• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tao Li Has Done Singaporeans Proud

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
5th is a very good achievement liao.
if she was more composed,maybe she will have won the bronze.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Tao Li has done what Ang Pee Sai and Jaws 'The Butch' Yeo has never done in their lifetime, getting to the finals of Olympics Swimming Finals and coming in at a laudable fifth position.

Without Foreign Talents like Tao Li, these achievements would be impossible. I hope out government will import more FTs.

Lance Armstrong's definition of 5th place is "loser number 4".:wink:

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah....

In places like China and US, the top rated sportmen are treated like kings and queens with their future secured. why would they want to come to Singapore?

On the other hand, also in these countries, the second rated (ie didn't make it) ones are usually discarded... hence they are so much more willing to swing over to Singapore.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
You retarded scouser. Tao Li will win the Asian games Gold and be $250,000 richer again.

Curse me come 2012. As long as Tao Li wins nothing, she wins nothing until the next 4 years. Btw, Asian Games is not as prestige as the Olympics. And winning the gold in the Asian Games is the least one would expect from a foreign talent.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am proud of her! If she had won it'll be $250K of taxpayers' money down the drain to this china mercenery. SHe just saved us $250K!

nexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our money from GST and Taxes used to help these so FT in terms of scholarship and after which will they be loyal to Singapore? will they serve NS?

Why must Singaporean be at the mercy of these FTs when we have enough local talent.

It is time to SACK the whole Govt, they are suppose to look after the welfare of the people besides making sure that the economy is running well. But the whole PAP machinery is only making sure that they make the million dollars.

And of cos trying to get FTs to win medals for us. Is this a good way, buying success with money. Will all singaporeans be proud if an FT win the medal? I prefer to watch a home grown true blue singaporean compete in the olympics, even if we loose we loose with honour.

If this generation is going this way, how about our future generations in time to come with PAPPY still in power.

gsgd

IMO, employing foreigners for a business is one thing. But bringing in foreigners solely for the purpose of winning medals for a country just don't quite cut it in my book.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah....

In places like China and US, the top rated sportmen are treated like kings and queens with their future secured. why would they want to come to Singapore?

On the other hand, also in these countries, the second rated (ie didn't make it) ones are usually discarded... hence they are so much more willing to swing over to Singapore.

Please lah ... in established sporting countries you don't get $1 million for a gold, $500k for a silver or $250k for a bronze since they're all a dime a dozen.

The spoken for athlethes are those in spectator sports like soccer in UK or basketball in US.

Sangrawi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did Tao Li win the gold medal?

I don't understand.... 5th place and get half of Shitty Times front page? Nothing more important to report arh?

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haaa.... really amazing how the papers can make her fifth placing look like so big achievement....

Should have put the report that we have save some million dollars thanks to her non-achievement instead... At least read liao still more shiok...

:p

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST didn't mention they are also proud of Singapore badminton Ronald Susilo and Singapore shooter Lee Wung Yew. So much hope on them but both Fail badly.

Then again I saw MM Lee at the opening ceremony, Press said that Singapore’s Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew attended the Olympics Opening Ceremony in Beijing on Friday, at the invitation of Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao.

Why only MM Lee, no President Nathan, SM Goh or PM Lee? R the rest simply too small a fly to be invited, Ha.

Sangrawi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just hear the news that Pres Prata-man will be flying to China today to support the Singapore Olympics team. Also got meeting with President Hu Jin Tao... Don't seow seow...

Our erected president also very important mah...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lance Armstrong's definition of 5th place is "loser number 4".:wink:

The sinkies are trying their best to put some "face" on themselves. It's a good effort anyway.

But to me, a real talent being trained and recruited is to get a gold medal and not even a 2nd. That is what i call a real talent search.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sinkies are trying their best to put some "face" on themselves. It's a good effort anyway.

But to me, a real talent being trained and recruited is to get a gold medal and not even a 2nd. That is what i call a real talent search.

You are right. We should have just paid top dollar for a gold medalist. For a few gold medalists in fact.

unicando

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not against FT. In fact, I am for FT if they do the job and if Tao Li got the bronze I'm happy to see Singapore give her the S$250,000.00. Or S$500,000.00 if she got a silver and $1 million if she got a gold.

But bottom line is that 5th means no medal. So she failed.

hmm...impressive performance she was very close to the top three in the final and setting the asia record in the semi. her performance is good for the sport sch.

visitor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Michael Phelps only gets US$1 million from Speedo if he wins 7 Gold Medals.

5th Position - newspaper praised like hell, like she had won GOLD.