anyway from the glass is half full and not half empty perspective and like what TS mentioned. Tao Li has managed to do something which no other sinkee born swimmer like mr Ang, miss yeo have managed to do and which is to get to the finals.

So hey kudos to our china FT, managed to get into finals. So power!!!:rolleyes: